The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum (http://forum.barrowdowns.com/index.php)
-   Elvenhome (http://forum.barrowdowns.com/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   Golden Perch Discussion Thread (http://forum.barrowdowns.com/showthread.php?t=12878)

ElentariGreenleaf 04-28-2007 10:42 AM

Hey guys, sorry to do this but I probably won't be able to post for a while. My laptop died on my last night and I'm morning the loss of 6months worth of art. Hopefully will be fixed in a month or so.

mormegil 04-30-2007 02:40 PM

Sorry, it's going to be a day or two before I can get something written up. Things have gotten crazy at work and home.

Newsman 05-02-2007 12:03 PM

Vehil

Geez...I leave for a year or two and the whole system gets changed. Well i guess i better start from scratch

NAME: Vehil

RACE: Elf

WEAPONS: Elven longbow, two long knives with elvish inscriptions on them. Leather armor.

APPEARANCE: 6'0'' fair-skinned. Just over shoulder-length brown hair. Slightly muscular

PERSONALITY/STRENGTHS/WEAKNESSES: Calm and collected, yet with a quick wit. He often struggles with what his heart tells him to do. He can grow very passionate about his past, and is very secretive to most except those who are very close to him. Vehil excels in archery, and fighting with his knives. As agile as most elves. He is very suspicious of people, until they can prove themselves to him. Some consider it a weakness, to Vehil it is only caution.

HISTORY: Vehil hails from the Golden Wood Lothlorien. He and his older brother left the wood and settled in Minais Tirith for some time. Little else is known about him at the time, yet he will likely reveal more about himself to those that earn his friendship.

Folwren 05-02-2007 12:15 PM

That's alright, old chap.

Your bio/character description is fine. I'm sure Pio will let you post now. :p

-- Folwren

piosenniel 05-02-2007 12:43 PM

Newsman

Your Character Bio is now accessible from post #2 on the Discussion Thread.

Have fun at the Inn.

~*~ Pio

Newsman 05-02-2007 01:09 PM

Alrighty rock on. Im looking forward to RPin with u all agin. If u have any ideas for stuff going on in the inn. Lemme know, and i'll see about makin Vehil do some stuff to help.

Folwren 05-02-2007 01:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Newsman
Alrighty rock on. Im looking forward to RPin with u all agin. If u have any ideas for stuff going on in the inn. Lemme know, and i'll see about makin Vehil do some stuff to help.

lol. Well, my hobbit just got half way attacked by a furious dwarf. You could set about to trying to figure out the problem is and perhaps volunteer to help us find the culprits.

If you read some of the previous posts to that, you (Newsman) will know who said culprits are, but Vehil will not. Nor is he allowed to find out. Sorry. :smokin:

-- Folwren

mormegil 05-02-2007 01:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Folwren
lol. Well, my hobbit just got half way attacked by a furious dwarf. You could set about to trying to figure out the problem is and perhaps volunteer to help us find the culprits.

If you read some of the previous posts to that, you (Newsman) will know who said culprits are, but Vehil will not. Nor is he allowed to find out. Sorry. :smokin:

-- Folwren

Also, be aware the Kuric is not overly trustful of elves in general much less one from the Golden Woods so he may be rather rude and distrustful.

Newsman 05-02-2007 01:37 PM

Here's another character. Hes older though, cause i havent used him since like 2004-2005.

NAME: Fain

RACE: Dwarf

WEAPONS: Iron armor, Heavy 2 handed Axe, a small single handled axe

APPEARANCE: Near the average height of a Dwarf. He has piercing grey eyes, and a auburn hair. Quite muscular

PERSONALITY/STRENGTHS/WEAKNESSES: Fain has a firey temperment, which can cause some people to avoid him. He naturally distrusts Elves, yet he has a close friendship with a very few elves. He is very strong, yet slow.

HISTORY: Fain is a dwarf of the Lonely Mountain Erebor. He has traveled wide and far. Fain previously used to frequent the Green Dragon Inn. Yet he has been away from the Shire for a long time.

Newsman 05-02-2007 01:38 PM

Hey, it looks like things are gonna start rocking. Feel free to use Vehil for stuff to, just let me know in advance. Ok

Folwren 05-02-2007 02:21 PM

Oh, excellent! Things are definitely going to be getting exciting. I'll write a post for Dick directly.

Newsman - one request on your dwarf - 25's a bit young, me thinks, for a dwarf. Anything younger than 100 was practically considered a stripling. 25 would be a mere babe. Jack it up about twenty years or thereabouts. Sorry to be picky.

Quote:

Originally Posted by mormegil
Also, be aware the Kuric is not overly trustful of elves in general much less one from the Golden Woods so he may be rather rude and distrustful.

