The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum (http://forum.barrowdowns.com/index.php)
-   The Barrow-Downs (http://forum.barrowdowns.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   YOU ARE CORDIALLY INVITED... (http://forum.barrowdowns.com/showthread.php?t=4606)

Mithadan 04-22-2003 07:05 PM

YOU ARE CORDIALLY INVITED...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO THE BARROW-DOWNS!

On May 1, 2003, the forums at the Barrow-Downs will reach the ripe old age of THREE! While the site itself is a bit older, the third anniversary of the opening of the forums is a cause to CELEBRATE!!!!! Therefore, we will have a PARTY in celebration of the third birthday (uh, death day?) of the Barrow-Downs forums and all members are invited!!!!!

This year’s party will include the presentation of the first Barrow-Downs Awards, known far and wide as the Downies. The celebration will begin with a red carpet entrance before guests enter the Grand Hall where the ceremonies will take place. Come in costume and in character assuming the proper flourishes and airs of the Barrow-Downs elite and don’t forget to strike a pose before the paparazzi; this may be your 15 minutes of fame. But remember, there may never again be so many Administrators, Moderators and Assistants assembled in one place at the same time again, so while the party will be fun and funny, don’t forget to maintain some slight sense of decorum.

PLACE: The Grand Hall of Minas Anor (the Gondor RPG forum in a thread to be opened there).

TIME: Thursday, May 1, 2003 beginning at 9:00am EDT until????

DRESS: Formal Middle Earth Wear.

There will be an open bar, and meals will served by our polite wait staff.

COME CELEBRATE THE ACHIEVEMENTS OF THE BARROW-WIGHT AND THE BARROW-DOWNS!

RSVP

Gorwingel 04-22-2003 07:21 PM

I would of course never miss a grand event such as this, so I will definitely be there [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Note: It kind of shocked me when I came on to the B-D's and I saw the same topic posted in every forum, I did not really know what do do or what was happening, but this is really cool [img]smilies/cool.gif[/img]

Eressië Ailin 04-22-2003 07:25 PM

Yes, when I first saw the same topic in every forum I thought something was wrong. But this is a good attention-grabber!

* I've already RSVPed. Wouldn't miss it for the world!

~eress

[ April 22, 2003: Message edited by: Eressië Ailin ]

alaklondewen 04-22-2003 07:25 PM

My Mama always told me I'd be a star.

I will be there in an Elven gown and a star upon my brow. What a wonderful time!

Beruthiel 04-22-2003 07:39 PM

Oh dear, I'd love to come but the time difference won't work [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img] [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img] [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img]
and I had the perfect dress and everything...
[img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img]

Lush 04-22-2003 07:44 PM

I will be on hand.

I will also try valiantly to remain as on hand as possible throughout playing world traveller this summer.

If anyone wants to send me money for internet cafes, they are welcome to do so at their earliest convenience.

Otherwise, I can hardly wait.

Durelin 04-22-2003 07:50 PM

Am I allowed to come? I just got in trouble with the 'law' and...????

mark12_30 04-22-2003 07:54 PM

"Thank you, I shall most certainly come."

(Mayday!Mayday!)

Ransom 04-22-2003 07:57 PM

I'll certainly be there. Of course that means I might actually have to finish my homework ahead of time, but worse things could happen. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Btw, what's EDT?

[ April 22, 2003: Message edited by: Ransom ]

Mithadan 04-22-2003 08:08 PM

Eastern Daylight Time. And for those concerned about time differences, last year's party lasted "several" weeks.

Ithaeliel 04-22-2003 09:01 PM

I will certainly be there! I remember the last one... oh, the nightmares I still have about it. This time I'll be a good girl; I promise! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

The Saucepan Man 04-22-2003 09:02 PM

Many thanks for the invitation. I will most certainly be there. I will even polish my saucepans and kettles for the occasion. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Oh, and can I bring my mirror-ball for the disco? [img]smilies/cool.gif[/img]

[ April 22, 2003: Message edited by: The Saucepan Man ]

Iarwain 04-22-2003 09:04 PM

Hm. I suppose I can make room in my schedule for the event. A little less singing with goldberry that evening. Will she be invited too? [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

Iarwain

Alatáriël Lossëhelin 04-22-2003 09:12 PM

"Thank you, I shall certainly come!"

Wow, my first B-D party. I'll have to go shopping for a new outfit first thing tomorrow. [img]smilies/cool.gif[/img] [img]smilies/cool.gif[/img]

Nuranar 04-22-2003 09:49 PM

Aw, nuts! Whose bright idea was it to open the forum early in May? The anniversary would be during finals every year! I ask you!

But finals or no, I will be there! After watching what happened last year, I wouldn't miss it for the world - or, at least, for calculus. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Mhoram 04-22-2003 10:07 PM

Dear, dear, the Barrow-Downs post-office will surely be snowed under. Voluntary assistant postmen will be needed, what with this constant stream of polite variations on
Thank you, I shall certainly come.

MLD-Grounds-Keeper-Willie 04-22-2003 10:43 PM

Quote:

I will even polish my saucepans and kettles for the occasion.
Oh thank God The Saucepan Man! I thought I'd be the only one not in Middle-earth attire! Now first I was thinking of wearing my kilt, but now I might just some in my regular overalls with my rake. And if The Saucepan Man gets to bring a disco ball, I get to bring my rake [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img] ! And Iarwain, you will be bringing your yellow boots, right? [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Gorwingel 04-22-2003 11:53 PM

Is this how we RSVP is by posting under one of these topics? (I just want to make sure I RSVP correctly because I really want to come to this event, even though I never would think anyone would keep me out [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img])

Amanaduial the archer 04-23-2003 08:02 AM

Hurray! The Birthday Party at The Fields of Cormallen was great, but this is three years- even better!!! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Yes, how do we RSVP?

