The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum (http://forum.barrowdowns.com/index.php)
-   Middle-earth Mirth (http://forum.barrowdowns.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Crazy Captions (http://forum.barrowdowns.com/showthread.php?t=10727)

Nilpaurion Felagund 01-02-2005 11:30 PM

(Arwen pic)

Frodo: I think I'm gonna hurl.

Arwen: Shut up, Hobbit. I'm flirting here. (to Nazgûl) Hey, guys. We're lost, and I was just wondering . . .

(Merry pic)

Merry tries to run away from a crazed Éowyn.

Lhunardawen 01-03-2005 01:09 AM

alternative Merry ending

Merry's stroke went wide. Now the Witch King's on to him.

But wait...where's the armor?

Oddwen 01-03-2005 09:18 AM

I DO believe in Ents, I DO I DO I DO!

Merry: I don't think we're in the Shire anymore, Pip.

Eomer of the Rohirrim 01-03-2005 02:29 PM

Congratulations Hookbill, 12 bonus points are yours! And that puts you in second place overall in the bonus points stakes. :D

*Merry was dismayed at the vitriolic reaction of the audience to his "Merry Christmas" pun.*

Boromir88 01-03-2005 02:41 PM

::Merry starts having hallucinations::
Pippin: And you say I smoke too much?

luthien-elvenprincess 01-03-2005 02:50 PM

After Merry's desperate, yet unfruitful search for a can of air freshner:
"Ahem..uh...Eowen, you...you might wanna stand on the upwind side of me for awhile...so sorry. (hangs head in shame and embarrassment)

Evisse the Blue 01-03-2005 04:26 PM

Arwen pic: Stay BACK or the Halfling here gets it!

OR

"I have a sword and despite all evidence pointing to the contrary, I mustn't be afraid to use it!"

Merry pic:
Merry unwillingly caught a fleeting glimpse of Gandalf the Grey uncloaked.

THE Ka 01-03-2005 08:10 PM

OK, another picture... (I think it's been more than ten posts? Am I right? Oh, well.)

http://w13502.hostcentric.net/~newli...xt_DF_2136.jpg
See Saruman? You did sign my release! Now cough up the keys old man!

Weak, I know but, I thought it was a cool picture...

~Pondering ka~

Oddwen 01-03-2005 09:21 PM

A slightly familiar pic...

Wormie: Look, Théoden! It's my 3rd grade report card! It says that I got mostly D's...hey, look! I got an A at recess!

Nilpaurion Felagund 01-03-2005 10:34 PM

I hate to shock Éowyn again.

Gríma: See! We were married! When? Remember that vacation in Aldburg when we got ingloriously drunk?

Lalwendë 01-04-2005 02:08 AM

You see, Theoden, you signed the extended warranty in blood, so this means we are legally entitled to take four gold ducats from your bank account every month for life.

dancing spawn of ungoliant 01-04-2005 04:11 AM

Grima got an honorary diploma from a knitting contest and was eager to hang it on the wall of the golden hall.

Meela 01-04-2005 11:24 AM

Disappointed by the wages Meduseld was handing out, Grima got himself a part-time job as a waiter.

Grima *examining the menu*: Yes, I would recommend Eowyn's stew. The finest to be had in Rohan!

The Saucepan Man 01-04-2005 12:02 PM

The attention given to detail in the making of the films was evident even in the style of the actors' contracts.

Eomer of the Rohirrim 01-04-2005 12:47 PM

*I'm not falling down steps, getting shot by arrows, nothing, until I get my Danish pastry, just like it says here in my contract. Go on, try and do the film without me. How are you going to poison Theoden without me, huh? I don't work until I get my Danish*

More bonus points are available to the person who recognises that! :)

(This caption was not without a touch of irony, because the films as they were really could have been done without Grima.)

Fordim Hedgethistle 01-04-2005 01:21 PM

Grima: Now Mr Theoden, could you please read the bottom line of this for me? No? Well, how about the middle line? Still nothing? The top line perhaps? No again? Hmmmm. . .well I'm sorry but it seems your eyesight is just not good enough for us to re-issue your Kinging License.

Hookbill the Goomba 01-04-2005 02:51 PM

Eomer, would that be from 'The Simpsons'?