Oh, lol, I knew that very well as I wrote that post. *chuckle*

-- Folwren

Newsman 05-02-2007 03:49 PM

Ok i fixed it, i doubled his age for y'all

piosenniel 05-02-2007 05:37 PM

Everyone

Just a reminder - please use proper English, grammar, and spelling on all the threads in the RPG forums.

Chatspeak will be deleted by the moderators.

~*~ piosenniel, Shire Moderator

mormegil 05-03-2007 05:05 AM

I would like to know who else is going to approach or say something to Kuric? I imagine Dick will, Folwren, but is there anybody else? Tevildo, will Tollers be coming out at all? The reason I ask is fairly obvious I want to know who responds so I can begin thinking and preparing my next post for it.

Firefoot 05-03-2007 05:39 AM

I think I'm going to write something up for Cela this afternoon.

Newsman 05-03-2007 05:40 AM

I'll probably do more with Vehil later.

Tevildo 05-03-2007 05:58 AM

Mormegil,

I plan to get a brief post up for Tollers today, hopefully this afternoon.

Folwren - I was thinkiing Tollers may remember that the key he borrowed from Master Dick and left sitting on the top of the bar has apparently gone "missing" (much to his horror). :D I'll run with that unless I hear from you this this won't work.

Folwren 05-03-2007 07:42 AM

Tevildo,

That should be fine.

And everyone else, I am sorry I didn't get a post written up yesterday. I got side tracked. :confused:

I will write something today.

-- Folwren

Newsman 05-03-2007 12:06 PM

If anybody has any ideas for what they want Vehil to do, besides attempting to calm a raging dwarf. Post it and i'll do my best to comply.

piosenniel 05-03-2007 12:19 PM

♥ Notice of New Game Opening ♥

Durelin and Firefoot are starting a game in the Shire.

Blood Run: A Terror Returns

If you are interested, please read the proposal – HERE.

The Discussion thread is now open to take on players and to answer any questions.

See you there!

~*~ Pio

Tevildo 05-05-2007 05:42 AM

I put up my post but I have a question. As far as I can see, no one --not kids or the dwarf owner--has realized that the torque has also been stolen by Lil. Is that correct?

Folwren 05-05-2007 05:56 AM

So far as I can tell, that's correct.

Good post, Tevildo. I hope someone can write some more today, because I can't. I may post tomorrow, but from now until late this evening, I doubt I'll be on the computer at all, and I certainly won't be writing a post.

-- Folwren

Child of the 7th Age 05-05-2007 09:50 AM

Tom has gotten the children into the cellar. We still have to find the point where the old burrow---the remains of the original Golden Perch--attaches to the cellar of the present building. Once we're in the burrow tunnel, I'm sure we can figure out a way to get trapped, have the wall collapse or something.

Child of the 7th Age 05-05-2007 10:52 AM

Welcome Elfchick7! Please check your pms.

Child, Shire Mod

Elfchick7 05-05-2007 11:27 AM

Hello all,

Thanks for the welcomeChild of the Seventh Age. I would like to introduce two new characters.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Name: Luriniel

Age: she was a young child at the time of the forging/deception of the great rings.

Race: Elf of Mirkwood

Weapons: A bow and and knife, both of elven make

Appearance: Fair to behold. Dark hair. Graceful in movement. Has grey-blue eyes.

Personality: Cautious. Slow to forgive. She doesn't like unnecessary delays. Rather outspoken, especially for an elf.

History: Luriniel and her sister(the second character I would like to introduce), Nienna, have been wandering M.E. searching for a safe place. They do not feel safe with their other kin because their father long ago betrayed his people and revealed himself to be a servant of Sauron.

Although, the elf-maids do not serve the enemy they were suspected at first and therefore do not believe that they will find welcome with anyone of their race. They were still young by elf standards when they struck out on their own.

They carry with them some gold for emergencies but rarely spend it because they avoid towns as much as possible. During their travels they acquired a horse whom they call Estel, because it came at a time when their hope was failing.

Their reason for coming to the Golden Perch Inn is because Nienna has been injured by an orc arrow. Not wishing to trouble her sister, Nienna kept the wound a secret, attempting to dress it herself. Eventually, the wound became infected. Now Nienna is in a delirious and feverish state. So Luriniel leads her to the refuge of the Inn.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Name: Nienna

Race: Elf of Mirkwood

Weapons: A sword called eressėa

Appearance: Less fair than her sister but still fair. Her eyes are grey with flecks of green.

Personality: Slow to trust more ready to forgive. Meek. Quiet. Nienna doesn't like to be a burden to others and rarely lets even her sister know when she is having trouble with something or someone.

History: See that of Luriniel.

piosenniel 05-05-2007 12:46 PM

Elfchick7

Please check your PM's.

Thanks!

~*~ piosenniel, Shire moderator

piosenniel 05-06-2007 02:21 AM

Elfchick7

I've placed a link to your characters' bios on Post #2 of the Discussion Thread. Please go ahead and post for them in the Inn now.

