The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum (http://forum.barrowdowns.com/index.php)
-   Middle-earth Mirth (http://forum.barrowdowns.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   WW XCVI - Admin thread (http://forum.barrowdowns.com/showthread.php?t=17965)

Kitanna 05-23-2012 06:47 PM

WW XCVI - Admin thread

White wolves invade Eriador from the North. One village stands against the invaders.

~*~*~

Three wolves: Conspire and harass and kill every night.

One seer: Dreams of a fellow player every night.

One ranger: Protects a fellow player every night. They may self-protect, but cannot protect the same person two nights in a row.

One cobbler: Now I'd like to try something different ('cause I like to do that with the cobbler) and that is the cobbler has the chance to blind the seer or incapacitate the ranger. Each night the cobbler picks another player. If it's an ordo or a wolf, nothing happens. If the cobbler hits the seer or ranger they are useless for the night. However, the cobbler cannot pick the same person twice. I.E. if the cobbler blinds the seer he/she can't target the seer again the rest of the game. When dreamt of the cobbler is revealed as an ordo. I'd like to give this a whirl, but if no one is interested I'm happy to keep the traditional cobbler role.

Otherwise this'll be a standard game.

No retractable votes.

Votes will only be counted in the following format

++Kitanna

I'll leave it up to you guys if anyone wants to have double lynchings for tied votes.

Deadline will either be at 7 am -6GMT or 8pm -6GMT. Whatever works best for everyone.

Players
Shasta - Village chandler
Menel - Traveling salesman
Glirdan - Traveling thespian
G55 - Little Red Riding Hood
Nerwen - Maid at Inzil's
Legate - Local Bard
Pitchwife - Village Shopkeep
Nogrod - Retired Barkeep
Lommy -
Inzil - Village barkeep
Aganzir - Herbalist
Sally - Town Bicycle
Kath - Woodsmith with the gammy leg

Shastanis Althreduin 05-23-2012 06:55 PM

I'm in! :D

Meneltarmacil 05-23-2012 07:27 PM

I like your idea for the cobbler. And I'll join as a traveling salesman of various things.

Galadriel55 05-23-2012 08:29 PM

Hmm... does the cobbler get this in addition to the usual "distraction" role? (as in, does the cobbler still try to help the wolves even by sacrificing himself, if worst comes to worst, or is his priority his own survival?) I think the modified role is an interesting idea, whichever way it works. We likes it very much.

And I'm likely to be in... no, scratch that. I'm in whatever. I just hope you don't start until at least next week.

Nerwen 05-23-2012 08:57 PM

I'm in, of course. As if I'd miss two games in a row.

Glirdan 05-23-2012 09:27 PM

ARE WE DOING A BACK TO THE BASICS GAME WITH ROLES!?!? :D

Either way, I'm in (and if we are doing roles, I shall be a traveling thespian who can't remember his lines)

Meneltarmacil 05-24-2012 12:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Glirdan (Post 670154)
ARE WE DOING A BACK TO THE BASICS GAME WITH ROLES!?!? :D

Either way, I'm in (and if we are doing roles, I shall be a traveling thespian who can't remember his lines)

I've been away for so long that I wasn't aware we had stopped using roles. I'd still prefer to keep them though.

Nerwen 05-24-2012 03:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Meneltarmacil (Post 670160)
I've been away for so long that I wasn't aware we had stopped using roles.

We haven't, actually.

Kitanna 05-24-2012 09:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Galadriel55 (Post 670149)
Hmm... does the cobbler get this in addition to the usual "distraction" role?

Yes and he/she has the chance to help the wolves a little more by stopping the gifteds from using their abilities.

And I encourage village roles. Then If I'm stuck on a death I can use that to help the narration.

Galadriel55 05-25-2012 05:25 AM

I'll be the Little Red Riding Hood, coming to the village to see my grandmother. How appropriate that there's a wolf in that story too! Hey, she can be the first victim! :D

Legate of Amon Lanc 05-25-2012 07:28 AM

Okay, I cannot yet 100% confirm my participation, but I would like to play again, and it seems there are some long-lost people present in this game :) I shall at least follow this thread for the time being.

