The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum (http://forum.barrowdowns.com/index.php)
-   Middle-earth Mirth (http://forum.barrowdowns.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Mixed up movies game (http://forum.barrowdowns.com/showthread.php?t=5125)

Elennar Starfire 05-17-2003 05:39 PM

Mixed up movies game

In this game you take the sound from one movie and the picture from another and mix them up.

example:
scene-doors of moria
Gandalf:*puts staff against door* Wingardium leviosa! Wingardium leviosa!

have fun!!

Lindril Arvilya 05-17-2003 08:30 PM

Gandalf (funny how we seem to like doing these about him) is gathering his things and hurrying out of Bag End, Frodo following, asking questions and being generally somewhat panicky. Gandalf turns back to Frodo as he reaches the door, forces a smile, pats Frodo on the shoulder, and tells him, "May the Force be with you."

ElenCala Isil 05-17-2003 08:50 PM

ok, I'll give it a go.

Aragorn asks Legolas what he can see with his elven eyes, Legolas walks forward, out stretching his arms..(in that king of the world type pose) suddenly "My heart will go on" starts playing

[ May 17, 2003: Message edited by: ElenCala Isil ]

Himaran 05-17-2003 09:04 PM

In bag end, when frodo returns from his night at the Green Dragon, Gandalf grabs frodo and turns him around. "Surprised to see me, mr. Anderson?"

Tinuviel the Nightingale 05-18-2003 04:28 AM

Where Gandalf and Saruman are having a staff fight in FOTR, Gandlaf suddenly screams out "Riktusempra!"

In TTT where Eowyn and Aragorn are sword-fighting you can just picture the nyaowng, nyaowng sounds of light sabres.

Also after that afore-mentioned segment where Aragorn asks "What do you fear" or something, Eowyn replies with, "Bunnies!"
Note: This is technically from Buffy the Vampire Slayer, so it's actually a TV reference but, oh well.

I'm having a good day!

Meela 05-18-2003 05:19 AM

Gimli runs into the chamber in Moria and stares at Balin's tomb.

Gimli: Indy! We've found it! We've found the Ark!

Elennar Starfire 05-18-2003 09:50 AM

The balrog is standing at the bridge, looking all firey.
"Luke, I am your father!"

Anything but Arwen 05-18-2003 12:32 PM

Ellanar, did you see that on theOneRing.net?
*cackles*

Y'know, I am ALWAYS thinking of these, but I cant remember one! Let me think **thinks for 3 hours**

Dammit! I cant think of one! Ummmm.... Well, theonly bit I can tink of is Arwen riding along, kicking *** etc etc and I was suddenly reminded of Princess Fiona doing the Matrix thing in Shrek...

Or I could just need my medication...

Rynoah, the Overly-Happy 05-18-2003 12:46 PM

I need LESS medication. *looks watery-eyed and slack-jawed at the screen for a few hours. Drool runs down her chin*

Moria. The orcs are about to break into Balin's Tomb. Aragorn and Legolas nock their arrows and Boromir pulls out his sword and shield. He turns to Aragorn.

Boromir: "Aragorn? For England."

(*dodges flying tomatoes* Sorry, sorry, sorry. I'll do a better one. Eesh....)

Meela 05-18-2003 01:22 PM

NO! That was brilliant!! And I can well imagine it [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Shy Hobbit 05-18-2003 05:41 PM

I have one for the doors of Moria too.

*doors open, Gandalf turns to the Fellowship*

"Welcome to the Rock!"

That one came to me as I was imagining what it would be like if Connery had accepted the part of Gandalf, I'd always be expecting him to pop out that line [img]smilies/evil.gif[/img] [img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img]

Arawethiel 05-18-2003 06:11 PM

*Giggles* These are quite amusing!! Here's one I thought up though it's not as good as all of yours.

The Fellowship is in Balin's tomb with the cave troll. All of a sudden Gandalf lifts his arms and rips all of the weapons out of everyone's hands including the orcs and sends it flying at the troll. The troll dies and falls to the ground buried beneath all the weapons. The Fellowship turn and stare at Gandalf with bewildered looks. He looks at them all and says "What, didn't you all know I'm the master of magnetism?"

I just watched X-Men again the other day and couldn't resist. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] I snickered all the time because I kept picturing Magneto with a beard and wizard's hat.

polices 05-18-2003 06:20 PM

In don't think this is very good but its worth a shot...