~*~ Pio

Folwren 05-06-2007 11:37 AM

Oh, great! Two new characters. :)

Welcome to the Golden Perch, Elfchick, hope to see you post often. :)

I may make a reply to your first post sometime today...but I know mormegil wants to post something soon, so I may wait for him before I answer your elf's call for the innkeeper.

-- Folwren

piosenniel 05-06-2007 03:28 PM

♥ Notice of New Game Opening ♥

Durelin and Firefoot are starting a game in the Shire.

Blood Run: A Terror Returns

If you are interested, please read the proposal – HERE.

The Discussion thread will open soon to take on players and to answer any questions.

See you there!

~*~ Pio

Folwren 05-07-2007 08:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Child of the 7th Age
Tom has gotten the children into the cellar. We still have to find the point where the old burrow---the remains of the original Golden Perch--attaches to the cellar of the present building. Once we're in the burrow tunnel, I'm sure we can figure out a way to get trapped, have the wall collapse or something.

It's dark enough, they could get easily lost without having a wall cave in.

-- Folwren

Finduilas 05-07-2007 01:43 PM

I'm confused. Did Elfchick's character noticed Newsman's or MaskedNicci's character?

MaskedNicci, did your character go stiff about Elfchick's or Elentari-Greenleafs person?

My post in the Inn may be designed off of incorrect conclusions. If I wrote it wrong, please tell me, and I will change my post.

Elfchick7 05-07-2007 02:41 PM

My character noticed Newman's character but that can be altered if y'all think it fits better for her to notice Alasse(my mac can't do the dot things).

Finduilas 05-07-2007 02:48 PM

Well, it depends on what MaskedNicci wants. I wrote mine on the supposition that you had noticed Newsman, and that Nicci had noticed Elentari.

Newsman 05-07-2007 03:45 PM

This whole confusion thing is what prompted me to have Vehil talk to Elfchick's characters. The sooner the elves know each other's names, the less likely they willl get mixed up.

MaskedNicci 05-07-2007 04:07 PM

Sorry for the confusion guys! I meant to come in here and explain it for a quick reference, but things have been crazy around here.

I noticed that ElentariGreenleaf had written so that her elven character Lynaata had noticed Alassė (or so it looked, since Lynaata made note of the fact that the female elf was 'cleaning off her dress'. Please correct if I am wrong.) and since no one had approached her character, I was trying to strike up something there, by having Alassė noticed the staring going on.

So many elves! :p

So to be clear, a little sum-up:
-Alassė was talking to Elorn.
-Lynaata came in and noticed Alassė, sitting down by the window.
-There's a bunch of hobbit-children creating mischief.(heehee...I love that)
-Then Vehil comes in, and sits down and gets himself a drink.
-Kuric ze dwarf noticed his ring missing, and went into a rage.
-Vehil kindly offers to help him look for it, and the innkeeper comes in.
-The hobbit-children have found ze cellar!
-Luriniel enters, asking for medical help with her sister. It says she 'notices an elf', there are several in the room, but from what I can tell, Vehil is the only male elf there, right?
-Kuric begins to storm out of the inn
-Dick turns his attention to Lurinel and her wounded sister.
-Alassė cools until she notices Lynaata watching her, and Elorn goes to help Dick with the elf Lurinel.
-Vehil walks over to Lurinel as well and introduces himself.
-Lurinel brings in her sister.
-Vehil starts helping with Nienna(Lurinel's sister).

Have I got it right, people? This would leave Alassė standing alone for a moment, watching Lynaata stare at her, Vehil mending Nienna while Lurinel, Dick, and Elorn watching(they haven't yet replied). It would also mean Kuric has left, right?

(And it's perfectly fine to just write it Alasse. I just like the little dots :D )

Finduilas 05-07-2007 04:14 PM

Haha. Foley thought I had done it wrong. Well, that means we are all on the same page.

Are people refering to me as an elf? I'm a man.

mormegil 05-07-2007 05:22 PM

Yes Kuric is officialy outside right now. I'm trying to think what I want to happen here. I don't think finding the children in the cellar would be a good idea as that would ruin their adventure. I was thinking of making a quick run around the inn and not seeing anything overly suspicous (Hobbit children don't leave prints plus Kuric is too angry to notice if they did) I will return inside thinking the thieves stayed inside. Of course, that would require me getting upset and accusing some present at the inn, such as Vehil and the newly arrived elves :D

Folwren 05-07-2007 06:34 PM

I think Dick will be wishing he was about three feet taller by the end of the day...

Sounds good, mormegil. :)

-- Folwren

Newsman 05-08-2007 11:27 AM

I'm looking forward to all of this. We need to keep coming up with cool stuff like this all the time.

mormegil 05-08-2007 04:14 PM

I assume others such as Tollers and Dick will want to do something now that Kuric is back. I will wait to see what happens before writing next.