The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum (http://forum.barrowdowns.com/index.php)
-   Middle-earth Mirth (http://forum.barrowdowns.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Admin Thread for WWLXX: At the Prison of Ice (http://forum.barrowdowns.com/showthread.php?t=15986)

Mithalwen 12-07-2009 07:22 AM

Danger: Alpha female.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thinlómien (Post 617877)
Nah, Anguirel is the honourable founder of the organisation, Mith is the current chair-person and I'm just a bossy type random member. ;)

Anguirel is the original Fenris wolf and he named our order at my behest. There is no committee ergo I am not its chairman. It is far simpler than that.

Mnemosyne 12-07-2009 10:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mithalwen (Post 618241)
Not. You were not lynched on Day One. The fact that noone was is irrelevant. A vote was made.

That's okay. I just wanted to get the opinion of someone who 1). wasn't actually in the game, and 2). who at least had the semblances of authority on the matter.

Mithalwen 12-07-2009 11:54 AM

It is *searches for appropriate comparison" a err federal matter and so not in a mod's jurisdiction much as I otherwise champion the divine rights of mods.
And I don't have the semblances of authority, I am the authority unless the King should return.....:Merisu:

Don't you just love the "It's my ball and I'm going home now" school of arguments. :D

satansaloser2005 12-07-2009 11:59 AM

*snickers*

This is almost more fun than the actual game thread.:rolleyes:

Thinlómien 12-09-2009 05:11 PM

In case I'm alive on next Day (Day6?), don't expect too much participation from me! I'm going to spend the weekend on a friend's (Aganzir's, actually ;)) summer cottage. I have a laptop and a portable internet, but my portable internet has been working rather erratically for the last week so I'm not sure if it will work, and even if it does, then I can't spend too much time online or my friends will kill me...

satansaloser2005 12-10-2009 08:31 AM

So much internet trouble. I'm not sure if I'll be on much more toDay, but I'll read over the thread and see what I can do in the next few minutes.

Legate of Amon Lanc 12-11-2009 03:01 PM

Special Event: Sacrificial Chamber

In case anybody was starting to think that there is too little adrenaline in this game nowadays, here comes the second special event.

You have been all locked in the sacrificial chamber. It is necessary that you sacrifice one of your own to open the door and get out of the place, otherwise you all die here without oxygen. After you get out, though, you will lynch one person as usual. That means technically two "lynches" toDay.

In addition to the normal lynch vote, you get the chance to vote somebody for sacrifice toDay. Each player has one sacrifice vote. The vote is cast similarly to the normal one, but highlighted (you highlight a piece of text by writing [ highlight ]THE TEXT YOU ARE HIGHLIGHTING[ /highlight ] without spaces inside the brackets), like this:

++sacrifice Legate of Amon Lanc

You can choose not to cast your lynch vote for toDay, if you wish, and instead cast only your sacrifice vote (it both counts as if you have voted toDay for the purposes of having to vote). You can even choose to go for no-lynch toDay and only for the sacrifice, by voting thus:

++no lynch

just as if you were voting for a person. If there are more "no lynch" votes in total than lynch votes for any other person, no lynch is going to be made. (But the same cannot be done for sacrifice.)

The votes are in absolutely no relation to each other, i.e. it is like two totally separate lynches going on at the same time, not influencing each other at all. If the same person is voted for both sacrifice and lynch, he/she is going to be sacrificed (sacrifice takes priority) and the second person with the most lynch votes is going to be lynched (it can even be a "no lynch"). If there are lynch votes only for one person (if the voting was unambiguous) and the person is sacrificed first, there will be also no lynch (as there are no other votes).

Otherwise, sacrifice works like a normal "lynch".

EXAMPLE

Frodo, Sam and Gollum are the three last players who have not placed any of their votes on Day 7 yet. Sam has already 1 lynch vote and Gollum has 1 lynch vote, Gollum and Frodo have also 1 sacrifice vote each.

