The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum (http://forum.barrowdowns.com/index.php)
-   The Barrow-Downs (http://forum.barrowdowns.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Where is everyone from?? (http://forum.barrowdowns.com/showthread.php?t=4695)

Maikadilwen 08-12-2002 03:29 AM

I'm from Denmark, but next year I'm (hopefully) moving to London. Are we going to have a BD London party or what? [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Elenna 08-12-2002 12:39 PM

I am from Pittsburgh, PA. You know, the godforsaken place where everyone eats pierogies and has mullets? And says yuns! (sort of like y'all, but hickier)

I am moving as soon as I can drive.

The Squatter of Amon Rûdh 08-12-2002 01:29 PM

Quote:

Are we going to have a BD London party or what?
Any excuse for a booze-up. One of my housemates at university was Danish: absolute lunatic.

Maikadilwen 08-12-2002 01:31 PM

It's the Viking blood, my dear.... [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img] [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img] [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Beren87 08-12-2002 01:46 PM

Northern West Virginia, U.S.A,
and very sorry to say it...

You think North Carolina is Hicksville?
hehehe

Davin 08-12-2002 01:55 PM

I'm originally from the USA...but I moved to Canada and have been here since. I'm moving back either end of this month or in January (for university).

[ August 12, 2002: Message edited by: Davin ]

Merri 08-13-2002 10:09 AM

I'm from New Jersey . . . not only the state that's in the middle of nowhere, but in a town that's in the middle of the state that's in the middle of nowhere . . . does that make sense?

Basically, I live in a town nobody's ever heard of, so I'm not even going to bother posting it, but yes, I live somewhere in- central, I think, New Jersey. Forty minutes away from Newark. I think.

Raefindel 08-13-2002 01:37 PM

Port Orchard, Washington (West of Seattle)

the phantom 08-14-2002 01:49 AM

I'm from Nebraska, USA. (and no, I'm not a farmer)

LadyElbereth 08-23-2002 02:49 PM

I'm really from Ohio but i've been livin' in Alabama for a long time...i'm so ashamed [img]smilies/redface.gif[/img]

Faxon Spear 08-23-2002 03:29 PM

I am Canadian, seems there are a few of us here.

Rose Cotton 08-23-2002 03:34 PM

Um..I'm from NY USA.

Gosh, alot of people are from CA.

Lothiriel Silmarien 08-23-2002 06:01 PM

I'm from Ny [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Rose, where from?? I know that Vanima is from Ny, but I thought that was it. Apparantly there's more New Yorkers! And are the rest just hiding or are there more of us?
[img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img] [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

[ August 23, 2002: Message edited by: Lothiriel Silmarien ]

Elven_Warrior 08-23-2002 08:00 PM

Well, it sure seems that there are few from the midwest of the U.S. I'm from South Dakota, U.S.A.

Rose Cotton 08-24-2002 09:01 PM

I can't tell you exactly where cause my parents say your all gonna come kidnapp me.

But It's nice to know your near by.

Nilwen 08-25-2002 09:23 AM

I am from Texas(USA)And hateing every min.of it.Oh I am NOT a cowperson

Nevfeniel 08-25-2002 08:21 PM

Aw, c'mon, Nilwen! What's wrong with Texas? (BTW, I'm not a cowperson, either. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img])

NyteSky 08-26-2002 12:10 AM

Looks like I'm the only one from Wisconsin (US). No surprise. And I'm not a cow person either.

Frodosgirl 08-26-2002 12:07 PM

well there seems to be 5 of us from london, well im outside of london but not very far!! so when does this party begin!!!!

Lady_Elf 08-26-2002 12:27 PM

I am from England.

Lady_Elf 08-26-2002 12:31 PM

I'm sure Maryland isn't that bad. But I hate where I live too. Hello anyway.

Neferchoirwen 08-27-2002 03:00 AM

I was born in Chicago a good 21 years ago, but now I'm living in the Philippines.

Quote:

Antelope, just next to Sacramento in California
...and I spent my first birthday in Sacramento before my parents moved to Adak, Alaska.
*whew*
Hey Erataliel! Where'd you get your sig?

[ August 27, 2002: Message edited by: Neferchoirwen ]

vanwalossien 09-05-2002 12:46 PM

Quote:

It's the Viking blood, my dear....
it definietly is.. I've only seen two fellow scandinavians here. Sad... I'm from Hamar, Norway... we're barking mad, us norwegians, in case anyone wondered.. Where in Denmark and Sweden do my fellow vikings live?

Maikadilwen 09-05-2002 01:11 PM

Actually, there are quite a few Scandinavians here at the Downs. I know at least 6 from Denmark, 3 from Sweden and (incl. you) 3 from Norway. There are a few from Finland and Iceland as well, so anyone up for a Viking raid? [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img] [img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img]

[ September 05, 2002: Message edited by: Maikadilwen ]

*Varda* 09-05-2002 02:37 PM

Glasgow, Scotland. I've only seen 2 other fellow scots in here, I'm going to have to start dragging my friends in here and educating them about LotR.

Varda: What do you think about the Silmarillion?
Friends: The Silly what?
Varda: ACK! *thwaps them over the head with it*

vanwalossien 09-10-2002 07:14 AM

OK. Viking raid coming up.. Everyone living close to Lindisfarne: watch out! [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img] Who's from Norway here?

