The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum (http://forum.barrowdowns.com/index.php)
-   Elvenhome (http://forum.barrowdowns.com/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   The King's Players - Discussion/Planning Thread (http://forum.barrowdowns.com/showthread.php?t=17151)

Boromir88 04-04-2011 09:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nerwen (Post 652474)
Well, then, how about it, Boro? There's some fine opportunities for melodrama there!:smokin:

:D When Aldarion's back, it shall be done.

Sorry Coldan, poor chap. ;)

the phantom 04-04-2011 12:42 PM

I'll be moving Aldarion to his next stop during my late lunch. Inzil- if you wish to bump into him get it done before late tonight or tomorrow afternoon, as that's when I'm going to have him back at the inn.

the phantom 04-04-2011 02:01 PM

Heh- x-post, Inzil. So, your character is in the third circle then? If you wish to go ahead and get him a bit closer to the fourth level gate (the house I'm leaving is near it) I can have Aldarion bump into you or something.

EDIT: never mind, Aldarion's on the fourth level already, you want to meet him there?

Pitchwife 04-04-2011 02:43 PM

OK, Boro, I'll forward your apology to Coldan if I run into him.:)
Don't pity him too much though; the way he's started to behave lately, he may fight back.

Question to phantom re this:
Quote:

Originally Posted by Nerwen on game thread
Asta could dimly remember that Éowyn had once been a some what larger rôle, and Mary a smaller: they had changed places, somehow, over time

Lest Coldan make further false accusations against Aldarion: did this change happen before or after Aldarion's involvement with the script, and is it connected with the Boromir-Mary-romance or not (in other words, was the romance a change by Aldarion or not)?

Inziladun 04-04-2011 02:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the phantom (Post 652492)
Heh- x-post, Inzil. So, your character is in the third circle then? If you wish to go ahead and get him a bit closer to the fourth level gate (the house I'm leaving is near it) I can have Aldarion bump into you or something.

EDIT: never mind, Aldarion's on the fourth level already, you want to meet him there?

Since Aldarion's heading for the Fifth Circle, I changed it. Let me know if anything else should be altered.

the phantom 04-04-2011 03:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pitch
(in other words, was the romance a change by Aldarion or not)

It's fine to attribute the romance (and therefore slight increase in Mary's part) to Aldarion, as his thinking would be, "Well okay, there's a pretty elf-woman in this fellowship along with the top general/prince of Gondor. May as well add a romance." What Aldarion would take issue with is that it was ever his idea to have "Mary" in the first place. (He took what he was given and imposed a bit of his personality on it.)

As far as decreasing Eowyn's role, perhaps Aldarion, though he doesn't like Therian's attitude towards women, disagrees with the way Brinn chooses to punish Therian (by giving him female roles), as it negatively impacts the play as a whole in Aldarion's opinion. Thus I can imagine Aldarion attempting to decrease the time Lady-Therian is on the stage.

the phantom 04-04-2011 03:25 PM

Inzil- Aldarion's father isn't dead, he's just back in Dol Amroth. (If it was a misunderstanding from that last post, it was his friend Cirion that died.)

Mnemosyne 04-04-2011 03:40 PM

Thanks for keeping the game rolling during my absence, all. This weekend has turned me into a zombie.

Anyone know where I can find some fresh brains? Or even slightly rancid ones would be okay at this point...

Inziladun 04-04-2011 03:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the phantom (Post 652499)
Inzil- Aldarion's father isn't dead, he's just back in Dol Amroth. (If it was a misunderstanding from that last post, it was his friend Cirion that died.)

Doh! :o Fixed now.

Pitchwife 04-04-2011 05:39 PM

Thanks for the clarification, phantom - although I think you'll understand Coldan doesn't think Aldarion's motives are quite as innocent.;)

Boro, if Branor needs motivation beyond stirring up trouble, I just remembered that Coldan is still officially cast as Sam. Since the role has become a deal more prestigious with our new knowledge, someone else could covet it - obviously not Branor himself, but what about Therian?