LYNCH: Sam (1), Gollum (1). Left to vote: Frodo, Sam, Gollum.
SACRIFICE: Gollum (1), Frodo (1). Left to vote: Frodo, Sam, Gollum.

Gollum votes to sacrifice Frodo, who has now 2 sacrifice votes, but when it comes to lynching, he does not think Sam is guilty, and he does not want to vote for himself (obviously).So he votes for "no lynch".

LYNCH: Sam (1), Gollum (1), no lynch (1). Left to vote: Frodo, Sam.
SACRIFICE: Frodo (2), Gollum (1). Left to vote: Frodo, Sam.

Frodo is fed up with Gollum, so he votes to lynch him and also to sacrifice him. That puts Gollum in the lead in lynching, but Frodo is still in lead for sacrifice, as he was the first one to achieve the highest number of votes.

LYNCH: Gollum (2), Sam (1), no lynch (1). Left to vote: Sam.
SACRIFICE: Frodo (2), Gollum (2). Left to vote: Sam.

Sam wants to get rid of Gollum, but he does not want to lose Frodo. So he votes to sacrifice Gollum, thus putting him in the lead. In this case, Gollum would be sacrificed, but Sam, having the second most votes for lynching, would be lynched. So he votes for "no lynch", making "no lynch" the second option after Gollum, who is sacrificed and so he cannot be lynched. Because of that, "no lynch" is "lynched" instead of Gollum - so no lynch is actually made toDay.

If there are still any questions, you may ask them here or PM them to me.

Legate of Amon Lanc 12-12-2009 03:32 PM

Sorry for the late posting of DL, I got sidetracked (my cousin's dog just died and I completely forgot about WW even though during the last few hours I was basically only waiting for the clock as the outcome seemed clear already). But as you can see, for those of you who live, the game's not over yet and you have a nice Night now and can look forward to the following Day ;)

Roa_Aoife 12-12-2009 03:35 PM

Psst... Bes is male.....

*goes back to being dead*

Legate of Amon Lanc 12-12-2009 03:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Roa_Aoife (Post 619223)
Psst... Bes is male.....

*goes back to being dead*

Ugh! Father Frost take it!

I know it (probably longer than most of the players) but forgot it. Thanks :) *goes to edit*

Pitchwife 12-12-2009 03:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Legate of Amon Lanc (Post 619222)
my cousin's dog just died and I completely forgot about WW

So would I have. Hope s/he didn't have to suffer long. Heartfelt condolences!
*sinks back into his grave*

satansaloser2005 12-12-2009 03:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pitchwife (Post 619225)

What he said.

*doesn't sink into a grave, but rather into Bed*

Legate of Amon Lanc 12-12-2009 04:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pitchwife (Post 619225)

Thanks (both). But nay, but he was an old dog, they've had him for long (13 years). He was fun, but he has really seen a lot...

Anyway, you people'd better sharpen your minds... or those who are dead prepare your cheerleading slogans... for toMorrow... :)

satansaloser2005 12-12-2009 04:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Legate of Amon Lanc (Post 619229)
Thanks (both). But nay, but he was an old dog, they've had him for long (13 years). He was fun, but he has really seen a lot...

Anyway, you people'd better sharpen your minds... or those who are dead prepare your cheerleading slogans... for toMorrow... :)

I don't suppose there's a chance of starting toMorrow early, is there? Prolong the agony of End Game? ;)

Legate of Amon Lanc 12-12-2009 04:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by satansaloser2005 (Post 619232)
I don't suppose there's a chance of starting toMorrow early, is there? Prolong the agony of End Game? ;)

No, no, we will start normally, also because Lommy is away from city now and coming back only later tomorrow... or actually today... by our time... anyway, let's just keep the schedule normally as it is. You get to take a long deep breath before Day 8 :)

So now all hush, hush and into your beds, children. ToMorrow will come.

satansaloser2005 12-13-2009 07:52 AM

By the way, by all accounts I won't be around much toMorrow. I won't have the internet at work (or so I assume) so I'll have to vote either extremely early or over my lunch hour, which I likely won't get tomorrow. I'll do what I can but wanted to give the heads up just in case.