Mithadan 04-23-2003 08:10 AM

Quote:

how do we RSVP?
You just did. LOL.

Actually, no formal RSVP is needed.

Ainaserkewen 04-23-2003 09:38 AM

My first anniversity party, sigh...
But like I said in my personnals colume, what will I where?

Helkahothion 04-23-2003 09:55 AM

I just noticed it today, is it not too late I hope?
________
Varadero

Sapphire_Flame 04-23-2003 10:41 AM

Thank you, I shall most certainly attend!

I will spend every spare minute at the Party! This will be wonderful! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

But, to repeat Ainaserkewen's question, what will I wear?

[ April 23, 2003: Message edited by: Sapphire_Flame ]

Mattius 04-23-2003 11:14 AM

Also, how long is it set to last??

Mithadan 04-23-2003 11:50 AM

Until it is done. We'll set a date for it to end, once we see how many people are interested in posting.

Maikadilwen 04-23-2003 11:52 AM

No need to RSVP?

Yay, party-crashing! What I do best. [img]smilies/evil.gif[/img] [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

I will try not to dance on the tables this time......

[ April 23, 2003: Message edited by: Maikadilwen ]

Diamond18 04-23-2003 12:05 PM

I comtemplated writing an impolite variation on "Thank you, I most certainly shall attend", but then my better judgement thwocked me over the head with a flambé trout, and I decided on a more orthodox répondez s'il vous plaît.

I'll wear the family jewels, and you can count the carats as the multifaceted sparkle blinds you. In short, look for me on the morning of the 3rd anniversary, I'll be wearing diamonds to this party!

Helkahothion 04-23-2003 12:22 PM

Oh goody, my first aneversary, I can't wait for the party. What do you think? Shall I wear a wizard cloack, just so I can make fun of Harry Potter? Or maybe, a dragon hide. That would be fun. Decisions, decisions.
________
Vaporizer Affiliates

Salix 04-23-2003 12:34 PM

Darn. Two things are happening on May the 1st for me. One is that I have school, two is, my grandfather is visiting, and I will probably only be able to hit the computers at lunch at school. Oh well. I shall do my best to attend.

kittiewhirl1677 04-23-2003 12:59 PM

Yeah, if this is to last several days, I'll be sure to attend cuz I'm litterally always on the computer.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY/ANNIVERSARY B-Ds IN ADVANCE!!!! HURRRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYY!

This'll be a LOT of fun! [img]smilies/evil.gif[/img] [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Aylwen Dreamsong 04-23-2003 02:01 PM

Thank you, I shall most certainly attend!

It's so hard to be original these days. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Aylwen

[ April 23, 2003: Message edited by: Aylwen Dreamsong ]

Carlas 04-23-2003 02:10 PM

I can be original:

I shall most certainly attend! Thank you!

OK, so Im half way there... [img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img]

Amanaduial the archer 04-23-2003 02:14 PM

Quote:

You just did. LOL.
Oook, well thankyou anyway!

Cuthalion 04-23-2003 02:47 PM

Thanks for the invite! Maikadilwen and I are certain to make a statement in our matching black leathers...hers will be far more revealing of course! [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img] And I understand you owe her a dance, Mithadan? Just don't get too cozy, ya here? [img]smilies/evil.gif[/img]

[ April 23, 2003: Message edited by: Cuthalion ]

Gandalf_theGrey 04-23-2003 04:00 PM

As it chances, the Barrow Downs Birthday Party is scheduled for precisely the right time! The Castle Maladil RPG that I was in charge of in Gondor being freshly ended, that tale will soon take its place in the fabled archives of Elvenhome. Meanwhile, I see the Party as a great place to meet new adventurers who might be interested in participating in any RPGs that I create in the future.

So of course I'll be there ... fireworks and all. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Looking forward to the Barrow Downs festivities ...
while fondly looking backward to a certain virtual July picnic in Hobbiton ...
along with even more nostalgic memories of real in-person "ME2" get-togethers of the members of the Middle Earth computer bbs in days of old (also known as the late 1980's),

Gandalf the Grey

Galadrie1 04-23-2003 04:19 PM

Ohhh boy, another birthday party here on the 'Downs... I can't believe it's been a year already since that last one! I'll probably attend, though RPing isn't my strong point (*cough cough* the last birthday party *cough cough*).

Ithaeliel 04-23-2003 04:35 PM

Are we permitted to possibly reminisce?

Galadrie1: Remember the constant spinning and sleeping? And the spiked Dr. Pepper? Oh, me... [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Last year's birthday party was my first ever RPG. Now I look at my posts in there and think, "Who was this fool? She couldn't write worth a hill of beans!" It's amazing what this place has done for my writing.

Eressië Ailin 04-23-2003 04:46 PM

Well, I wasn't at the BD B-day party last year, but I was looking over the thread last night. I think everyone has improved their writing skills (not exactly sure how to word that)! I was reading one of Piosenniel's posts and I remember thinking, 'Pio? Was that you? Did you really type that?! Naw... it couldn't be...'

*Varda* 04-23-2003 04:59 PM

Ah, yes, even the Valar will show up for the party this year. I will be well behaved, of course *ahem*

I was skimming over the party thread from last year too, and yes, there is hope for us all [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Carrûn 04-23-2003 05:48 PM

Awyrgan will be there, probably slightly intoxicated and grumpy as ever.