The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum (http://forum.barrowdowns.com/index.php)
-   Middle-earth Mirth (http://forum.barrowdowns.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   The Valley Forge - WW LXXXVII - Admin Thread (http://forum.barrowdowns.com/showthread.php?t=17146)

Folwren 05-16-2011 07:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Inziladun (Post 654926)
Sally's game is finished, with a wicked victory for the evil side.

Oh, indeed? Well tell everyone to flock on over here, then.

Nerwen 05-16-2011 07:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kuruharan (Post 654923)
So when I first saw this thread I thought it was going to be British werewolves infiltrating the Continental Army encampment in the winter of 1777-1778, which isn't of a great deal of interest to me.

But, being bored today, I decided to read it for the chuckle value of seeing how the above scenario fitted into Tolkien and lo and behold it is about dwarves...which makes it awesome! :D

Actually, I think the first scenario would be awesome, too.:D

Quote:

Originally Posted by Folwren (Post 654924)
As a matter of fact, as it was not lifting off the ground at a very fast rate, Sally suggested that she go ahead and run her game, and that is what has happened. I have not checked up on her game, so I don't know how close it is to being finished yet, but I'll let you know. Maybe you will be able to play.

Sally's game is finished, Foley.

I must warn you, though, that there was a high drop-out rate– a lot of people still seem to be very busy right now.

EDIT:X'd with Zil and Folwren.

Galadriel55 05-16-2011 07:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Folwren (Post 654924)
I have not checked up on her game, so I don't know how close it is to being finished yet, but I'll let you know.

It's finished, as far as I know. Kuruharan chose a very good time to poke this thread. :D

Kuruharan 05-16-2011 09:22 PM

Not such a good time if I wanted to play as the next three weeks are pretty much no go for me. :( Maybe after that, I'm not sure.

Not that it is saying much, it is *extremely* difficult for me to commit to any sort of time intensive activity at all and I don't see that changing any time...ever. :eek:

Lhunardawen 05-16-2011 10:10 PM

Why Foley, you never told me you're planning on modding a game - and the skipped one at that! I would love to play in your game, but I think I've had my fix (with my brain intermittently creaking in protest). Besides, I might be a bit busy for the next few weeks until school starts again. :(

Galadriel55 05-17-2011 05:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lhunardawen (Post 654939)
I would love to play in your game, but I think I've had my fix (with my brain intermittently creaking in protest). Besides, I might be a bit busy for the next few weeks until school starts again. :(

Same, except for me it's the opposite -my school and exas end in a few weeks.

Folwren 05-17-2011 10:28 AM

Hm....well... I am thinking I'll scratch the current list of players and see who can sign up. The best thing for me would be if we could start this game next weekend (five days or so), but I am aware that that gives VERY little time of gathering people. If we don't start this weekend, I cannot begin until two weeks after this weekend, which would then be approximately 20 days from now.

What is the general thought on that?

-- Folwren

Nogrod 05-17-2011 12:33 PM

I'm sad to say I'm sharing the situation with Kuru, Lhuna and Galadriel... and being even worse as I can't play in about a month. Next two weeks will be just ridiculously busy and them I'm heading to Prague with Greenie to meet Lommy & Legate there (we'll have a road-trip through the Baltic states & Poland and will come back through Germany, Denmark & Sweden).

I would have loved to play in your game. :(

PS. Foley, I'm going to find time to write to SMH every now and then during the next weeks though (going to check your PM later today).

Inziladun 05-17-2011 12:40 PM

I know of no reason I couldn't play, either sooner or later.

Bom Tombadillo 05-17-2011 12:41 PM

I should have plenty of free time for the foreseeable future, so sign me up . . . again. :)

Edit: Ninja'd by a giant shield. Wha?

Mithalwen 05-17-2011 01:52 PM

I can still play with a quick start but I won't be around much actually on Saturday (of to a talk on gin in literature with accompanying cocktails!!! ) but I am planning on making in a day trip to Brighton rather than a weekend one

Kuruharan 05-17-2011 06:26 PM

I unfortunately won't be able to play if it starts this soon but I will definitely be lending my support to the game in spirit. :)

I do have the suggestion that you change the name of "The Night Watchman" to "The Night Watchdwarf" as the humanocentric designation is inappropriate for this setting. ;)

Folwren 05-17-2011 06:54 PM

Right. That's a good suggestion. Once I get about to editing that first post, I'll do that.

Lhunardawen 05-17-2011 08:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nogrod (Post 654960)
PS. Foley, I'm going to find time to write to SMH every now and then during the next weeks though (going to check your PM later today).

At the risk of earning the wrath of a chat skwerl, I have to say that I like this very much. ;) (And of course the road-tripping thing.)

Loslote 05-17-2011 11:25 PM

I'll have time...pretty much for the forseeable future, so sign me up. :)

Rikae 05-19-2011 07:45 PM

Rikae finished her thesis, and Rikae, M.A. is looking for a <strike>job</strike> werewolf game. Sign me up? I have excellent werewolfademic credentials (see the grimoire thread for my CV)...

