The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum (http://forum.barrowdowns.com/index.php)
-   Novices and Newcomers (http://forum.barrowdowns.com/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Look-a-likes (http://forum.barrowdowns.com/showthread.php?t=3127)

Finnguala 02-18-2003 07:23 AM

Look-a-likes

There's a guy at my school, Chris, who almost looks exactly like Elijah/Frodo. Same eyes, same hair... pretty scary. (he's a little guy, too, so that makes him look like a hobbit even more)

"Hi Fro... I mean, Chris!"

I was just wondering, does anyone else have friends or family who look like the LotR-cast? [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

(ooh, if I wrote anything wrong, yes I'm Dutch [img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img], please correct me)

LePetitChoux 02-18-2003 07:27 AM

Nope, nothing wrong.

It's just that the topic is a repeat one, but then again that other one wasn't answered on a lot, so maybe it is OK for you to keep this... [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

eleanor_niphredil 02-18-2003 07:38 AM

heck, you spell better than me, and I'm english! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Someone that I know looks exactly like Frodo too! And yes, he is small. It is kind of freaky when he looks at you and you see Frodo. funny, he knows nothing about LOTR, and is compleatly oblivious to the lookalikeness.

Finnguala 02-18-2003 09:59 AM

Quote:

It's just that the topic is a repeat one
Sorry about that.

I wasn't quite sure about the "does anyone else have friends or family who look like the LotR-cast?"
Anyway, thanks [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

So there are more Frodo's in the world! That means there is a bigger chance for me to marry one!! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] [img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img]

[ February 18, 2003: Message edited by: Finnguala ]

eleanor_niphredil 02-18-2003 09:59 AM

FRODO LIVES!

Merri 02-18-2003 10:00 AM

I met someone at camp who looks exactly like Elijah Wood as Frodo (he must be your Chris's long lost twin!).

This guy- Tony, has the mop of brown curly hair (and it's not even a wig!), Elijah Wood eyes, and big feet. He even moves like Elijah Wood . . . I mean, how much more hobbity can you get? Of course, he's not exactly 3"11, but still . . .

Finnguala 02-18-2003 10:02 AM

Lol, maybe it is Chris' twin brother, who knows... [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Tar-Palantir 02-18-2003 10:10 AM

Every time I see this one person, I swear to you I almost blurt out Bilbo every time! I have to choke it back, it's uncanny. The height, the face, the hair, the age (of bag-end Bilbo), even the voice!!! Twilight zone stuff.

I don't know him that well, so I haven't given him a ribbing about it, I just say "Have you seen LotR?" - He says, "yeah why?" but I just can't tell him (it might be insulting) and I just about burst from laughing and him not getting the joke.
[img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Finnguala 02-18-2003 10:23 AM

Doesn't he know he looks like Bilbo? I mean, you recognize your own picture when you see it. (At least I do [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]) Too bad you can't ask it...

Meela 02-18-2003 11:14 AM

i am a mixture of eowyn, eomer, theoden, theodred, gamling, boromir, faramir, grima, gollum, and legolas rolled into one

theres a guy at the local cinema who is basically Gimli in his day job, and treebeard lives in our back garden

Merri 02-18-2003 01:19 PM

Meela- Treebeard lives in your garden? Can I come and visit? PLEASE? [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

There's another guy at my school I forgot to mention. He looks just like Sam . . . er, Sean Astin as Sam, except that he's Asian.

Meela 02-18-2003 03:33 PM

sure, come along [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img] theres probably a whole load of ents down there! probably where the entwives got to

Ithaeliel 02-18-2003 05:21 PM

Hmm, the lead singer from The Strokes looks a lot like Elijah Wood, I think... and it's really ironic that Elijah is a fan of the band.

Rynoah, the Overly-Happy 02-18-2003 07:50 PM

I do, actually. My brother-in-law's brother (I guess that'd be my brother-in-law still, but to avoid confusion...) reminds me of Sean Bean and Dominic Monahgan at the same time. It's scary.

