The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum (http://forum.barrowdowns.com/index.php)
-   Middle-earth Mirth (http://forum.barrowdowns.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Admin. Thread - Tol-in-Gaurhoth LVII: Chess Game for Middle Earth (http://forum.barrowdowns.com/showthread.php?t=15314)

Shastanis Althreduin 02-17-2009 01:03 AM

Great! If I can just get Kath and Legate to confirm, I can start this game up! :)

Kath 02-17-2009 05:25 AM

I'll confirm with the warning that I will have to miss a Day somewhere along the way. If that's ok then I'll definitely play.

Hansy 02-17-2009 02:28 PM

Can I join this game? :)

satansaloser2005 02-17-2009 09:57 PM

Bad news, I'm afraid

My computer's dead, again, and there's really no way for me to give the game my proper attention (or any at all, for that matter) without my laptop. So unless you hear from me before the game begins, consider this my withdrawal. I'm sorry. :(

satansaloser2005 02-18-2009 10:26 PM

So I ended up borrowing a laptop from school, at least until my new power cord comes in. So, if you'll have me back after all my lovely drama hehe, I'd be happy to still be in. :D

Shastanis Althreduin 02-18-2009 11:10 PM

Make up your mind. :p

Still just waiting on Legate to yea or nay. I haven't seen him on MSN lately, so if anyone talks to him, could you tell him to post?

satansaloser2005 02-18-2009 11:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shastanis Althreduin (Post 585687)
Make up your mind. :p

Still just waiting on Legate to yea or nay. I haven't seen him on MSN lately, so if anyone talks to him, could you tell him to post?

Haven't seen him since....wow, I don't remember. Then again, I haven't been on much myself. You could try facebooking him?

Hehe. *salutes* Yes sir, mind made up, sir. I'm in, sir. Sign me up, sir. Sir, sir. Que sera sera, sira, errrrr, sir. ;)

Eomer of the Rohirrim 02-19-2009 01:04 PM

Let's play! I'm eager to try out my new persona.

A new persona...

Shastanis Althreduin 02-19-2009 04:48 PM

Well, I plan on starting the game at midnight my time, which is in about seven hours, so hopefully Legate has said something by then; otherwise, we'll have to start without him. :(

Brinniel 02-19-2009 07:47 PM

I don't know what you guys are talking about...I could've sworn I've seen Legate on msn quite frequently recently. Of course he's not online now...I'm sure he's gone to bed already. But he visited the Downs only just yesterday. Have you tried PMing Legate, Shasta? He may have simply not checked this thread.

I am quite eager to see this game started as it's been a couple weeks since the last one ended. But I'm completely okay with waiting another day if you want to give Legate one last chance to RSVP. It's your game, so I'm good with whenever you decide to start. :)

satansaloser2005 02-19-2009 07:58 PM

You're probably right, Brinn, but I've not been on a lot so I haven't seen him.

I'm fine with waiting an extra day too, if it's better. Either way's fine with me. :)

the phantom 02-19-2009 11:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mnemosyne
P.S. Quack.

:eek:

Mnemosyne 02-19-2009 11:53 PM

:Merisu:

the phantom 02-19-2009 11:55 PM

Surely not.

Mnemosyne 02-19-2009 11:59 PM

Why not?

the phantom 02-20-2009 12:03 AM

But you're a lurker. And not just a lurker- you're like... the Queen of Lurkerland... the Mayor of Lurkerton... the lurker who lurks about Lurkerville...

You can't post! It will cause a hole in the fabric of space or something like that!

satansaloser2005 02-20-2009 12:04 AM

Destroy 2/3 of the universe, more like.

Mnemosyne 02-20-2009 12:05 AM

Or a hole roughly the size of Belgium.

ETA: And, after all, are we not all lurkers at heart?

ETA 2: And how do you know I am who you think I am?

Kath 02-20-2009 04:49 AM

Ooh by the way, what's the deadline for GMT?

Legate of Amon Lanc 02-20-2009 05:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shastanis Althreduin (Post 585687)

Well, I have been actually on the MSN for a quite long time about two days ago, hoping to see you there, but you didn't appear. I hoped to talk to you just in the case that you had some role which you could assign to me which will have a large probability of getting killed early. Because otherwise (and now for certain), I wouldn't have been able to participate further than some Day 3 or something, so it would make little sense for me to join if it has come this far.

But I will certainly watch this game :) Especially...
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mnemosyne (Post 585565)
P.S. Quack.