Grimer: Look Theoden, I've already sold my story to the Tabloids! Look; "What the Worm saw in Theoden's cupboard." If you don't want this printing, you'll give me that pay raise!

Boromir88 01-04-2005 04:17 PM

The red eye shape.

Grima: You know Saruman, I've been thinking about the way you have been treating me, and I don't really appreciate it. I'm now in the service of the great eye. It's even been stamped and approved.

Nimrodel_9 01-04-2005 04:43 PM

*Grima finds part of his name, "worm", in a gardening magazine.*
Grima to Theoden: See? See! They really do like me!

My lame attempt at humor. :rolleyes: :p
Nim

Gurthang 01-04-2005 06:24 PM

Grima: Ha, I'm better than you are. See, I have Gandalf's autograph, Saruman's autograph, and Radagast's autograph! Beat that!

Grima: See this, it's a restraining order. That means you can't touch me. Wait, what are you doing with that lighter!?

The Only Real Estel 01-04-2005 09:00 PM

Grima: "What do you mean you won't honor my insurance claim!? It says right here, section 47, row 3, line 12: '...will cover laser hair removal that includes unwanted back hair, mustaches, and eyebrows.'!"

The Elf-warrior 01-04-2005 11:03 PM

The Merry and Grima Pictures

Merry sees Tom Bombadil for the first time.

Grima: "Here it is Saruman! I got Theoden to sign over the sovereignty of Rohan in a national emergency to you. And I can declare an emergency."

Saruman: "I shall sign this treaty with pleasure. The machinery of war has started to move and Rohan shall be the first to be crushed in it's wheels."

Mithalwen 01-05-2005 12:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by THE Ka
Pippin pic:

* On one odd night of the fellowship, pippin decided to 'cheer up' everyone with a personal favorite, of course under the influence of a mysterious leaf...

"Gandalf, they say, could stick it away
Half a crate of whiskey every day.
Boromir, Boromir was a bugger for the bottle,
Legolas was fond of his dram,
And Elrond was a drunken fart:
"I drink, therefore I am"

Gandalf: Ahem!

~A mysterious ka~

Whoever can guess where this song sample came from gets a chocolate! Hint: Monty Python...

University of Wooloomooloo, Philosophy Faculty Song

"This is the Golden Elanor, emblem of our land
You can stick it in a bottle or you can hold it in your hand"

For one of my sister's Aussie colleaugues the solemnity of his aunt's funeral was somewhat compromised by the fact that they were all given a spray of the national flower to cast on the coffin. All he could think of during the ceremony as he clutched his bit of golden wattle was that song......

Oh well to get back to the captions:

Grima: " See I am not stupid, I have an external degree from The Unseen University , Ankh Morpork which cost me 20 gold pieces ..."

Theoden " Grima, apparently your degree has been "singed" by the vice chancellor C.M.O.T Dibbler and anyway there is no such place as Ankh Morpork..."

luthien-elvenprincess 01-05-2005 12:48 PM

Lookie here, Saruman...it just came in the mail today...the official certificate of my membership in the Napoleon Dynamite fan club! Don't be jealous...

The Saucepan Man 01-05-2005 01:03 PM

Saruman: Fool! Snivelling dog! The Palantir of Orthanc is lost ... lost I tell you! All is in ruin! I am undone!

Grima: Calm down dear, it's only a commercial - and luckily it's covered by your Tower-hold policy with Mordor Direct.

Bêthberry 01-05-2005 01:35 PM

Grima: What do you mean you can't see the fine print? What fine print! You think Saruman worries about the fine print?

Oddwen 01-05-2005 06:26 PM

I know you were all speculating...

Grima: Well this is the guest list for the Council of Elrond, but I don't see your name on it. Let's see...Frodo Baggins, Gandalf Greyhame, davem, Erestor, Fordim Hedgethistle, Bilbo Baggins, The Saucepan Man...sorry, no listing for Elrond Halfelven.
Elrond: B-b-but...

Nilpaurion Felagund 01-05-2005 08:02 PM

What's up with airline food? Ta-tg-tss!

Gríma: I have my special powers of attorney from Théoden himself here. Which means I can do what I want. And I want my croissant!