Eol 09-11-2002 10:04 AM

Um, I have viking blood somewhere.... [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

anywho, I need to dispell some misconceptions despite my location below.
I live on the West coast of USA, in the Pacific Northwest, more specifically Oregon. I wish lived in Ireland, Britain, The Netherlands, and I was full blooded Irish/scottish( am only partial).I think at one point some one thought I was french, hmmm. That is what people have assumed of me, maybe it is those darn good lookin' words I seem to write.... [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Need to bust a move and go raid some villages...

[ September 11, 2002: Message edited by: Eol ]

piosenniel 09-11-2002 10:38 AM

Eol

I'm also from Oregon - the Willamette Valley. I've always thought of this part of the country as very close to Middle-earth. The lush forests, the farmlands in the valles, the rushing rivers - we even have Angband in the North ( industrialized Portland with it's mechanical dragon MAX snaking through it) and Mordor in the South (the polluted areas of Medford and its surrounds).

And the evil and easily corrupted peoples of the far south come from you know where! [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

Eol 09-11-2002 10:46 AM

That is cool to find someone else from Oregon, northern valley or southern? I live in a college town, hence college student.

Eärendil 09-11-2002 10:57 AM

Quote:

Actually, there are quite a few Scandinavians here at the Downs. I know at least 6 from Denmark, 3 from Sweden and (incl. you) 3 from Norway. There are a few from Finland and Iceland as well, so anyone up for a Viking raid?
Yeah!! I´m coming! Where is it? When is it? Who´s going there? For how long will we have it? ..... [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

Well, as vanwalossien asked where in Sweden and Denmark her fellow vikings (*roar* [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]) live, then I say...: If you all study a map of Sweden, find the little city Jönköping. Then go southwest and look for Gislaved. That´s where I go to school and live (in a small flat, well, not in the weekends.)
Got to know way more than you wanted to know, eh? [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

[ September 11, 2002: Message edited by: Eärendil ]

piosenniel 09-11-2002 11:02 AM

I live near the Undying Lands of Hippiedom - Eugene! [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

U of O for you?

Eol 09-11-2002 02:09 PM

Ah, never. Been through Eugene and could care less. Good ol' OSU is my school for now, hopefully Berekely later.

LaurinaAinur 09-11-2002 02:57 PM

*Screeches "Yeeeehaaaaw" and empties her six-shooter in the air*..."LaurinaAinur is frum Tay-ux-as!" Just for the record, 'y'all', I utterly abhorr cowboys. 'Nuff said. I am of the firm opinion that there is absolutely no reason to live in Texas unless you are in or near the D/FW are...*turns a slight shade of green while looking at Nevfeniel* I am moving as soon as I finish my year of community college which I started...*scratches head*...why did I start? I am considering Australia for a few years...then maybe Ireland...or maybe...I dunno. And btw, I met a terribly handsome 23 year old Norwegian in Virginia...I can just see him in a winged helmet with an axe...*sigh* Ok, I'll shut up [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Alaggaeriel 09-11-2002 04:44 PM

I'm from Texas! Where I live, you don't see many cowboys and I don't really go for the whole cowboy scene, BUT, Don't trash Texas! We Texan's are proud of who and what we are! As we jokingly put it, "Thems fight'n words"! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] Texas is so big that you can find a wide variety of things going on all at the same time! They always seem to make us look stupid, or hickish, or whatever in the movies. [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img] Oh well, we're strong here. We will survive! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] [img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img]

Ithaeliel 09-11-2002 05:17 PM

I am from the Southwest... of Idaho, that is. We're famous for our potatoes. I don't like potatoes. We should be famous for Sun Valley, skiing and gems. I like all three of those things. You think NC is Hickville? Try living in a state with a poulation of less than one million statewide and being famous for overgrown, edible roots. Our downtown is about five buildings big. And that's Boise. Everywhere else is a TOWN that's about five buildings big. The rest is barren desert and mountains. *Bursts into tears* I hate Idaho! I wanna leave as soon as I graduate!

Eol 09-11-2002 06:42 PM

Do not feel alone, Ith, as I have grown up in the rural communities. Often time still considered a village because we have only about 700 inhabitants and growing smaller.

LadyMeg 02-06-2003 06:14 AM

Suilad to All,

Nice to meet you good people, I am from a small town called Ayr in far northern Queensland Australia, in the tropics.

Kind Regards: LadyMeg [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Balin999 02-06-2003 06:37 AM

I'm from a small country in the middle of Europe called Austria.
And as far as I know, there has never been anyone else from Austria in the Forum. [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img]

Elois Telcontar 02-06-2003 10:37 AM

Hi,

I'm from Pittsburgh PA too.

It's very big and not as bad as Elenna says,

Then again I'm planning on moving too [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Nevvasaiel 02-06-2003 11:14 AM

Isn't anyone from ASIA around here?

Am currently in complete isolation!

I live in Hong Kong, but i'm part malaysian, part hawaiian and part chinese by heritage.
Boring boring boring boring place... and everyone thinks i'm WEIRD because i am obsessed with LotR. the only people who are even INTERESTED are countless I LOVE ORLI BLOOM leggy boppers. sigh.

*goes off to find old 'where are you from' threads... grrrr... there must be someone around in my area....*