...this was one of the reasons why I was not willing to give up - that'd be certainly an interesting game.

Mnemosyne 02-20-2009 10:43 AM

Quote:

Ooh by the way, what's the deadline for GMT?
If it's midnight my time, as seems to be implied, that would be 6:00 a.m. GMT.

:eek:

Feanor of the Peredhil 02-20-2009 04:27 PM

So everybody knows, this weekend is my da's 50th birthday, so I have familial obligations that will tie up who knows how much of my time tomorrow. I'll try to stick my head in, but I can't guarantee much.

Lariren Shadow 02-20-2009 05:45 PM

I should also probably note that I won't be around for the first half of Day 1 because I have to take my social studies CST in the morning. And then try to forget all about it in the afternoon.

wilwarin538 02-20-2009 09:45 PM

I too will be on and off tomorrow, I'll definitely be voting late.

Mirandir 02-20-2009 11:44 PM

Not that I actually have a good reason, but I'll be sleeping for the first half of Day 1. Should be around in later though. :D

Eomer of the Rohirrim 02-21-2009 03:35 AM

I see it's still the done thing to tell everyone about one's plans for the day. Why I can't imagine. We all have lives to lead and posting at regular intervals is not a requirement.

Brinniel 02-21-2009 07:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eomer
I see it's still the done thing to tell everyone about one's plans for the day. Why I can't imagine. We all have lives to lead and posting at regular intervals is not a requirement.

Probably because people have been suspected and even lynched before because they didn't show or disappeared without notice.

Which is why I'll let everyone know I decided to join a film shoot last minute. It's supposed to last all day, so I don't know when I'll be back. Certainly before 1am though, so I should be around to post again, but perhaps not until late.

Feanor of the Peredhil 02-21-2009 10:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eomer of the Rohirrim (Post 585909)
We all have lives to lead and posting at regular intervals is not a requirement.

In many games, there are posting requirements. Since I knew before I even agreed to play that there would be a few days when my absence would be consipcuous, it seems only fair to warn: I'm devoting the rest of today to learning how to drive standard, and eating pizza with extended family.

the phantom 02-22-2009 12:09 AM

Just to be clear about the deadline...

If a vote is marked 12:01, it is late?

Or is a vote late if it is marked 12:00?

Nogrod 02-22-2009 12:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the phantom (Post 586173)
Just to be clear about the deadline...

If a vote is marked 12:01, it is late?

Or is a vote late if it is marked 12:00?

With all reason any vote in at 12:00 should be in and any with 12:01 should be late. I think Shasta said that quite openly back there.

So ending the Day at 11.59 is a bit early I'd say... as well as ending it on 12:00. and not counting votes that are marked 12:00 as well... Not that it happened this time but for the principle.

Eomer of the Rohirrim 02-22-2009 06:01 AM

Perhaps Shasta could clarify exactly how many posts are required from each of us in one day, then? It's absurd to apologetically list one's itinerary for the day and transfer this information into an online game. I don't want players to make game-decisions according to certain commitments of other players away from the game. Because we all have them.

In the early days we were forbidden from speaking about so-called 'RL'. When a player was unable to make it back that day he/she would tell, in game, that the tavern or the library or some other feature that could be construed as part of the village was calling. That was a nice way of doing it. But then it became fashionable to explain presence in terms outside the game, and when we are constantly being taken outside the game, we lose something.

Or is that idealism? ;)

Eönwë 02-23-2009 01:47 PM

I'm really sorry people.
I just woke up 3 hours ago. It seems that the Black Breath (okay, maybe not that bad, but Eomer insisted it be ME-related) has got me.
It doesn't feel right voting anyone so that's all from me.

You can kill me off if you want.

If I'm still alive I'll hopefully be back toMorrow.

satansaloser2005 02-23-2009 04:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eönwë (Post 586336)
I'm really sorry people.
I just woke up 3 hours ago. It seems that the Black Breath (okay, maybe not that bad) has got me.

I don't feel right.

You can kill me off if you want.

I might be able to make toMorrow, but maybe not.

Awwww, poor Steve. *hug* Don't fret about the game, kiddo, just get to feeling better. Hope you're back among the living....erm, dead ;) Downers soon. :D

CaptainofDespair 02-23-2009 09:47 PM

Durelin wanted me to inform you all that she is currently unable to post/vote in Werewolf due to her college internet going down.