And the 'poor chap' is getting quite out of hand. Suppose his kettle's been boiling so long, it's about to explode. Post upcoming.

Galadriel55 04-04-2011 06:15 PM

Just as Coldan and Asta were starting to get along.......... KABOOM!!! :D

I love that post! :p ;)

Boromir88 04-04-2011 07:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pitchwife (Post 652505)
And the 'poor chap' is getting quite out of hand. Suppose his kettle's been boiling so long, it's about to explode. Post upcoming.

Hehe, well the "poor chap" is more because I think every boy can relate what Coldan is going through. It's what we've all done at some time or another. :p

piosenniel 04-04-2011 08:21 PM

Reminders for an RPG in play:
  • Please remove your signature from EVERY post to the RPG thread - including SAVES
  • & etc. . . .

the phantom 04-04-2011 10:13 PM

Inzil- any chance you could edit out the very last line where you walk away? Aldarion's got something to say to Veandur about his chosen profession. ;)

(I'll be posting it tomorrow afternoon. Even if you haven't edited it yet I'll post as if you have.)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Pitch
although I think you'll understand Coldan doesn't think Aldarion's motives are quite as innocent

Ha ha, yes, quite understandable. :D

And naturally, just because Aldarion's motives were purely performance based does not rule out the possibility that he views the result as quite a nice perk (i.e. there's no rule that says Aldarion cannot enjoy the on-stage romantic involvement- in fact it probably makes the scenes more convincing). ;)

Pitchwife 04-05-2011 04:54 AM

I seriously shouldn't post two hours after my usual bedtime...
*tears his hair and prostrates himself before pio in penitence*

Inziladun 04-05-2011 05:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the phantom (Post 652513)
Inzil- any chance you could edit out the very last line where you walk away? Aldarion's got something to say to Veandur about his chosen profession. ;)

(I'll be posting it tomorrow afternoon. Even if you haven't edited it yet I'll post as if you have.)

Done. I can hardly wait. :D

the phantom 04-05-2011 02:52 PM

Okay, Inzil. Aldarion has asked his question. :smokin:

Inziladun 04-05-2011 03:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the phantom (Post 652534)
Okay, Inzil. Aldarion has asked his question. :smokin:

There's Vëandur's rebuttal. :)

Thinlómien 04-05-2011 04:24 PM

Poor Coldan! He might be my favourite in the RPG just because he's so unfortunate. :D

I'm posting now, but unless I post again on Wednesday or Thursday, don't expect too much of me. As some of you may know, I'm currently studying abroad and my Finnish friends (including Aganzir) are coming to visit me for a week so I won't be much online. Feel free to carry along my character.

I'm sorry for this kind of inactivity but bleh. Not much excuses I guess.

Feanor of the Peredhil 04-05-2011 06:28 PM

I've been lurking, if not participating. Most of my 'writing' has been telling B88 what, if anything, to include for Therian. I had a course description due yesterday and I have a copy of my entire Master's thesis due tomorrow, hence my inactivity. I should be around more after tomorrow.

Anyway, Therian is unhappy and I've written that up as a method by which to disguise my inactivity. He's trying to be unnoticed so he won't get canned thanks to Branor, and I don't have to fuss with him every few minutes. See y'all soon!

Galadriel55 04-05-2011 06:37 PM

Isn't it Coldan who suggested the switch, not Branor?

Poor guy! Now he has an angry Therain on him as well! ;)

I'll try to post soonish. I think I'll send Thiliel off to her room for a while so that she won't add to the mess.

Feanor of the Peredhil 04-05-2011 07:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Galadriel55 (Post 652560)
Isn't it Coldan who suggested the switch, not Branor?

Hm. Technically true...

Nevertheless, I think I'll still have Therian blame Branor for bringing up the idea of recasting Therian in the first place.