(Note to BW: we need a strikethrough tag around here!)

satansaloser2005 05-19-2011 09:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rikae (Post 655097)
Rikae finished her thesis, and Rikae, M.A. is looking for a <strike>job</strike> werewolf game. Sign me up? I have excellent werewolfademic credentials (see the grimoire thread for my CV)...

(Note to BW: we need a strikethrough tag around here!)

I second everything about this post, but especially the bit about the strike tag.

Shastanis Althreduin 05-21-2011 05:04 AM

I'll sign the strikethrough tag petition.

Oh, is this a WW sign up thread? Well, while I'm here... :rolleyes:

Folwren 05-21-2011 09:31 AM

Okay, so I have just now gone and updated the new member's list. So far, I have:

Inzil
Bom
Mith
Lottie
Rikae
Sally
Shasta

We're half way filled. I am not certain when we're going to be able to start. I may have time today to PM other possible players.

-- Foley

Nerwen 05-21-2011 08:19 PM

Hey, Foley, I never actually dropped out, you know. So you can add me to the list.

Folwren 05-21-2011 10:21 PM

Awesome, Nerwen. I'm glad you're still in. :) I went ahead and took everyone off before starting over, in case people had forgotten or something.

-- Folwren

Thinlómien 05-22-2011 12:16 PM

Please (re)count me in - it's been too long without werewolf. ;)

ps. a post on the T-i-G thread to wake people up might not be a bad idea... :)

Bom Tombadillo 05-28-2011 11:48 AM

*bumpsies*

Nobody else? I hope this doesn't stall again . . . :eek:

Folwren 05-28-2011 01:08 PM

I hope it doesn't, too. :(

Thinlómien 05-30-2011 01:05 PM

Folwren, I think it would be time for some pm (or even fb) spam. Also, if the game is still going on the 18th I might have to drop out...

Inziladun 05-31-2011 06:32 PM

There's what, 9 signups? How many do we need?

Galadriel55 05-31-2011 08:47 PM

I have my last exam on the 16th, so I would be able to start after that... Or maybe even a few days before, but with limited participation. So I guess you could sign me up under a question mark.

I think that the same thing is going on now as before - constantly someone has something in the way.

:(

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zil

There is the Sweetheart, the Watchdwarf, the KD, and IIRC 3 Valley Forge members. That makes it 6 people with special roles, and there still have to be some ordos...

Thinlómien 06-01-2011 11:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Inziladun (Post 655652)

13?

satansaloser2005 06-01-2011 01:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thinlómien (Post 655677)
13?

Believe me when I say that you should have more. Just....believe me.

Obviously we could operate with more, but if anyone drops out....did anyone even read the last game? ;)

I'll try to drum up some interest.

*crawls back in her hole*

Galadriel55 06-01-2011 01:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thinlómien (Post 655677)
13?

Interesting... We could have 13 Dwarves and one Bilbo. And possibly a wizard.

Folwren 06-03-2011 01:22 PM

I think we had talked about having a minimum of 15 players.

Lommy, I hope the game will be mostly done, if not completely, by the 18, but there definitely is no certainty of that.

-- Foley

Nogrod 06-03-2011 02:36 PM

I'm back from hospital and will not be making the road trip with Greenie as I'm not well enough for that... but I should be well enough for a round of WW! :cool:

So count me in Foley.

Thinlómien 06-03-2011 03:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nogrod (Post 655806)
I'm back from hospital and will not be making the road trip with Greenie as I'm not well enough for that... but I should be well enough for a round of WW! :cool:

So count me in Foley.

Always look at the bright side of life, eh? :D Seriously though it's going to be awesome to play ww after such a long pause!

Folwren 06-03-2011 05:31 PM

I'm so glad to hear you're back, Nogrod!! Welcome back to the BD and to my game. :)

Shastanis Althreduin 06-08-2011 08:53 AM

I'm going to be out of the state for the next four days, starting tomorrow. I'll be back Sunday afternoon-ish.

Thinlómien 06-09-2011 04:11 AM

I'm still abroad and Greenie will be visiting me this month from the 18th to the 24th so if the game is going on at that time, I probably can't be in (unless possibly we both play but we'd be rather quiet for those few days)...

Kitanna 06-14-2011 09:10 AM

Is this still open to sign up?

Inziladun 06-14-2011 01:27 PM

Yes it is, Kitanna. Threats and arm-twisting to gain players are still ongoing. :D

Folwren 06-14-2011 06:58 PM

Okay, I have really, really bad news. The fact that this game never got off the ground is probably a good thing, because it is turning out that I couldn't keep up with it. I'm going to have to step back from modding for at least a month and a half. Camp and school is overwhelming at this point and internet is spotty where I am, at best. I will be available at the beginning of August. If people are not too mad at me, will I maybe be able to open this thread again for players towards the end of July?

I am really, really sorry. I could've pulled it off a while back when I first hoped to mod, but not now. :( Sadness.

-- Folwren

Inziladun 06-14-2011 08:25 PM

I'm sorry, Foley. A bad set of circumstances seems to have stalked this game from the first.

I plan to be here for its revival later. :)