The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum (http://forum.barrowdowns.com/index.php)
-   The Barrow-Downs (http://forum.barrowdowns.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Know Yer Mates, or a Member Above Ye (http://forum.barrowdowns.com/showthread.php?t=11039)

Rinfanawen 08-14-2004 06:31 PM

Kuruharan is obviously obsessed with Dwarves, I think would become one if had the chance, and, according to the signature, is reading the same chapter that I am on at the present moment in LOTR.

Imladris 08-14-2004 06:43 PM

Hunt for the Last Palantir is Rinfanawen's first RPG.

Fordim Hedgethistle 08-14-2004 07:48 PM

Imladris loves cats in a way that is almost uncanny, in that he is actually able to think like a cat. He is also easily flattered by rep points (give him some and find out).

Saraphim 08-14-2004 08:23 PM

Fordim Hedgethistle is a professor whose students think he looks nothing like Indiana Jones. At this year's Downs birthday celebration he came as a balrog who was confused as to whether or not he had wings.

He also has an insanly high rating.

Lhunardawen 08-14-2004 08:30 PM

Saraphim's name means "flemming spirit" (according to Nilpaurion Felagund). :D She is a member of the Nearsighted Elves Society.

Wait, you're a she, aren't you?

Morsul the Dark 08-14-2004 08:34 PM

Faramir is Lhuns favorite charactor
and her CS teacher is a lotr fan
and she has thought about sneaking onto the downs during class

Lhunardawen 08-14-2004 08:45 PM

(Faramir is just one of my faves, another being the one in my avatar. And it was my CS teacher the previous year who is a fan- she's not my teacher anymore, but of course you wouldn't know that. :) And I have successfully sneaked into the Downs in class...last Monday to be exact. :D )

Please do Morsul next...

Saraphim 08-14-2004 08:54 PM

Lhunardawen: Yes, I am. :D

Continue with Morsul!

The Perky Ent 08-14-2004 09:24 PM

Morsul makes a living as a Balrog trainer!

Evisse the Blue 08-15-2004 06:17 AM

Perky invented the term Downsalholic. He's Jewish, one of his old avatars was a snowman and he practically lives in the Quiz Room. When he first came to the Downs he was very impressed with Finwe and still keeps in touch with her.

Firefoot 08-15-2004 06:43 AM

Evisse wants to go visit Tolkien's grave sometime, but does not know when she will ever be able to do it. She would prefer to do it in the nighttime. Though she does not stalk anyone in particular, she stalks many and various people, and anyone could be a target. She does not like it when you put the dots (ë) over her name.

Aylwen Dreamsong 08-15-2004 07:41 AM

Firefoot's birthday is on September 28th. Firefoot also received a personal title quicker than anyone I've seen in a while! Or maybe I'm missing someone...

Kransha 08-15-2004 08:00 AM

Aylwen Dreamsong is, as best as I can tell, a Marylander, a guitarist, and a very talented writer for her age. She runs an Inn in the Rohan Forum and has a title that both intrigues and depresses me...She also likes 'The Phantom Tollbooth,' or so I surmise (a conclusion I'm jumping to).

Now, what do you people know about me?

P.S. For the record. SH0RT3ST P05T 3VAR!!!1!!!

Fordim Hedgethistle 08-15-2004 08:29 AM

Kransha is an amateur actor who prefers Shakespearean roles, in particular the villains or the clowns. He has facial hair that he thinks is fetching, but he freely admits that others find it a little silly. His username, and indeed his account on the BD, is really his younger brother's from whom he stole it. Kransha lives in Virginia but was born in Russia; he speaks a bit of Russian still but would like to return to the motherland to learn the lingo a bit better.

He enjoys being evil, and is prone to the vice of envy.

Child of the 7th Age 08-15-2004 09:24 AM

Mater Fordim joined the Downs in February and has since been quite active on the site, notably in Books and the Shire. He recently taught a course on Tolkien and wrote an essay some years ago on the female characters in LotR: this shows that he has good judgement in his choice of topics. He has read and enjoyed the Narnia tales and knows David Lyle Jeffrey, a scholar who did a study on Tolkien as philologist. His first character on the Downs was a crotchety old hobbit, which seemed to fit his personality quite well. I could swear he said that he had a child. If I am mistaken in this latter "fact", I offer my apologies.

Mithalwen 08-15-2004 11:17 AM

The Child of the 7th age has experienced some of the best and worst aspects of living in England (on balance I think the museums, libraries etc won out against the plumbing!!!?) This may be too subjective but I feel that the term "still waters run deep" could have been coined for her... :)

Gil-Galad 08-15-2004 02:48 PM

Mithwalen has a slight obsessity with rain and water-related things (profile)

InklingElf 08-15-2004 03:06 PM

Gild-galad must be fed a dwarf before he implodes into insanity. He apparently has taken a liking to boxing people with his avatar -- I can't even see what it really is!

Morsul the Dark 08-15-2004 06:28 PM

Inkling was born on Wpril 16, 1989

likes skipping stones

Likes star Trek
and she studies the arts

Sirithheruwen 08-15-2004 06:35 PM

Morsul enjoys the thought of being a giant floating black M.