Galadriel55 04-05-2011 07:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Feanor of the Peredhil (Post 652565)
Nevertheless, I think I'll still have Therian blame Branor for bringing up the idea of recasting Therian in the first place.

These two remind me of Legolas and Gimli. ;)

Feanor of the Peredhil 04-05-2011 07:44 PM

I think I was aiming a little more for Jay and Silent Bob, but Legolas and Gimli are pretty cool dudes... :smokin:

Pitchwife 04-06-2011 09:46 AM

Sorry for my absence yesterday, was too tired to write. I'll post Coldan's reaction to Nerwen's last in an hour or two.

Nerwen 04-06-2011 09:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Inziladun (Post 652539)
There's Vëandur's rebuttal. :)

And a very poetic rebuttal it is too.:cool:

Inziladun 04-06-2011 01:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nerwen (Post 652590)
And a very poetic rebuttal it is too.:cool:

Thank you. :)

Boromir88 04-06-2011 07:14 PM

Ouch. I think Coldan might have just joined the running against Bran and Therian for the most disliked member of the troupe. Drama!Tension in the White City!

Love it Pitch. ;)

the phantom 04-06-2011 08:45 PM

Sometime before I go to bed I'll be taking Aldarion back down to the inn, and I will make it be evening (7ish). Let me know if your character must do something today that must take place during daylight.

the phantom 04-06-2011 11:11 PM

Okay, it's late evening now. Aldarion is nearly to the inn.

Pitchwife 04-07-2011 11:52 AM

phantom, unless anyone has stopped him, Coldan will be in the common room when you want him, drowning his sorrows in Ithilian wine (so be warned, he may not be completely responsible).

Quote:

Originally Posted by Boromir88 (Post 652622)
Ouch. I think Coldan might have just joined the running against Bran and Therian for the most disliked member of the troupe. Drama!Tension in the White City!

Haha, I suppose so. Poor Brinn - her troupe seems in danger of falling to pieces before the rewriting has even begun...:eek:
By the way, Coldan is fun to write, but the drama wouldn't be half as good without Nerwen's inspiring cooperation. *bows towards the antipodes*

PS. Mnemo - "left Bree"??

Anguirel 04-07-2011 03:11 PM

Who would like to talk to Sador? I might send him out ready for anyone, in reflective mode...

Mnemosyne 04-07-2011 03:12 PM

Thanks, Pitch. This is what happens when you write your posts in the very wee hours.

the phantom 04-08-2011 11:29 AM

Ended up busier than I thought I would be yesterday. I'll try and move things along before work tonight, or at the latest when I get home.

Galadriel55 04-08-2011 02:40 PM

I'll be very busy this weeekend, so if you want, you can use Thiliel. I was thinking of making her gve an exaggerated account of Ingold's (alrady slighty exaggerated) stories, but that could wait. Or, if you want it now, you could write it. ;)

the phantom 04-08-2011 03:06 PM

Mnemo- where exactly are Brinn and Rollan? In one of the carts?

Mnemosyne 04-08-2011 04:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the phantom (Post 652666)
Mnemo- where exactly are Brinn and Rollan? In one of the carts?

Yes, though Rollan can be out and about. Brinn's staying put at least until she gets those crutches.

Boromir88 04-08-2011 05:24 PM

In which case Branor is floating around to inform Aldarion all about Coldan's problems with the script. :p

I've been lurking and keeping up mostly this week, just trying to figure out how I want to combat Therian's grumpy attitude. This weekend I'm not going away so I'll be here. But then next Friday, same old weekend schedule.

Formendacil 04-09-2011 08:34 AM

Although inertia after a heavy week would incline my laziness to letting Amdír drift along a wee bit longer, since he isn't involved in any pressing actions, I've filled in his day--and given Brinn the chance to be up and about "in the morning."

Nerwen 04-09-2011 09:51 AM

Apologies for lack of posting, but I've been really overwhelmed with work.

Anyway, Asta can be presumed moping in her room until further notice, as of my last post.