The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum (http://forum.barrowdowns.com/index.php)
-   Middle-earth Mirth (http://forum.barrowdowns.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Crazy Captions (http://forum.barrowdowns.com/showthread.php?t=10727)

Rune Son of Bjarne 09-25-2013 02:12 AM

The pillars of Medusel were in fact purely decorative, the roof was only kept in place by a few select Rohiric men, with some exceptionally sturdy spears.

or

Legolas was rather miffed that nobody had noticed the fur lining on his fab new shoes.

Galadriel55 09-25-2013 05:52 AM

Aragorn starts chanting while Legolas links arms with Gandalf and Gimli to start dancing the can-can.

Rune Son of Bjarne 09-25-2013 09:02 AM

Aragorn stood frozen unable to move as he was shunned by his former friends, and the hopes and dreams of his kin came tumbling down around him. The realisation that he was a rotten branch on the family-tree of Elendil, was more than he could bear! Of all the 15 previous chieftains of the Dunedain, never had anyone been seen in such poor resolution and so low pixelation.

Kitanna 09-25-2013 07:36 PM

Despite wishing to be the flower girl, Legolas is forced into giving the blushing bride away.

Oddwen 09-29-2013 04:56 PM

Grima: Mawwiage! Mawwiage is whot bwings us togevhah today!

Galadriel55 09-29-2013 06:27 PM

Gimli ruins the perfect symmetry with his height.

Inziladun 10-22-2013 07:53 PM

"What did Wormtongue mean, 'dress code'?

http://www.framecaplib.com/lotrlib/i...r/fotr1366.jpg

Saruman's hanging out in the Uruk-hai locker room was starting to get weird.

Kitanna 10-23-2013 06:46 AM

"Yes, I will finally win the ultimate frisbee tournament! I can't lose with you on my team!"

Legate of Amon Lanc 10-23-2013 07:12 AM

And now, ladies and gentlemen, Sir Christopher Lee and maestro von Lurtz shall sing the duet of Wotan and Alberich from Richard Wagner's Der Ring des Nibelungen...

Tuor in Gondolin 10-23-2013 01:37 PM

Sadly, in keeping with the new Mordor policy when orcs get concussions, Saruman is forced to tell Lurtz he cannot join in the attack on Boromir and the Fellowship. :(

Legate of Amon Lanc 10-24-2013 04:35 AM

After Superman and Spiderman failed, Saruman bids the new superhero to pass through the Stargate behind him, and fight the evil that lurks on the other side and save the universe.

Inziladun 03-06-2014 05:34 PM

"I will fight no one until the photo is changed."

http://www.framecaplib.com/lotrlib/i...k/rotk0271.jpg

Aragorn introduces the Rohirrim to the advanced training regimen of the Northern Dúnedain.

Galadriel55 03-06-2014 06:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Inziladun (Post 689787)

As a sign of Shakespearian quote obsession, I glanced at this and saw "I'll fight till from my bones my flesh be hacked", which fits surprisingly well with the new picture. :D

Aragorn: I'll be the first one to the cake!

~~~

Legolas mirrors Aragorn's dance moves.

~~~

Aragorn yells and Legolas shuts his eyes, as both seem to find the floor extremely terrifying.

Kitanna 03-06-2014 08:25 PM

"Pippin, you look faaaaaaaaaabulous!"

Mithalwen 03-08-2014 10:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Inziladun (Post 689787)

http://www.framecaplib.com/lotrlib/i...k/rotk0271.jpg

Aragorn introduces the Rohirrim to the advanced training regimen of the Northern Dúnedain.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I8QA...e_gdata_player
This was the less advanced course:D

Rune Son of Bjarne 03-13-2014 11:33 AM

Aragorn: The walls...
Legolas: Don't just stand there try to brace it with something!
Aragorn: Wait... which movie franchise is this?

MCRmyGirl4eva 03-17-2014 10:42 AM

I'd chime in with a "Haven't you people ever heard of closing a godd*mned door?!"

Inziladun 04-07-2014 05:55 PM

"Right, Legolas. Fly over mountains and fetch another pic to save us."

http://www.councilofelrond.com/wp-co.../mwahahaha.jpg

You can thank Rune for this one. ;)

"Look sir. Droids!"

Galadriel55 04-07-2014 08:06 PM

For the previous one (can't believe I haven't played out this theme yet):

"Pippin! Don't you know to lock the bathroomm door?!"

Aragorn and Legolas burst into the bathroom stall and find a certain uncloaked persona.

For the current one:

"Now, camels, before you get to the Eye, we'll practice getting through the Ring..."

"Thag you very buch," said Frodo to the dentist after his wisdom teeth got removed.

Inziladun 04-10-2014 10:12 AM

"Hey! The inscription says 'made in Bree'! Sam kept the real one!"

Lotrelf 04-12-2014 11:13 PM

What to do in this? Do I have to caption the pic that is JUST posted? Who's that, by the way? To me looks Sam.