Boromir gets shot by Lurtz and falls over aragorn charges in and kills Lurtz Aragorn slowlyb walks over to Boromer who says" Anikane, I am your father," Aragorn gets up with a puzzeled look on his face. [img]smilies/confused.gif[/img]

Rynoah, the Overly-Happy 05-18-2003 08:53 PM

Quote:

I have one for the doors of Moria too.
*doors open, Gandalf turns to the Fellowship*

"Welcome to the Rock!"
*snort choke giggle die* [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Another X-Men one, just because I can:

Legolas, Aragorn and Gimli all whirl on a not-yet-revealed Gandalf. He quickly disarms them all.

Aragorn: Who are you? Show yourself!

Gandalf: Why do you ask questions to which you already know the answer?

Tinuviel the Nightingale 05-19-2003 05:27 AM

At the end of the battle of Helm's Deep where Gandalf and Eomer are about to descend down the slope, Gandalf rears on Shadowfax and hollers, "Hi-ho Silver!" before a galloping down.

Anything but Arwen 05-19-2003 06:31 AM

lol Tinuviel!! I saw that too!!! And its not exactly from another film, but I could just see Shadowfax kicking up his heels straight after...

purplefluffychainsaw 05-19-2003 06:39 AM

Every ones missed out the obvious one!!!

IN THE MINES OF MORIA

Fellowship are walking in a row

Gimli: Hi ho, hi ho it's of to work we go!

Fellowship: **Blank looks at Gimli**

Gimli: What!? It's in the blood

the guy who be short 05-19-2003 07:03 AM

damn you, purplefluffychainsaw! i was just gonna post that! ah well, great minds think alike.

Elennar Starfire 05-19-2003 04:09 PM

Another Moria one:

Tentacles come flying out of the water and grab Frodo.
"Just relax! If you don't, it will only kill you faster!"

I have seen Harry Potter more times than is good for me... [img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img]

Lindril Arvilya 05-19-2003 08:28 PM

I don't remember the exact line, but I believe that Eomer says something at some point (maybe just in the book) about Galadriel being a witch.
Gimli: How you you know she is a witch?
Eomer: She turned me into a newt!
(I know it's abridged... didn't have time to write out the full scene...)

Tymezennith 05-19-2003 09:38 PM

In which Legolas shows the Hobbits Lembas:
Legolas: Pretend it's a seed, okay
Pippin: It's a rock!

In which the recently increased group hides from black riders underneath some tree roots:
Frodo: I'm just a little black rain cloud, hovering under the honey tree... [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Arawethiel 05-22-2003 07:27 PM

I can't believe someone hasn't done a Matrix one yet so I guess I'll be the first.

Frodo wakes up in the bed at Rivendell and sees Elrond wearing a pair of shades.

"Ah, Mr. Baggins I've been waiting a long time to make your aquaintence. You may call me Agent Elrond. Now it comes to my attention that you have a certain ring in your possession that my superiors would like back."

"I'll never give you the ring!" Frodo shouts at him.

"Oh really?" Agent Elrond smirks and produces a 5 inch thick pile of manuscripts describing Frodo's digressions in the Shire complete with drawn pictures.

"As you can see, I've been keeping an eye on you. Now we can wipe this slate clean. Give you a fresh start so to speak if you give me the ring."

Before Frodo can make a response the door to the chamber is kicked off it's hinges and Sam walks in completely dressed in black leather and black sunglasses.

"Samwise Gamgee." Agent Elrond says with disgust evident in his voice.

"Agent Elrond." Sam replies in the same tone. "Merry, Pip get the Ringbearer out of here. I'll handle Elrond."

Merry and Pippin rush in behind him garbed in black leather regalia and shades as well. They haul Frodo out of the bed while Agent Elrond and Sam start to duke it out.

Sam goes to punch Elrond in the face, but discovers he isn't tall enough so kicks him in the shin instead. Agent Elrond loses his balance not so much from the blow, but from getting tangled in his dress like robes and ends up falling to the ground. Taking advantage of Agent Elrond's tumble, Sam runs out of the room to catch up with Merry, Pip, and Frodo.

Agent Elrond scowls as he picks himself up off the ground and straightens his crooked sunglasses."They're not out yet." He grumbles and stalks out of the room.

Ok, that ended up a little different than I intended, but I kept having images of hobbits in leather and dark sunglasses [img]smilies/cool.gif[/img] and had to write something for it. I hope it brought you guys some amusement. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Meela 05-23-2003 07:54 AM

Totally! I love the image of Agent Smith in robes! *giggles*

Nimrothiel 06-11-2003 01:27 PM

When Aragorn, Legolas, and Gimli are searching for Merry and Pippin:

Aragorn: "They were here, there are footprints leading in that direction..."

