The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum (http://forum.barrowdowns.com/index.php)
-   Middle-earth Mirth (http://forum.barrowdowns.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   The Valley Forge - WW LXXXVII - Admin Thread (http://forum.barrowdowns.com/showthread.php?t=17146)

Galadriel55 06-14-2011 08:44 PM

The Doom of the Noldor seems to have spread over this game...:(

What can we do? Unexpected things happen unexpectedly... Unlike what Eomer said, the unbidden does not always prove the best company...

But, looking on the bright side, I have nothing scheduled for August except for a music exam, so I should be in when this game happens.

Shastanis Althreduin 06-14-2011 10:08 PM

I'm sorry to hear that, Foley. :(

In an effort to get the ball rolling again, then, who's next on the "list"? Was it you, Inzil?

I'm willing to host at any time as sort of a "filler" host, if there isn't anyone else, just for future reference. Anyone who signed up to host already should definitely go ahead and do it, though. :)

Inziladun 06-15-2011 07:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shastanis Althreduin (Post 656532)
In an effort to get the ball rolling again, then, who's next on the "list"? Was it you, Inzil?

I'm willing to host at any time as sort of a "filler" host, if there isn't anyone else, just for future reference. Anyone who signed up to host already should definitely go ahead and do it, though. :)

I think I was indeed next on the modding list. However, if anyone else is ready right now, go ahead.

If not, I could possibly have something up soon, say within a week or so. I don't think I'd need more than 12 players.

Thinlómien 06-15-2011 01:30 PM

Not nice. Foley remember to poke me when you mean to start again and I'll be in unless I have some horriblew time constraint issue. And don't feel bad for this - I'm blaming our inactive werewolf players, not you. ;)

Kitanna 06-15-2011 07:10 PM

Provided I'm still a workless bum (and even if I'm not) I'd like to play. Hopefully when it gets back on track I'll have the time to dedicate to it.

Bom Tombadillo 06-15-2011 07:43 PM

:smokin: <-- Will play in Werewolf game for Werewolf game to play in.

(Translation: I'm ready whenever).

Folwren 06-16-2011 01:23 PM

Thanks, folks, for taking it so calmly (apparently, anyway). I'll be sure to try to let everyone on the list know when I am back to mod it again.

-- Foley

Mithalwen 06-16-2011 02:19 PM

Well whenever you are able to mod I'll try to play..

Lhunardawen 06-18-2011 07:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Inziladun (Post 656541)
I think I was indeed next on the modding list. However, if anyone else is ready right now, go ahead.

If not, I could possibly have something up soon, say within a week or so. I don't think I'd need more than 12 players.

Oooooh, teeeeeempting...

Inziladun 06-18-2011 10:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lhunardawen (Post 656726)
Oooooh, teeeeeempting...

"Yeesss, you should plaayy,' says the voice in your ear. :D

I'll try to have an Admin thread up before the weekend's out. Question is, can I get 12 people?

Nogrod 06-18-2011 11:25 AM

Sad to hear that Foley. This has really born under some bad sign in the very beginning. :(

But yay Inzil! Werewolfing to be done! :cool:

McCaber 07-08-2011 10:49 PM

The beginning of August, you say? I might have to put myself on the list for this. It sounds like a fun game.

Folwren 07-09-2011 08:10 AM

:) Okay, McCaber. I'll let you know when I start this up again.

-- Foley

Folwren 08-05-2011 09:19 AM

Third time pays for all, right? I'm willing to give this a go IF we can get it started by EARLY next week. School starts in something like two and a half weeks, I think. There is no possible way that I will be able to mod the beginning of a game after school starts. If this game is still in the works by that time, I think it'll be okay, as it will be tapering off towards its ending.

I will send PMs now to the people on the list.

-- Folwren

satansaloser2005 08-05-2011 09:27 AM

I'm in (again). :)

Inziladun 08-05-2011 09:27 AM

Me too.

Nerwen 08-05-2011 09:34 AM

In again!

Galadriel55 08-05-2011 09:55 AM

Me three! Or four. Whatever. AKA I'm in.

Bom Tombadillo 08-05-2011 11:04 AM

I'm in, naturally.

C'mon, let's slaughter some wolves!

Eruhen 08-05-2011 11:38 AM

I'm up for another go.

Galadriel55 08-05-2011 11:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bom Tombadillo (Post 659946)
I'm in, naturally.

C'mon, let's slaughter some wolves!

Or Dwarves! :smokin::p

Boromir88 08-05-2011 12:02 PM

Why not, let's do this. :)

Kitanna 08-05-2011 12:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Folwren (Post 659936)
Third time pays for all, right? I'm willing to give this a go IF we can get it started by EARLY next week. \

I don't know if I can play yet. Put me down as a maybe if you can wait until Sunday for my answer

Folwren 08-05-2011 03:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kitanna (Post 659954)
I don't know if I can play yet. Put me down as a maybe if you can wait until Sunday for my answer

We can wait until Sunday at least Kitanna. Looks like the earliest I can start this game will be Tuesday. Then I'll have internet at my own house. :D

Here's the players list so far:

Sally
Inzil
Nerwen
Boro
Galadriel
Eruhen
Bom

Maybe:
Kitanna

Glirdan 08-05-2011 03:59 PM

Seeing as my last game didn't go so well (>_<), I'm in for giving this a go

Bom Tombadillo 08-05-2011 04:15 PM

*walks in wearing fake mustache* I and my three twin brothers would like to sign up for this. Kindly refrain from putting any of us in a position to be seen with the other, as we all have a fatal condition known as cannot-be-seen-with-each-other-itis, which is fatal.