Elennar Starfire 01-05-2005 08:37 PM

Quote:

Lookie here, Saruman...it just came in the mail today...the official certificate of my membership in the Napoleon Dynamite fan club! Don't be jealous...
I didn't expect to see a Napoleon Dynamite reference here...But it's such a funny movie!

Did you know there are shirts you can get that say "Vote for Pedro"? :eek:

Nimrodel_9 01-06-2005 05:20 PM

Quote:

I didn't expect to see a Napoleon Dynamite reference here...But it's such a funny movie!
Yeah, me neither! So, that movie must be popular outside of my little state of Utah! Wow. I didn`t think something so dumb (yet hilariously funny) would be very popular. ;)

Grima: Theoden! Did you put this horrid article about me in the newspaper?! Albino, ugly little worm... It dosen`t even describe me! Umm... does it?

elronds_daughter 01-06-2005 05:23 PM

Grima: See? See? Don't I do a great job forging your signature, Theoden?

The Only Real Estel 01-06-2005 07:16 PM

Grima: "Now, Eomer. You take this Christmas List straight to the North Pole and deliver it. Then we'll see about taking your name out of the Banished Book."

Elennar Starfire 01-06-2005 08:22 PM

Quote:

So, that movie must be popular outside of my little state of Utah!
Another Utahn! *hugs*

There actually seem to be a lot of us...maybe it's because there's so little to do around here...

THE Ka 01-06-2005 10:21 PM

A Classic...

G: Look Eomer! I've just gotten the king to sign over his Falco cd's!!

E: *Rolls eyes Whoo hoo... another one-hit-wonder of the 80's... You're really on your way to taking over the kingdom...

G: You think so? I wonder if this will be a good conversation piece! Maybe I should have a golden frame to go along with it too!

E: Great. I knew it. We're all doomed... *traditional banging of head into wall

~ KA!!! ~

Nilpaurion Felagund 01-06-2005 10:34 PM

Gríma shows off his literary(?) masterpiece(?).

G is for good looks, which I obviously have.

R is for my raven locks, which puts me one above the bleached-blonde Horsemen.

I is for my Istari slave, who obeys my every whim.

M is for my megalomania . . . errr . . . superiority.

and A is for my adoring fangirls; but though they're many, I still have room in my heart for . . . me.

The Only Real Estel 01-07-2005 10:55 AM

a bit of National Treasure

Grima: "Now, if there was a map on the back of this edict, it would probably be marked by a symbol in the right corner on the reverse side..."

-&-

Grima: "Hey, Theoden! I just found one of my old handwriting papers from my juniour year!"

Boromir88 01-07-2005 01:53 PM

Grima: (in the voice of a messenger) Theoden, by order of Saruman you must sign your brain over to him. Please sign...here....here....and put the official King's Seal, here.

Gil-Galad 01-07-2005 04:59 PM

Grima: alright everything seems to be in order... i get to manipualte you and relate to saruman while you don't shave for a couple of weeks and act like a complete psycho to the childeren

Theoden: right right...

Rohan guard: m'lord, gandalf arrives

Grima: lets get this show on the road eh?

(Grima and Theoden take their posistons as Gandalf and co. enter)

Oddwen 01-07-2005 06:33 PM

Parchment-y 3019!

(Gil-Galad will epecially enjoy this I think... ;) )

It's WormTongue Parchment Mail!

Grima: And I took my mail to the market, and I bought it some fish sauce...
Run: wormtongueemail.exe

dear Wormtongue
Y don't u tell Yomer he's a jerk?
Luv,
gillie

Well, Jelly, despite your horrendous spelling, I think I'm going to do that right now.

Hey, Éomer! Whadd'ya doing?

Éomer: Oh, I was just going to send this hundred dollar bill to...

Grima: Yeah, well gillie thinks you're a jerk.

Éomer: Ohh. *rrrip*

Grima: Well Jelly, I told him, but don't expect me to be your messenger service again.

Ah...kinda long. SpM won't be happy. :P

Nimrodel_9 01-07-2005 06:39 PM

Time for a new pic, me thinks.

Quote:

Another Utahn! *hugs*
Ah! How exciting! *hugs back*
Quote:

There actually seem to be a lot of us
Actually, I heard that Utah has more LotR fans than any other state. Cool beans. :D

http://www.ninecompanions.net/thumbn...l_lorien_4.JPG
Galadriel drops her hair drier into the Mirror.