*Legolas finds the elven brooch*

Legolas: "Look Aragorn, Hobbits!"

The fight scene between Gandalf and Saruman could turn into the fight scene from Monty Python: Search for the Holy Grail:

*Gandalf blasts off one of Saruman's arms*

Saruman: "Ha! 'Tis only a flesh wound, have at you sir!"

*Gandalf promptly blasts off Saruman's other arm*

Saruman: "I can still kick you!"

*Gandalf then blasts off one of Saruman's legs*

Saruman: "While I can still stand, I will fight you!"

*Gandalf blasts off Saruman's remaining limb*

Saruman: "I can still bite you! Hey, wait, come back here and fight!"

*Gandalf, having tired of this pointless fight, turns and walks away, leaving "Torso Man" to his own devices*

Alternative ending: Gandalf turns around and blows Saruman's head off.
[img]smilies/evil.gif[/img]

Tinuviel of Denton 06-14-2003 03:02 PM

Quote:

great minds think alike.
Well, they also say birds of a feather flock together. So what are you, a couple of great minds or a couple of featherbrains?

Anyway...

For those of you who don't know, Elijah Wood played Huck Finn in the movie The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn. So...

Somewhere in the movie, Frodo drops his all-too-fake British accent and begins to talk in a Missouri boy dialect. Maybe the scene where the hobbits and Strider are in the woods. Frodo could explain about how kings, etc, are always less-than-respectable, like Huck did for Jim.

Arawethiel 06-18-2003 11:48 PM

This scene comes from Red Skeleton who was comedian and a very funny one at that. In his joke the birds were two seagulls looking down on a ship but I adapted to LOTR. Hope you find it as amusing as me. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Legolas: Crebain from Dunland!

All of the Fellowship stops and stares at the approaching birds. Two of these happened to be called Gertrude and Heathcliff.

Heathcliff: Look down there is the Fellowship of Fools!

Gertrude: Why are they the Fellowhip of Fools?

Heathcliff: They're looking up.

Everdawn 06-19-2003 01:25 AM

Quote:

Boromir: "Aragorn? For England."
Good call!

Merry, in Rivendell... :hey Pip, i snuck a beer in!" *taking one from under his shirt*
Pippin: So did I! *pulls one out of a tree.
Merry: classic!
*both see Beers chilled in a waterfall**
BOTH: CLASSIC!
***ok only aussies will get that one... Its from Comedy Inc.

Elrond and Gandalf, when Elrond is recounting his encounter with Isiuldor...
"Shall we begin like david copperfiled? I am born, I grew up?, or shall we start with his birth into darkness, as i call it. Thats really where we should start. Dont you think?"

---Interview with the Vampire.

Meela 06-19-2003 02:26 PM

*giggles* Ian McKellan featured in a recent-ish TV version of David Copperfield...

arianrod 06-19-2003 10:42 PM

I just can't wait for the day when one of the hobbits (Pippin most likely) will walk up to the bar and ask for...
"A martini. Shaken, not stirred."
Or would that be more of a Ranger drink?

In Rivendell, all nine members of the fellowship dancing around on tables and singing:
"We're the Fellowship of the Ring of Power, we're off to the Dark Tower.
We do routines, and border scenes, and footwork imp-e-cable;
We dine well here in Rivendell, we eat cream and cocoa and caramel!"

ok, so the rhyming sucked, but oh well...

steve 06-19-2003 11:47 PM

The fellowship is gathered at Rivendel at the end of The Council of Elrond

Elrond: You are the fellowship of the ring, now go and let the force be with you

Bridge of Kazad-Dum (gandalf and Durin's bane)

Gandalf: You shall not pass

Durin's Bane: *waves his hand* you will let us pass, I am not who you think I am

Battle of Helms Deep

Boromir: oh great, they have a cave troll

Battle of Pelennor Fields, The Witch King is standing up to gandalf and says the speach about death looking gandalf in the face (and so on)

Gandalf: well... You can take my life, but you will never take My Freedom!!!

