The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum (http://forum.barrowdowns.com/index.php)
-   Quiz Room (http://forum.barrowdowns.com/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Same Letter Sentences! (http://forum.barrowdowns.com/showthread.php?t=17027)

Galadriel55 12-09-2010 06:25 AM

Same Letter Sentences!

I've thought this would be a fun idea for a thread. You have to come up with a sentencethat's composed of words that start with one letter (which is given). There have to be at least 5 such words. The person who does it has to name the letter that he wants the next person to use.
"small words" like a, an, the, in, on, with, be, to, etc are allowed, but you cannot count them as part of the 5 (or more).
The content doesn't have to make any sense at all, but try to keep the grammar (that's what "small words" are for). The sentences can be as far-fetched as you want, as long as it is a relatively proper sentence.
It has to be Tolkien/Barrow-Downs related (you can do it about a Downer), any connection that you want.

Here's an example:
"Seven stinky Smeagols suddenly sat on a smelly slippery swamp" - that would be counted as 8 words.

Titles/names that are a combination of 2 or more words could be used, just use a -dash- to indicate that these words go as one. The first letter of the first word is the one that you go by. Example: "Great Gandalf the Green gurgled on the Golden-Hall"

Whoever wants to go, try the letter F.
Have fun guys!

Galadriel55 12-12-2010 05:17 PM

Are you kidding me?!?!

Is this thread that boring or is the Quiz forum that dead?!?!?!?! I thought that this is a pretty fun thread, and that people will enjoy comming up with weird and hilarious sentences. It its the letter f that you don't like, I'll make it easier for the first person to attempt this - you can start with any letter! (but that works only for the 1st person).

Galadriel55 12-20-2010 11:53 AM

NOW REALLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
If no one posts in the next couple of weeks, I'm taking it as a personal insult!
Come on, someone give me a New Year present and post on this thread! :)

Pitchwife 12-20-2010 01:04 PM

Please, G55, calm down and have a little patience! Of course I understand it's quite frustrating when you start a hopeful new thread and nobody responds, but there's such a lot of things going on in the Quiz and Mirth sections, and most of us don't have the leisure to check and post on all active or even recent threads regularly; besides, I suppose many of us will be busy buying last minute Christmas presents and such things.
I think your idea here has potential, and I'm sure it will get going once all the Christmas stress is over. I'm not that inspired at the moment, but I'll try to think of a 'New Year present' for you. Now have a nice cuppa tea, relax and give us all some time, please!:)

Mänwe 12-20-2010 01:36 PM

Let me try to apease her :p

Ferumbras's family fought ferociously for freedom and Farthing.

Letter: T

Galadriel55 12-20-2010 02:52 PM

Thag you very buch!!!!! :D

Tough Troll took Tom and tore Tom to tatters
Next letter: N

PS: I was joking about the "personal insult", Pitch! You took me too seriously! ;)

Mänwe 12-21-2010 04:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Galadriel55 (Post 645024)
Thag you very buch!!!!! :D

I hope you aren't coming down with a cold!

~~

The Noegyth-Niben settled Nulukhizidûn not Nulukkizdîn near the Narog.

Next letter: L

Galadriel55 12-21-2010 05:27 PM

Lindir and Lugdush lamented long for lockholes' loss of Lobelia
*what a loss (sarcastically)*
Next letter: R

I do indeed have a bit of a cold, but its not that bad! :)

Galadriel55 01-05-2011 07:45 PM

Anyone????? I was expecting a bit more enthusiasm...:p

Galadriel55 01-19-2011 06:25 AM

?????????????????????????????????????

?????????????????????????????????????
Anyone?

Pitchwife 01-19-2011 09:00 AM

Radagast and Rog recorded some raunchy Rock'n'roll on Radagast's ranch at Rhosgobel.

Back to L.

Galadriel55 01-19-2011 04:22 PM

Lazy little Legolas lost his laces in Lasgalen.

Why don't we try a vowel now - how about E!

Pitchwife 01-19-2011 04:53 PM

Your wish is my command:

Eeriness ensued when Ecthelion and Esgalmoth elected Elemmakil to be electrocuted.

Next: D

Galadriel55 01-19-2011 05:16 PM

Isn't this fun? :D

Drogo declared, "Don't do the Duckling Dance with Denethor!"

Next: M

Pitchwife 01-20-2011 08:40 AM

Meanwhile on Mount Mindolluin, Merry moped under a mallorn all Midsummer morning.

Next: G

Galadriel55 01-21-2011 04:12 PM

Great gargoyles! Grima gloated while gambling with goblins! :D

Next letter: P

Galadriel55 05-28-2011 05:28 PM

*This is my friend posting from my account, seeing as he's too lazy to make his own*

Poor, pathetic Pippin paid pennies at the Prancing Pony

Next letter:Z

Pitchwife 05-28-2011 05:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Galadriel55 (Post 655495)
*This is my friend posting from my account, seeing as he's too lazy to make his own*

The irresponsible sluggard! Pester him until he's registered!:)

Zamîn zapped Zimraphel off (ze zummit of) Zirakzigil.
Next: Q

Galadriel55 05-28-2011 06:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pitchwife (Post 655496)
The irresponsible sluggard! Pester him until he's registered!:)

I did, but then he couldn't decide on a nickname, and then he was afraid to put his email in (bah - he probably just forgot it!), and just took so long that I told him that it would be easier to use my account, especially since he's likely to disappear after one post.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pitchwife (Post 655496)
ze zummit

Is Coldan's lisp all over the fora now? ;)

Quendi questioned the quality of quadrilaterals in Quenya until quelqu'un (ie somebody) quenched the quarrels.

