The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum (http://forum.barrowdowns.com/index.php)
-   Middle-earth Mirth (http://forum.barrowdowns.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Tol-in-Gaurhoth (Isle of Werewolves) (http://forum.barrowdowns.com/showthread.php?t=11911)

Kitanna 12-15-2005 11:48 AM

I was going to pick beta wolf as my role, but since morm has already chosen that one I'll pick the wolf-god Fenris because that was the second role that came to mind.

Also this game is starting Saturday isn't it? Because I'm going home for the first time in five months on Saturday so that day and Sunday I probably won't make more than one or two posts. I apologize in advance for that, but family first.

mormegil 12-15-2005 11:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kitanna
I was going to pick beta wolf as my role, but since morm has already chosen that one I'll pick the wolf-god Fenris because that was the second role that came to mind.

No I thought it would be fun to be a beta wolf though I can't imagine me doing it. So by all means take that role, it would be rather fun for me to have yet another person with whom I can be crabby. ;)

Oddwen 12-15-2005 01:02 PM

Hmm...Christmas and Christmas Eve are out for me, and if the game goes past the first of Jan., I'll be non-postal.

Meneltarmacil 12-15-2005 01:38 PM

Okay! Thanks for including me. However, if the game goes past Christmas, feel free to lynch me then as I cannot post from then until the 29th.

Formendacil 12-15-2005 02:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Anguirel
Oh, and how to people feel about Nights (ie Days) starting and ending at 2:00pm GMT/7:00pm EST?

Same time then as our last game...

Worked well enough for me!

Boromir88 12-15-2005 02:48 PM

Quote:

And there was me thinking that you would be a Wily Coyote ...
Haha, but if I was a Coyote (especially a Wily one) I would just be the pack soccerball. :p

Quote:

Mithalwen??? (I hope so ) (Me too...)-
Me three. :D

7 EST worked well for me last time. The only thing is now, I'm going to have trouble switching around the talk, talking like a wolf and going after the heroes, instead of vice versa. But it will be fun reverse roles.

Kath 12-15-2005 04:39 PM

Umm, isn't EST behind GMT? So if it were 7:00pm EST then it would be 12 midnight that days would start and end GMT?

mormegil 12-15-2005 04:42 PM

Kath I see your point but I believe that Ang meant 2AM GMT. I could be wrong but London is currently 5 hours ahead of EST.

Kath 12-15-2005 04:44 PM

Indeed. 7+5=12 no? I know I'm bad at maths but not that bad! :rolleyes: Either way it doesn't matter, I just wanted to know the end time because I tend to be quite close to the end on the voting sometimes.

Cailín 12-15-2005 04:50 PM

Quote:

Oh, and how to people feel about Nights (ie Days) starting and ending at 2:00pm GMT/7:00pm EST?
Was just about to say fine times but impossible - but Kath was there first!

If it is indeed 2AM GMT you meant to say, as Mormegil seems to think, I'd have to mutter weakly in protest.

mormegil 12-15-2005 04:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kath
Indeed. 7+5=12 no? I know I'm bad at maths but not that bad! :rolleyes: Either way it doesn't matter, I just wanted to know the end time because I tend to be quite close to the end on the voting sometimes.

Must you embarass me in front of everybody?

That's what happens when you post before you think. I will stop assuming what Anguirel meant and leave it to him.

Kath 12-15-2005 05:02 PM

Sorry morm :D

Glirdan 12-15-2005 05:36 PM

The time is actually perfect for me. Since this is perfect for a village of Werewolves, I'll be a butcher!!!! :D :p

So, do you have an aproxamation of when we'll be starting?

AbercrombieOfRohan 12-15-2005 07:38 PM

Saucie, maybe you'll be able to be a werewolf in this game!

And, will there still be "lynchings"? Or will it now be "maulings" (of some variation)?

The Saucepan Man 12-15-2005 07:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AbercrombieOfRohan
Saucie, maybe you'll be able to be a werewolf in this game!

Indeed, the thought had occurred to me that this could well be my first chance to be a Wolf ... :rolleyes: ;)

Rune Son of Bjarne 12-15-2005 08:42 PM

Just so you know. . .

Well 2 am GMT is fine by me, as long as you guys understand that I might have to go to bed before 2 am once or twice, allthough it is not likely to happen.

I am on GMT +1 wich means that days/nights will end/start at 3 am, but I am usually still up at that time.

AbercrombieOfRohan 12-15-2005 08:42 PM

Though perhaps, for irony's sake, it's best if you remain a villager. :p

Farael 12-16-2005 12:05 AM

Pretty much any time will be alright for me as I WROTE MY LAST EXAM!! (for this term at least) which means that I can (and will) stay up until odd hours in the morning for no special reason. It is possible that on the 25th I will not be around for most of the day, but it seems no one will... My friends and I are having our soon to become traditional Christmas snow football game but besides the 25th I'll most likely be here.

I'm looking forward for my first werewolf game already! Be nice guys, don't linch me too soon!!

Lhunardawen 12-16-2005 12:49 AM

Hmm... 2 AM GMT...and I'm on GMT +8...that means 10 AM my time...

The worst that could possibly happen is that I will always vote way ahead of everyone, and before any "meaty" discussion takes place. There's no way I'm waking up before 10 on days like these! :p

But if that's 2 PM GMT...well, most of the discussion will still happen while I'm asleep but at least I'll vote much later after them.