A few questions which I believe would be helpful to clarify in any case:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kitanna (Post 670142)
One ranger: Protects a fellow player every night.

Can the Ranger protect two people in a row? Can it also protect itself?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kitanna (Post 670142)
However, the cobbler cannot pick the same person twice. I.E. if the cobbler blinds the seer he/she can't target the seer again the rest of the day.

You mean for the rest of the game, I presume?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Galadriel55 (Post 670183)
I'll be the Little Red Riding Hood, coming to the village to see my grandmother. How appropriate that there's a wolf in that story too! Hey, she can be the first victim! :D

Are you volunteering for being butchered early on? ;)

Meneltarmacil 05-25-2012 11:01 AM

When the Cobbler blinds the Seer or stops the Ranger, does he/she get to know that person's role?

Kitanna 05-25-2012 12:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Legate of Amon Lanc (Post 670191)

Can the Ranger protect two people in a row? Can it also protect itself?

Yes to self protect, no to double protect

Quote:

You mean for the rest of the game, I presume?
Yes and I apparently need to learn that I must edit my posts before putting them up :rolleyes:

Quote:

When the Cobbler blinds the Seer or stops the Ranger, does he/she get to know that person's role?
No. I'll let her/him know they've made a hit though.

Pitchwife 05-25-2012 02:51 PM

I'm in. It feels like ages since the last game.

Galadriel55 05-25-2012 02:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Legate of Amon Lanc (Post 670191)
Are you volunteering for being butchered early on? ;)

Only if a gallant hunter will volunteer to rescue me from whoever's tummy I get to sit in. Pity there's no hunter in this game. :p:D

Legate of Amon Lanc 05-26-2012 03:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Galadriel55 (Post 670204)
Only if a gallant hunter will volunteer to rescue me from whoever's tummy I get to sit in. Pity there's no hunter in this game. :p:D

Exactly that might be the one minor flaw in otherwise a pretty good plan! :)

Nogrod 05-26-2012 05:02 PM

Menel! Long time no see... Nice to see you again.

Okay. If this starts within a week I have no chance to take part as it is the last week at school and everything is just plain hectic. But if this starts on early June (one week + from now), then I'm gladly in for an old skool game.

Haha, an occupation just out of thin air with no requirements or specifications! (makes me feel nostalgic)

Nogrod 05-27-2012 11:45 AM

Lommy asked me to pass a similar kind of notice here I did.

So if this doesn't start within a week, she'll be in.

Kitanna 05-27-2012 06:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nogrod (Post 670235)
Okay. If this starts within a week I have no chance to take part as it is the last week at school and everything is just plain hectic. But if this starts on early June (one week + from now), then I'm gladly in for an old skool game.

I don't see this being a problem. It'll probably take that long to get a decent number of players.

Pomegranate 05-28-2012 08:14 PM

I should make it to this one, I'll have long work days but what's a better rewinding activity than playing some werewolf :)

And I'll run a cafe, the place where everything is discussed and the gossips spread.

Kitanna 06-03-2012 04:53 PM

I'm going to send out some PMs to see if anyone else might be interested in playing. With two or three more players we could be ready to start before too much longer.

Inziladun 06-05-2012 05:21 PM

Ok, count me in as the village barkeep.

Boromir88 06-06-2012 03:19 AM

I believe I will have time to sneak 1 game in, so sign me up Kit. I'll be the village wild game wrangler. :p

I also like the idea for the cobbler. Will the cobbler (a/o village) know if the seer or ranger were prevented from their gift for one night?

Kitanna 06-06-2012 05:56 AM

Hooray, Boro and Inzil have joined.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Boromir88 (Post 670521)
I also like the idea for the cobbler. Will the cobbler (a/o village) know if the seer or ranger were prevented from their gift for one night?

The cobbler will be told they've prevented a gifted, but not the gifted's role.

We have enough people to start, provided the three unsure people are still available to play.