*toddles off*

satansaloser2005 12-13-2009 03:26 PM

Nooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

*weeps*

On the plus side I've had fun. I'll be waiting to see how it turns out.

Shastanis Althreduin 12-13-2009 04:12 PM

And after all that...

*disbelief*

satansaloser2005 12-13-2009 04:13 PM

Well that was anti-climactic. :(

EDIT: x'd with Shasta

ETA

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nerwen (Post 619302)
Well, come now, did you expect me to vote Morsul?

We'd all appreciate it. ;)

Shastanis Althreduin 12-13-2009 04:25 PM

Notice - Whenever I'm a Gifted, the innocents lose, but I'm always successful in my Gift. (and no, Cobblerism doesn't count.)

Loslote 12-13-2009 04:25 PM

Quote:

Did you know the ghosts of Sally and Shasta have been watching over us, and are gnashing their teeth on the admin thread?
They're not the only ones. *waits eagerly for the narration*

EDIT: xed with Shasta

Legate of Amon Lanc 12-13-2009 04:26 PM

Okay folks, dead or alive, you can come and discuss here :)

There will be of course a closing narration coming up yet on the game thread... and a formal announcement of the winner(s), of course :)

Nienna 12-13-2009 04:27 PM

Epic Fail.

But nicely played, wolves. When I died and I found out who the remaining wolves were I was like "oh they will win... no one suspects them"

and I'd just like to apologize to Lommy and Wilwa for suspecting you heavily without apparent cause.

Good game everyone!

Shastanis Althreduin 12-13-2009 04:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Loslote (Post 619311)
They're not the only ones. *waits eagerly for the narration*

EDIT: xed with Shasta

Hi, Lottie. Sorry I couldn't keep you alive. Me and Sally tried, though. :(

Shastanis Althreduin 12-13-2009 04:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nienna (Post 619313)
Epic Fail.

++Nienna for Representative

satansaloser2005 12-13-2009 04:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shastanis Althreduin (Post 619310)
Notice - Whenever I'm a Gifted, the innocents lose, but I'm always successful in my Gift. (and no, Cobblerism doesn't count.)

I know. Believe me, I know. ;)

So let me get this straight. We Fenris (sort of) one wolf, the seer dreams another, the hunter takes the third with him, and we still lose? Less than two hours into the Day? I'm sorely, repeat, sorely disappointed.

By the way, Nerwen, nice job killing me. I'd self-protected the Night before but was hoping I'd be confident enough you'd assume I was doing it last Night. Alas, it didn't work, much to my surprise and chagrin.

Still...."very very very unhappy."

Shasta, I may have a song for you, but it'll have to wait a couple days most likely.

Loslote 12-13-2009 04:28 PM

Yes, I saw. And I just knew you two had to be the Gifteds. Great game. :p

EDIT: xed with Shasta and Sally.

Nerwen 12-13-2009 04:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by satansaloser2005 (Post 619301)
Well that was anti-climactic. :(

It was, actually. I was expecting to have to put up much more of a fight.

Shastanis Althreduin 12-13-2009 04:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sally
We Fenris (sort of) one wolf, the seer dreams another, the hunter takes the third with him, and we still lose?

Fixed bolding.

Shastanis Althreduin 12-13-2009 04:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nerwen (Post 619318)
It was, actually. I was expecting to have to put up much more of a fight.

It's fine, queen of my heart. I still love you. ;) When someone hands you the game on a silver platter, you'd have to be an idiot not to take it, and an idiot you're not.

satansaloser2005 12-13-2009 04:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nienna (Post 619313)
Epic Fail.

Ditto.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shastanis Althreduin (Post 619315)
++Nienna for Representative

Again, ditto.

Thinlómien 12-13-2009 04:34 PM

Like I said, it really seems that
1. innocents never win anymore
2. I never win anymore

:(

Sort of depressing.