But I'm okay with either, actually. I'm used to taking hits (partly) because of my weird time zone... :(

Anguirel 12-16-2005 02:11 AM

Oh God, I knew I was going to mess this time thing up. You know, I am a holder of an A* Maths GCSE by the skin of my teeth, and I can't count to save my nine lives.

2:00 pm GMT, 9:00 am EST (I think??)

By the way, Lalaith, I noticed your vocabularial clarification and are you sure you don't want to hop on board? Even if I'm not strictly speaking a player, Werewolf won't seem the same without you...I'll happily break the 17 rule.

All players now have public roles, but I'll just give Lalaith some time to be tempted, and everyone else a chance to declare that my time is non-existent, again...

Mithalwen 12-16-2005 07:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Saucepan Man
Indeed, the thought had occurred to me that this could well be my first chance to be a Wolf ... :rolleyes: ;)

Ah but maybe even when everyone is a wolf you won't be......

Lalaith 12-16-2005 07:11 AM

(rehash of PM to Ang) - although I'd vowed, for everyone's sake, never to go near a werewolf game again after the Shamville debacle, I was sorely tempted to join Ang's. Holiday-related reasons alas prevent me... :(

Mithalwen 12-16-2005 07:17 AM

Now I have got myself in to it..I guess I had better sort out my character... I imagine a female wolf of a certain age ... marlene dietrich meets Lilian Bellamy en route to Norma Desmond... now what is the wolf equivalent of a gin and tonic?

Lalaith 12-16-2005 07:34 AM

Hehe. I think Lilian Bellamy would make a marvellous werewolf....from now on, I shall never think of her in any other way.

The Saucepan Man 12-16-2005 08:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AoR
Though perhaps, for irony's sake, it's best if you remain a villager.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mith
Ah but maybe even when everyone is a wolf you won't be......

The irony of that situation, should it occur, would most certainly not escape me.

2pm GMT suits me fine.

Just to be sure, we are taking a 2 day break over Christmas Day/Boxing Day, aren't we?

mormegil 12-16-2005 08:17 AM

I'm probably the furthest player west and it will be 7AM which should work fine though there may be nights where I vote earlier than normal.

Now when do you think we will get roles and actually start? I'm getting anxious. :p

Mithalwen 12-16-2005 10:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lalaith
Hehe. I think Lilian Bellamy would make a marvellous werewolf....from now on, I shall never think of her in any other way.

She is rather feline though.. Lynda Snell now is definitely lupine - think of the afghans.... but she is not an alpha female - aspirational beta.. ;)

Anguirel 12-16-2005 01:22 PM

I'm just about to dispatch roles. Ooo the suspense...

Formendacil 12-16-2005 01:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mormegil
I'm probably the furthest player west and it will be 7AM which should work fine though there may be nights where I vote earlier than normal.

Now when do you think we will get roles and actually start? I'm getting anxious. :p

Same timezone thing going on here... Don't maul us just because we're asleep!

Mithalwen 12-16-2005 02:25 PM

It would be helpful to know the start time too so I can plan my weekend.......

Anguirel 12-16-2005 02:26 PM

Everyone should now have their real role. I'll probably post the thread early tomorrow due to something coming up later in the day, not that it matters too much, I hope.

Mith-thread will be up 8-9:00 tomorrow morning I think.

Mithalwen 12-16-2005 02:37 PM

But that will be - oh this is confusing a Day phase (ie no posting)? Or are we looking at a vote closing at 2 pm Sunday?

Anguirel 12-17-2005 02:38 AM

Sorry to reply so late. We'll begin with a Night phase which acts as a Day, ending with a lynching (devouring) 2pm Sunday. You'll see...

Anguirel 12-17-2005 03:56 AM

I've made rather a pig's ear of this. I want to get the game going quickly, so I'm allowing the Seer a dream and the wolves a chance to PM until 2:00 pm GMT today-IE it'll be a much shorter Day phase than would be usual-and then we'll have our first Night discussion after my death, ending at 2:00pm GMT tomorrow. So it goes:

Now to 2:00 pm-quick Day (Night in normal werewolf terminology)

2:00pm today-2:00 pm tomorrow-Night discussion

I'll write something to this effect on the new thread.

Mithalwen 12-17-2005 10:58 AM

Oh bother ....... I have just got this message and I don't know if I will be able to get online again before 2pm tomorrow ........ argghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh .... last minute family stuff .........

Cailín 12-17-2005 11:19 AM

Well I'm not really in charge but for the newbies and extremely forgetful...

I can still see some of you! Please make sure you are on invisible mode.

Thanks ;)

Farael 12-17-2005 12:25 PM

Alright, just for your information I shall leave in five minutes (check the time of this post) and I should be back in about five hours... but it might take longer. I'm volunteering so keep that in mind before lynching me! =P I'm being nice.... I mean bad! I'm being bad, for we werewolves are evil!! yes, that is it, I'm voluntarily attacking a village, of course... :rolleyes:

Kath 12-17-2005 06:14 PM

I'm a little confused due to what I'm seeing as early votes. Does this time period end at 2AM or 2PM. As in, does it end two hours from now or 14 hours from now?

Rune Son of Bjarne 12-17-2005 07:01 PM

pokkers osse

Hey I miss understood when we were starting thats why I have not postet yet. I am very sorry guys, I hope you can find it in your hearts to forgive me.

Well I will go post now.

Cailín 12-18-2005 03:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kath
I'm a little confused due to what I'm seeing as early votes. Does this time period end at 2AM or 2PM. As in, does it end two hours from now or 14 hours from now?

I'm pretty sure it's 2PM. :)