Next letter: C

Anonymous 05-28-2011 09:15 PM

I wish to uphold the fact that I am NOT an irresponsble sluggard, although I am quite lazy. Seems to me I'll be disappearing after thIs here post. Anyways…

A cackling Camellia-Sackville-Baggins crooned to Celeborn, crying crazily.

Next letter: X
If that's Impossible, Y will do.

Pitchwife 05-29-2011 07:17 AM

Yawning young Yrch yearned for yesteryear's Yule under yews.

Next: S

Quote:

Originally Posted by Galadriel55 (Post 655499)
and then he was afraid to put his email in

Doesn't have to, you know, and I wouldn't in his place (or yours). There's worse afoot in the wilds of the web than just spambots, and the Rangers are spread too thin. (Of course we all prefer to think of the Downs as The Shire, snug and safe, but you never know.)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Galadriel55 (Post 655499)
Is Coldan's lisp all over the fora now? ;)

Yes, but it's copyrighted. I get away with it, you don't (or my Estate will sue you).;)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Anonymous (Post 655506)
I wish to uphold the fact that I am NOT an irresponsble sluggard

Apologies then (but hey, it worked!). Let's see if we can't entice you to stay a little longer, though.

Galadriel55 05-29-2011 07:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Anonymous (Post 655506)
I wish to uphold the fact that I am NOT an irresponsble sluggard,

Good luck with that, D.... Anonymous. :Merisu:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pitchwife (Post 655518)
Doesn't have to, you know, and I wouldn't in his place (or yours). There's worse afoot in the wilds of the web than just spambots, and the Rangers are spread too thin. (Of course we all prefer to think of the Downs as The Shire, snug and safe, but you never know.)

I thought you needed it to activate your account. Before I could use mine I had to open my email and click some link, and then enter a code. :confused:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pitch
Let's see if we can't entice you to stay a little longer, though.

Bind him with chains! *laughs evilly* You don't have a choice, Anonymous, you're going to stay here! :D

Skulking Sam was soaked in Sirannon when skylarking with suspicious subjects, some of them being Smeagol and Saeros.

Next: M

Pitchwife 05-29-2011 01:48 PM

Maedhros and Maglor merrily munched mumak-steaks among the maundering Mewlips.

Next: C

Quote:

Originally Posted by Galadriel55 (Post 655521)
I thought you needed it to activate your account. Before I could use mine I had to open my email and click some link, and then enter a code. :confused:

Ah, that! Yes, that's right; I thought you meant putting it into his profile. Sorry for the confusion.

Galadriel55 05-29-2011 02:46 PM

Mumak steaks? That's interesting. :D

Celeborn carefully chose to cease Celebrimbor's (over)creativity, 'cause he was causing the corsairs to convey chaos to Cormallen.

Or, rather,

Coldan created confusion upon his coming to Comrare. :p

Next: P (again)

LadyBrooke 07-08-2011 11:27 PM

Paladin purloined perfect peaches by purchasing a palantir to peep with.

Next letter: T

Galadriel55 07-09-2011 07:43 AM

Treebead tarried with two tall trees, talking to them about Tar Telperien.

Next: A

Liangsho 08-26-2011 12:08 AM

I am not irresponsble lazy, although I am lazy. In my opinion, I will disappear after this here. Anyway ... a chuckle Camellia Sackville - Baggins crooned Celeborn, frantically crying...

Pitchwife 08-26-2011 09:54 AM

Aegnor ate all the apple-pies at Amrod and Amras's anniversary.

Next: I

Galadriel55 08-26-2011 10:18 AM

Ioreth irritated the infamous Isildur in Ithilien by incriminating his impatience.

Next: G

Finduilas 08-28-2011 08:26 PM

"Good Gracious!" growled Gandalf, "Gollum has gulped all my gum!"

Next: B

Galadriel55 09-25-2011 11:03 AM

Beleg built the biggest basement in Beleriand, but Bungo beat him with Bag-end.

Next: H

hubesiagosa67 10-16-2011 06:03 PM

Honest Hillary hit his head on the heater.

NEXT "L"

Galadriel55 10-23-2011 07:53 AM

Thank you for showing an interest, hubesiagosa67. May I just add a small note about your sentence - since this forum is all about Tolkien, all the quizzes have to be Tolkien-related. So the sentences have to be about Middle-Earth.

Though for now I'll assume that it was about JRRT's brother Hilary. :)

Living with ludicrously low loftiness, Landroval lifted lords and ladies to the Lonely-Mountain.

Next: S

Pervinca Took 07-06-2015 10:55 AM

Sly Sandyman survived, so Saruman seldom slew? ... scarcely ... sadistic, slaughtering slanderer!

Next: H

Pitchwife 07-30-2015 02:41 PM

"Hi-ho!" said Húor to Húrin, "let's hunt some hurrying hares with Huan the hound!"

Next: P

Galadriel55 07-30-2015 03:42 PM

Hi-ho indeed!

Great to see you back here! :D

"Pathetic!" piped Pippin, peeking at the progress of the Palantir-show.

Next: O

Pitchwife 08-01-2015 12:28 PM

Yeah thanks, slowly getting back into old habits....:) Speaking of which, when was the last Hurt and Heal?

Olórin and Oromë often observed obscure ongoings from Oiolossë.

Next, um, lemme see: F! Bonus points for not using any Noldorin princes.

Pervinca Took 08-01-2015 04:41 PM

In that case ...

Frerin fought fearsome flatulence; Fror fumigated, but Floi fainted and fell ... finis.

Next: T

Galadriel55 08-10-2015 04:29 PM

Thranduil, thoroughly ticked off, tolerated no thieving from the tiny trespasser.

Next: R

Guinevere 08-12-2015 01:55 PM

May I join the game?

Strange that I discover this thread only now!:eek: :)

"Roundish Rosie rather relishes roasted rabbit, Rivendell recipe.

Next: N