His one interest is Middle-earth domination.

Feanor of the Peredhil 08-15-2004 06:42 PM

Sirith is a fan of the "Edge Chronicles", is fluent in Igpay Atinlay, loves all accents not her own, and owns black flipflops and bunny slippers.

Fea

Lhunardawen 08-16-2004 12:29 AM

Feanor of the Peredhil will be celebrating her birthday this Wednesday! Advanced happy birthday, Fea! :) She (yes, our fiery Halfelf is a female) joined the Downs on February 12 last year. She is one of the few who have chosen to use their pics as an avatar, and, if I may so, I find her pretty. :)

Nilpaurion Felagund 08-16-2004 12:36 AM

Feanor of the Peredhil

She recently used her photo as an avatar. And she really wants a kilt.

Morsul the Dark 08-16-2004 12:47 AM

well since we have two people posting Ill take care of both of you

Lhun birthday January 4, 1989

she feels sorry for Hurin

NP

birthday September 16 1986

and likes legos(hey who doesnt?)

The Only Real Estel 08-16-2004 09:55 AM

Morsul saw Van Helsing 7 times in the theater & he thinks that Star Wars is annoyingly boring & makes little or no sense.

p.s. why am i always doing you, morsul? O_o

Lindolirian 08-16-2004 10:17 AM

Quote:

why am i always doing you, morsul?
Because Morsul's posts per day are now up to 11.27!

The Only Real Estel makes me wonder where the fake one ever was...:eek: :D

Mithalwen 08-16-2004 10:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gil-Galad
Mithwalen has a slight obsessity with rain and water-related things (profile)

I am Anglo-Celtic - The bad press the British weather gets isn't entirely undeserved - it is mid august and I left the house wearing winter shoes and swathed in wool and goretex - :(

Sorry back to Lindolirian..... who likes quizzes ~(a lot as a glance at his posting history shows) and eating (mutton?) and I would like to second the opinion that he has a splendid avatar :)

Lindolirian 08-16-2004 10:27 AM

Actually, I've never had mutton, but Bert's Mutton Eatery sounds funny. Yes, quizzing is about 99% of what I do here. :) ;)

Mithalwen 08-16-2004 10:28 AM

Sorry I will edit ... mutton is hard to get these days but it can be very good.....

Sapphire_Flame 08-16-2004 12:31 PM

Mithalwen posts 2.48 times per day (half a post?) and occupies her time by being a rain-goddess.

(Couldn't possibly send some rain my way, could you? ;))

Abedithon le,

~ Saphy ~

The Perky Ent 08-16-2004 02:39 PM

Sapphire_Flame's post count is 1.54

As for the two decimals, it's just digits. I think it's the number of posts divided by the days you've been a member!

Firefoot 08-16-2004 02:46 PM

Perky is a spaz (according to his profile), likes sushi (no comment ;) :p), likes reading, and celebrated his 2000th post in the Seekers of Truth Discussion thread. (Congrats!)

The Perky Ent 08-16-2004 02:50 PM

OCC: Thank you! And BTW, sushi is awesome! How dare you besmirch the name of sushi

Do Firefoot not me!

Morsul the Dark 08-16-2004 02:59 PM

Firefoot
likes fire...posts 8.15 times a day,,,born on septemer 28 and is hard to find info on

Kransha 08-16-2004 03:24 PM

Heavens, I'm really fascinated by this thread. Never have my posts been so short and come in such rapid succession.
  • Morsul's name means 'Black Wind' in Sindarin
    He created the Burzenyd...which I think are corrupted Ents...or Balrogs
    He's more powerful than both Sauron and Morgoth
    He's incredibly evil, though maybe not as evil as me *maniacal laughter follows
    He once yelled a Black Speech warcry at a classmate of his who dissed LotR
    His avatar is 'tres avant-garde'

Morsul the Dark 08-16-2004 03:32 PM

burzenyd means dark ent
what does "tres avant-garde" mean?

do Kransha

Imladris 08-16-2004 03:49 PM

Kransha, judging from various references and his sig, likes Shakespeare and considers himself evil (profile).

tar-ancalime 08-16-2004 04:24 PM

Imladris thinks the moderators on the 'Downs are doing a great job. This is a clever position to take, as Imladris is in fact a moderator, on the fan fiction site.

Imladris 08-16-2004 05:00 PM

Off topic comment: Ah, but I wasn't talking about the Fan Fiction site. I was talking about the mods on this site... ;)

Please do tar-ancalime next.

Rinfanawen 08-16-2004 06:55 PM

Tar-ancalime is a "Cheeky British Barrowdowner", has a deep interest in the land of Numenor, and for some reason has found herself lying inside of a cow on several occasions.
(You have no clue how much searching I had to do to gain that info.)

P.S. Oh, and might I add, Morsul, I think you have switched avatars faster than anyone I have seen on the Downs. It seemed just before I went to writing this that you had some sort of shield, I think, up. But I like your "M" nonetheless.