When is everyone available to start playing? If we start the game before Saturday the DL with need to be 7am -6GMT, but if we start Sunday or later the DL can be 7 am -6GMT or 8pm -6GMT, which every is most convenient.

Pomegranate 06-06-2012 08:05 AM

i hate to do this now, but i think i might have to pull out now after all. I have a friend coming over next week and i won't be able to concentrate, and i'd be completely unavailable for the weekend, so since i don't have a tendency to die early in the game and don't want to try to deliberately do it either, i might have to leave you. I think i hoped we'd start earlier. Sorry!

Nogrod 06-06-2012 08:32 AM

Sad to hear that Pom, but if this isn't starting before the weekend, I might try to ask Greenie as she comes home from her camp on Sunday (and I think that being on the camp was her main reason for not joining in).

Legate of Amon Lanc 06-06-2012 10:55 AM

I think you can count me as playing, even though I might not be 100% as commited as I usually am because my exam term is going on at the same time. But if you are okay with slightly less commited and less posting Legate... this way at least I make sure my procrastination time is contained into some specific boundaries :)

EDIT: Oh, and occupation. Make me a local bard, for example.

Aganzir 06-07-2012 08:34 AM

Did somebody say werewolf?

I'll be the herbalist.

(I like the cobbler and prefer the 7 AM deadline.)

Glirdan 06-07-2012 10:22 AM

Alright, just letting you all know now that from this point on I do have a little more spare time as I'm on three week vacations. But don't be surprised if there is a lengthy time before you hear anything from me as my show that I have been rehearsing for for the past five months opens tonight!!!! :D So, I will still play, just won't be around as often as I'd like.

Shastanis Althreduin 06-07-2012 02:28 PM

I suppose, for my role, I'll be the village chandler. :)

Kitanna 06-07-2012 06:10 PM

I'm sorry to see you go, Pom.

I'm willing to wait until Sunday to see if Greenie wants to play. Or if everyone is ready and anxious to go we can get started Saturday morning.

Nogrod 06-07-2012 06:52 PM

I'll be a retired barkeeper (hah Inzil, you got someone breathing over your shoulder telling you whether you do things right or wrong... :rolleyes:).

I'll try to find out with Greenie tomorrow to see if she wants to play.

satansaloser2005 06-07-2012 07:12 PM

If we have the utmost understanding that I'm going to be horribly busy and will very rarely post (anything longer than a few sentences, anyway), I'm in.

I shall be the town bicycle. What? Why the faces? I'm a delivery girl! :smokin:

satansaloser2005 06-07-2012 07:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shastanis Althreduin (Post 670580)
I suppose, for my role, I'll be the village chandler. :)

I absolutely read that as "village chandelier." :rolleyes:

Inziladun 06-07-2012 08:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nogrod (Post 670589)
I'll be a retired barkeeper (hah Inzil, you got someone breathing over your shoulder telling you whether you do things right or wrong... :rolleyes:).

Perhaps I once worked for you, but you had to retire after an unfortunate accident in which you put our strongest stuff into the oil lamp by mistake, and lit it. :p

Meneltarmacil 06-07-2012 08:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Boromir88 (Post 670521)
I believe I will have time to sneak 1 game in, so sign me up Kit. I'll be the village wild game wrangler. :p

I'll just get to writing my last will and testament then.

Boromir88 06-07-2012 09:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Meneltarmacil (Post 670593)
I'll just get to writing my last will and testament then.

But you've only just returned! I will draw your attention to the Birthday thread, and a post from way back in 2009 :p

http://forum.barrowdowns.com/showpos...postcount=1451

Legate of Amon Lanc 06-08-2012 01:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by satansaloser2005 (Post 670591)
I absolutely read that as "village chandelier." :rolleyes:

That's because you are a bicycle.

Pitchwife 06-08-2012 11:28 AM

Oh yes, occupations. I'll be the village shopkeeper; "Some call it rubbish, to me it's treasure" - that kinda guy. And I'm OK with any DL that's later than 8pmGMT.

Nogrod 06-08-2012 12:57 PM

Greenie will not be playing. She has work every day next week and she'll be moving in the end of the week... So understandably too busy to play.