Faye Took 02-18-2003 10:15 PM

Well my boyfriend looks like Dominic and Elijah mixed. He has the bright blue eyes that Elijah and Dom have, he has the ears that stick out, and the hair! He's a surfer too! Him and Dom have a lot in common! It's quiet amusing! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

Raefindel 02-18-2003 11:36 PM

I have a family member who looks like Bilbo.

Rochelle 02-19-2003 12:03 AM

Unfortunately I know of no one who looks like anyone from LotR. However, if you're related to a Legolas, Boromir, Aragorn or Elijah lookalike gimme' a holler! *hehe*

doug*platypus 02-19-2003 05:35 AM

A mate of mine has (no lies) been mistaken for Peter Jackson in Wellington several times before.

eleanor_niphredil 02-19-2003 06:27 AM

I really hope that this mate of yours in not female! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

A man that my dad knows looks like the cartoon version of Bilbo! Seriously, his feet are like a ducks, and hairy!

Manardariel 02-19-2003 06:40 AM

This 7th grader at my school lookes a LOT like Miranda Otto, when she stares. That is soooo scary, especially as she always has those eyes... [img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img]
And then thereīs this person in a shapoo-add that always SERIOUSLY reminds me of Orlando- no kidding. Thatīs even scarier, sice that personīs a GIRL! [img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img]

Merri 02-19-2003 07:43 AM

Faye, does your boyfriend have any brothers? [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

The Saucepan Man 02-19-2003 08:03 AM

There's a guy works down the chip shop swears he's Elvish ...

[img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Amanruthiel 02-19-2003 08:38 AM

My best friend looks like Eowyn, and funnily enough her husband looks like Aragorn - no kidding. He works as a Robin Hood in Nottingham, and due to his outfit for work (very rangerish due to playing Robin Hood) he is often being called Strider and Aragorn by visitors from abroad.

My friend has the picture of Eowyn and Aragorn on her computer desktop and a colleague said she was really vain having a picture of her and her husband!

A xx [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Finnguala 02-19-2003 09:42 AM

Cool! (Poor Arwen :P)

eleanor_niphredil 02-20-2003 06:06 AM

Someone in my school looks a little like Figwit! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Finnguala 02-20-2003 09:38 AM

Figwit?? [img]smilies/confused.gif[/img] [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img]

eleanor_niphredil 02-20-2003 02:41 PM

This is Figwit
http://www.figwitlives.net/

He is one of the elves at the Council of Elrond. It stands for "Frodo is grea...Who Is THAT!"

Faye Took 02-20-2003 07:13 PM

Well yes Merri, he actually does. But he's only about 10 months old. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

Finnguala 02-21-2003 11:00 AM

LOL!! That Figwit thingy is FUNNY!!! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Peri 02-21-2003 11:16 AM

LOL! Well, I have a friend who wants to be Legolas. And he could too. He has blonde hair, he's very tall and thin, and has an attractive face. Now he has everyone at school calling him The Prince of Mirkwood. [img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img]

eleanor_niphredil 02-21-2003 01:42 PM

The Prince of Mirkwood would get a good long "huh?" From everyone I know. [img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img]

Finnguala 02-22-2003 05:59 AM

Hehe, in his dreams I suppose. [img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img]

eleanor_niphredil 02-22-2003 06:01 AM

In OUR dreams!

Firondoiel 02-22-2003 01:54 PM

My sister has seen a guy at college who looks a whole lot like Elijah Wood. He works in the music library on campus and when ever I visit my sister we go looking for him but he's NEVER there!!!! [img]smilies/mad.gif[/img] My sister's roommate has seen him and agrees that he looks a whole lot like our beloved Elijah. There are also two guys at my sister's college that look like Merry and Pippin from the back. They do! I've seen them. Their hair color and styles are just like Merry and Pippin's!! They're always with each other too just like our dear hobbits!