Folwren 08-05-2011 06:07 PM

*takes fake mustache off of Bom* Oh, it's only you, Bom, and you're already signed on. Besides, you're going to be a dwarf, so if you're doing make-up you'd better do better than just a mustache. ;)

Welcome to the game, Glirdan.

In the first post is a new list of players, up to date.

Galadriel55 08-05-2011 06:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bom Tombadillo (Post 659970)
*walks in wearing fake mustache* I and my three twin brothers would like to sign up for this. Kindly refrain from putting any of us in a position to be seen with the other, as we all have a fatal condition known as cannot-be-seen-with-each-other-itis, which is fatal.

Lynch him! He's Nilp in disguise! :D

Foley, are the rules&roles in the first post the "final draft" of all the debates that have been going earlier in this thread? Like the issue with the Sweetheart/Seer?

Folwren 08-05-2011 06:37 PM

Galadriel, as I re-read the first post again, I was asking myself the same question. I haven't had time to peruse the questions and things yet, but I will in the next day or two and have the final draft up before we're ready to start. I'll let you all know.

-- Foley

Loslote 08-05-2011 07:16 PM

I can play only if there's no chance it'd go past August 22nd. :)

Bom Tombadillo 08-05-2011 07:22 PM

. .. My god. Since I don't recall seeing this is the rules (and if anybody's asked about it, I've forgotten), are reveals allowed in this game (they're probably not, because the odds that nobody else has caught this are ridiculous, but you never know)? Because if they are . . .

*prescience*

Quote:

Originally Posted by The King's Dwarf
I am the King's Dwarf! Kill X and Y! Watchman, protect!

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Game
*ends abruptly*

Galadriel55 08-05-2011 07:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bom Tombadillo (Post 659983)
. .. My god. Since I don't recall seeing this is the rules (and if anybody's asked about it, I've forgotten), are reveals allowed in this game (they're probably not, because the odds that nobody else has caught this are ridiculous, but you never know)? Because if they are . . .

I'm quite sure that you aren't allowed to state outright that you're the KD. Even though fake reveals make things interesting, it's just too easy a path to take to just say "I'm the KD and these are the Forgers so lynch them".

I remember this because a few months ago I asked if saying "my name is Katey Dawson" (or something of that sort) will be considered "outright"... :D

Folwren 08-05-2011 08:03 PM

Hm. You know, I considered putting that as a rule, but then thought not, but now...yeah...you're right. That would completely ruin the point of the game, wouldn't it?

Note to all - it is being added to the rules that reveals are NOT allowed in this game.

-- Folwren

Lhunardawen 08-05-2011 08:47 PM

I'm sorry, Foley, but I won't be able to commit to this game. You can blame that thing they call school. Thanks for your invitation, anyway. Happy modding (and happy trying to kill each other, players)! :D

Nerwen 08-06-2011 07:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Folwren (Post 659986)
Hm. You know, I considered putting that as a rule, but then thought not, but now...yeah...you're right. That would completely ruin the point of the game, wouldn't it?

Note to all - it is being added to the rules that reveals are NOT allowed in this game.

*cough* There is a certain player on the list who has proven herself very good at revealing in a not-really-doing-it kind of way. May I suggest you add an extra clause along the lines of "'Reveal' includes obvious hinting; exact definition of 'obvious' to be determined by me as I see fit"?

And may I also suggest this be known in future as the "Sally Rule"?

–What? Oh, no reason...:smokin:

satansaloser2005 08-06-2011 07:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nerwen (Post 660007)
*cough* There is a certain player on the list who has proven herself very good at revealing in a not-really-doing-it kind of way. May I suggest you add an extra clause along the lines of "'Reveal' includes obvious hinting; exact definition of 'obvious' to be determined by me as I see fit"?

And may I also suggest this be known in future as the "Sally Rule"?

–What? Oh, no reason...:smokin:

You're just jealous that I'm a close friend of the royal family. :Merisu:

And I'll point out that my last game had plenty of people doing that who weren't me, thanks. Perhaps we should just make it "the sweet princes and sweeter desserts" rule? ;)

Folwren 08-06-2011 08:00 AM

Quite honestly, I thought that was obvious.

It will just ruin the game if there are reveals like that. Won't it be sufficient if the players realize that and play accordingly?

-- Foley

Finduilas 08-06-2011 09:02 PM

Still in need of players? I'll join in.

Folwren 08-07-2011 09:23 AM

Yes, we still need players. Welcome.

Kitanna 08-07-2011 07:30 PM

I won't be joining this game.