My apologies to Nienna and Brinn, and Wilwa too! Slight apologies to Lottie too, but then again, I still think lynching her was sort of reasonable.

And congrats to Bes for fooling me quite nicely, btw. :)

Nerwen 12-13-2009 04:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by satansaloser2005 (Post 619316)
By the way, Nerwen, nice job killing me. I'd self-protected the Night before but was hoping I'd be confident enough you'd assume I was doing it last Night. Alas, it didn't work, much to my surprise and chagrin.

Ah, but I guessed that's what you were trying to make me think.;)

(Mind you, I had my heart in my mouth waiting for toDay's DL, I can tell you.)

Kudos to you and Shasta for hiding in plain sight so well. We all talked a lot about who the gifteds might be, but I don't think your names got mentioned except in passing.

Shastanis Althreduin 12-13-2009 04:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nerwen (Post 619327)

Kudos to you and Shasta for hiding in plain sight so well. We all talked a lot about who the gifteds might be, but I don't think your names got mentioned except in passing.

Seeing the PMs of those nights might be rather fun... :)

Nerwen 12-13-2009 04:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shastanis Althreduin (Post 619323)
It's fine, queen of my heart. I still love you. ;) When someone hands you the game on a silver platter, you'd have to be an idiot not to take it, and an idiot you're not.

Why thank you, emperor of my soul.

Wilt thou kindly explain this to the whale expert, who seems a trifle chagrined?

satansaloser2005 12-13-2009 04:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nerwen (Post 619327)

Yes, well, when I ended up dead and found out it was you that didn't surprise me. I actually had thought, "You know, this will work on anyone left but Nerwen. I sure hope she's not the last one, or I'm in trouble."

Funnily enough, I protected Morsul. :rolleyes::p

And yes please on the PMs. Shasta and I did a lot of business by IM and even phone, so we can't share everything sadly.

Nerwen 12-13-2009 04:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shastanis Althreduin (Post 619328)
Seeing the PMs of those nights might be rather fun... :)

I don't think I saved the earlier Nights. I'll have a look.

satansaloser2005 12-13-2009 04:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thinlómien (Post 619319)
Btw I have a slight feeling of déjŕ vu, last game I played innocent Sally voted me fatally rather out of the blue on the last Day and the village lost also... Like I told someone on msn, I shouldn't really be left alive for the last Day, I'm too much of a hazard for innocents... ;)

Erm, no I didn't. Well, I did but not at the beginning of the Day. I was tricked by the nasty wolfiekinses, I didn't pull out the white flag for all the world to see. Apples and oranges, my pet, apples and oranges. (Although I was horribly cross with myself for it nonetheless.)

Thinlómien 12-13-2009 04:45 PM

Meh, I'm not chagrined at you, Nerwen, not at all. You were just too good for me first and then used your opportunity smartly. :) I'm more chagrined at werewolf in general, a bit at myself and a bit at Morsul. ;) But it will pass... don't worry. :D

satansaloser2005 12-13-2009 04:49 PM

Numbers?

satansaloser2005 182
Shastanis Althreduin 117

Nogrod 109
Thinlómien 98
Boromir88 82
Morsul the Dark 69
Macalaure 63
Loslote 61
Nerwen 55
Pitchwife 48

Eomer of the Rohirrim 37
Nienna 32
Legate of Amon Lanc 32
Mnemosyne 32
Brinniel 28
Bes 25
wilwarin538 25
Inziladun 24
A Little Green 20
Roa_Aoife 18
tromkehra 5

As I said, Shasta, one pretty darn quiet wolf. (Of the ones left when I made that statement, in fact both of the quiet ones were wolves.)

I suspected Bes pretty quickly but of course "he was just being new" so we couldn't lynch him, alas. Nerwen did very well, though this again proves reverse psychology, as she was a wolf and I barely suspected her.

And now I must go. Fare thee well until my return, dear village.