In the Prancing Pony

Aragorn: are you scared
frodo: yes
aragorn: not scared enough, I know what hunts you... They are the killer tomatoes, flesh eating vegtables

Moria after the battle with the watcher

Gandalf: we now enter the long dark of moria
*The tooth fairy (darkness falls (dumbest movie ever)) flies down and grabs boromir and flies off with him*
*aragorn goes chasing after him*
Aragorn (yelling): Hes not suposto die yet

[ June 20, 2003: hahahaha Message edited HAHAHAHA by: LOOK WAHT I CAN DO steve I CAN EDIT THE EDIT MESSAGE ]

[ June 20, 2003: Message edited by: steve ]

Bridge of Kazad-dum (again)

The balrog rears up and egnights in flame and roars loudly

Gandalf: dont move, it cant see you if you dont move

At Bilbo's birthday party
Sam: If someone told you my life was all smoking pipes, going to birthday parties, and eating second breakfasts... well, someone lied

Sam [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img]show rosie dancing with somene next to her) id love to tell you thats me... (move to the fat proudfoot) Heck, id even settle for him

Gimli: Gimli Mad, Gimli Smash
Gimli: HiHo HiHo Its off Orc Slaying I go

Every Edit is a new addition to it

Gandalf right before he runs off from Bag End to Minas Tirith

Gandalf: Ill be Back

Daewen 06-20-2003 07:56 AM

Sam to Frodo in the boat: Oh Harry I was so worried about you!

Saruman to Gandalf: You cannot beat Mordor, Gandalf. One two he's coming for you, three four, better lock the door, five six and get a crucifix...

Elennar Starfire 07-06-2003 11:54 AM

Sam runs after Frodo into the water and sinks.

Sam: Just keep swimming, just keep swimming...

dancing spawn of ungoliant 07-06-2003 12:59 PM

at the inn of the prouncing pony...

Innkeeper: good evening, little masters.If you're seeking accommodation, we've got some nice cozy, Hobbit-sized rooms available...Mr...er...
Frodo: my name is Bond. James Bond.

well, i'll try harder next time [img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img]

Everdawn 07-07-2003 01:16 AM

In the forest, when Aragorn and Gimli and Legolas are about to find Gandalf.

Aragorn: Who are you?
Gandalf** stepping from the shaddows: I am father of a murdered son, husband of a murdered wife, and i will have my vengance. In this life or the next.
Aragorn:???

TealDude4 07-09-2003 06:13 PM

The scene in the extended version where Aragorn is standing next to his mothers grave.

Elrond: Your mother brought you here to protect you.
Aragorn: Yeah. Momma always said, "Life is like a box a choc-o-lates."

I'm sorry, I just couldn't pass that one up. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
Gandalf is holding on to the bridge of Khazad-dum and is about to fall.

Gandalf: I'll be back."

Lets go.
Ok, this one is a reference to my favorite TV show. If you've seen it, you'll know what it is.

Frodo: The following takes place between 10:00PM and 11:00PM on the day of Uncle Bilbo's Birthday Party. The events occur in real time.

Lëowen 07-09-2003 07:22 PM

*when the Fellowship is getting the boats at Lothlorien*

Galadriel:...These Elvish boats will never sink. (or something like that)

Gimli: So you mean they float in water?

Galadriel:Um...yes...

Gimli: What elsefloats in water?

Pippin: Um...very small rocks!

Merry: Churches! Churches!

Sam: Lead!

Frodo: Apples?

Aragorn: A duck!

It's from Monty Python and the Holy Grail, but it's a bit shortened...oh well...

Kates Frodo Temp 07-09-2003 08:46 PM

Gandalf, to Saruman:

"Before this war is over I'm going to kill you."

Okay, that was lame. I'm watching The Patriot right now, and just had to use that line somewhere.

Elennar Starfire 07-09-2003 09:06 PM

When gandalf comes back in TTT

Aragorn: We thought you were dead!

Gandalf: Well you forgot one thing: I'm captain Jack Sparrow...

I just saw Pirates of the Caribbean and I think it's a great movie.
That's not the exact line but I can't remember exactly how it goes.

Brinniel 07-09-2003 09:24 PM

A Nazgul says to Frodo: I like your ring...

That'd be from Terminator 3, which I just saw yesterday. It's an excellent movie (one the best summer movies I've seen) and TX is an awesome baddie. [img]smilies/evil.gif[/img]

merenwen 07-09-2003 09:35 PM

Elennar, you've seen Pirates of the Carribean? *has a fit of jealousy* [img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img] sorry...
neways!

At the meeting in Rivendell:
Elrond:You shall be the Fellowship of the Ring
Aragorn:Asecret mission, in uncharted space, Let's Go!