Pervinca Took 04-13-2014 05:18 AM

"No, Sam, that's a Hula Hoop," said Frodo.

Lotrelf - yes, you're right about the caption.

Actually, now not sure about my own caption ... not sure if that is Frodo or Sam. It's from the Rankin-Bass 'Return Of The King,' but I can't tell for sure which hobbit it is.

Inziladun 04-13-2014 06:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lotrelf (Post 690594)
What to do in this? Do I have to caption the pic that is JUST posted? Who's that, by the way? To me looks Sam.

Yes, the latest pic is generally used, so people know which one you're talking about.

And that's Frodo, of course! Sam's face is wider, and his nose is larger, unlikely though that seems. :D

Lotrelf 04-13-2014 08:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Inziladun (Post 690598)
Yes, the latest pic is generally used, so people know which one you're talking about.

And that's Frodo, of course! Sam's face is wider, and his nose is larger, unlikely though that seems. :D

Thanks. Frodo isn't supposed to be that fat, isn't it? In the books he isn't fat. This Hobbit gives me look of Samwise instead of Frodo.
Pervinca, your caption's cool. I wonder how is mine. Idiotic, I guess! :p

Pervinca Took 04-13-2014 08:54 AM

Well, Frodo is described by Gandalf as "a stout little fellow with red cheeks," but he wasn't stout by the time he got to Rivendell, and he'd have been pretty darned thin by the time he reached Mordor. ;)

Lotrelf 04-13-2014 10:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pervinca Took (Post 690600)
Well, Frodo is described by Gandalf as "a stout little fellow with red cheeks," but he wasn't stout by the time he got to Rivendell, and he'd have been pretty darned thin by the time he reached Mordor. ;)

He's said to be "Taller than some", and that gives me impression that he wasn't fat. No one mentions so. :confused:

Oddwen 04-13-2014 08:57 PM

Frodo: When Bilbo found this shiny ring in Gollum's cave of gloom, I did not know that it would turn into a ring of Doom!

Or...

Frodo: Yes, I am the Bearer of the Ring, and in a few moments I will be the Wearer of the Ring! The Darer of the Ring! Lately I've been the Carer of the Ring. Rest assured I will never be the Sharer of the Ring!

Pervinca Took 04-14-2014 04:15 PM

That's a good'un, Oddwen! :)

"A most interesting specimen," said Frodo, inspecting the Neekerbreeker he had just trapped in the magnifying glass.

(OK, that one was a bit lame.) ;)

Inziladun 04-15-2014 12:30 PM

Frodo the Lawyer grins in triumph, having found the Ring's fine print, Use of this object may be Hobbit-forming.

Rune Son of Bjarne 04-15-2014 02:32 PM

Labored joke of the day...

Frodo hatches his evil scheme: To slowly poison the offspring of the big-people with huge quantities of sugar, by feeding them his latest invention 'The Froot Loop'.

or

Frodo always had an affinity for careless handling of jewellery.

Inziladun 07-21-2014 04:22 PM

"Watch me reach in here and pull out a new pic!"

http://www.framecaplib.com/lotrlib/i...j/hauj1019.jpg

The White Council's new closing game of Spin the Dagger was not to Galadriel's liking.

Oddwen 07-21-2014 06:40 PM

"This is the worst party ever," thought Gandalf to himself. "I should invite myself to one at Bag End..."

Galadriel55 07-21-2014 08:54 PM

None of the guests seemed to appreciate Elrond's brand new gorgeous sunset-and-statues wall murals.

The White Council continued soundly on as a bunch of Elvish women were strangled silently in the background.

Mithalwen 07-22-2014 03:53 AM

Elrond is speechless when he discovers Gandalf "I was only trying to help" the grey, had tried to make up for cleaning his sword with the best table cloth by boilwashing it.

It was a wedding present from his mother in law.

She wove it herself.

From her hair...

Kuruharan 07-22-2014 08:26 AM

Gandalf: Parties like this are why I didn't want to be a wizard. I wanted to be a rock star!

Kitanna 07-24-2014 03:20 PM

Elrond and Galadriel try to think of a why to punish Gandalf for playing with swords...again

Meela 08-03-2014 01:02 PM

As Gandalf bows out after only managing 34 Elvish pancakes, Elrond and Galadriel prepare to fight over who gets the bigger half of the last one.

FerniesApple 08-20-2014 07:57 AM

Elrond: This bloody black background on this Morgul blade is giving me a headache!
Gandalf: Can you read it?
Elrond: I need some light in here, its all gone teal/orange. *squints*
Galadriel: well it will be Dawn soon, for no particular reason, just wait a few minutes.
Elrond: *sigh*

FerniesApple 08-20-2014 03:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AddictedtoRumil (Post 158164)

Legolas: '' He showed me his Shard of Narsil. its tiny! ''
Blonde Elf: *thinks* ''I get to hammer it later, it wont be tiny after I have finished with it'.

Inziladun 08-20-2014 03:44 PM

Gangsta Legolas signs for the Mirkwood Krew.