The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum (http://forum.barrowdowns.com/index.php)
-   Middle-earth Mirth (http://forum.barrowdowns.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   WWJ XIII: 'Til Death Do We LARP (http://forum.barrowdowns.com/showthread.php?t=13385)

Volo 11-09-2006 01:28 PM

Tom

"What about Farael and Durelin then? They seemed to be high on your list just a few posts ago..."

CaptainofDespair 11-09-2006 01:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Volo
Tom

"What about Farael and Durelin then? They seemed to be high on your list just a few posts ago..."

I only said I would keep an eye on them. I never gave them position. However, they have not wantonly attacked me for simply being in-character (which is where all of this seems to have stemmed from).

Anguirel 11-09-2006 01:41 PM

Unexpectedly, I must retire early to bed because my gout, enduced by years at College High Tables swigging port and claret, is playing up.

I leave you with a vote -

++DIAMOND

Mostly to throw another factor into proceedings; Durelin and, naturally, Gurthang have actually excited my suspicions more, but a stab at a lower hunch can sometimes bear surprisingly useful fruit. Diamond got herself early and stridently involved early but has kept a low profile since thee mergence of semi-demi-plausible data. In a way I'd hate to see her hanged this early, but I do believe she is a more plausible candidate than CoD, who I basically agree is falling foul of his characterisation.

Durelin 11-09-2006 01:46 PM

I can't say I'm very convinced about CoD either being a wolf or the cobbler...there's always, always the possibility of the very foolish villager. And obviously we cannot think anything good of the intelligence of the aristocracy, though we do not speak of it aloud...well, to their faces. :p

And I am well aware that I risk being seen as CoD's partner in crime by stating anything that might be a casual defense, but I'm fully prepared to take such a risk because I just hate seeing a lynch wasted...even a Day 1 lynch. There should be at least some sense to it... Though perhaps the sense here is getting rid of a confusing and so far completely unhelpful villager if not a cobbler or wolf.

Quote:

Yes, the wolves do like to get out there and get the village turning (right now, for me, Nogrod, Anguirel, and CoD would fall under here). However, I wouldn't put it past at least one of the wolves to say very little (if anything at all) on Day 1...while one or both of their buddies go out and get their hands dirtied.
Of course it's still a possibility that a wolf might not appear at all on the first Day, but the odds are in favor of all three being there...'twas really all I said.

Anyway, I agree with the three you have listed as being ones who have 'gotten the village turning' (I do like that way of putting it :D), and I find Ang the most suspicious of those.

Why? Well, I'm going to reverse his concept of the debonair wolf, and say that at least one of the wolves will simply have to remain more cautious, in my opinion. All three taking one approach just doesn't make sense to me, and is not a pattern I have experienced (really I think it impossible, if only due to the fact that werewolves seem to have personalities as well). And Ang comes across to me as someone who has 'gotten his hands dirty' enough by being definitely present and pointing out different things, but never really getting down into meaty accusations. This could be said of more than just Ang (probably can be said of myself), but I have more of a bad feeling toward Ang. His vote actually makes me feel less suspicious of him, though...I find it pretty reasonable, especially for a Day One vote, and not as easy as simply voting for a more popular choice.

Though now that I think about it, Boro comes across that way as well, remarking just enough to stay involved, but not really saying anything for certain...he seems standoffish. This is not the usual Boro to me, as I am used to lengthy (and more to the point, in my opinion) analyses. Still, it's Day 1...how much is there to analyze other than CoD, who has successfully engaged most everyone's attention? And he may be short on time, like many seem to be.

Really there's not enough to go on with those two, but, if I had to vote now, it would more likely be for Ang...he has just the right amount of debonair, but a good dose of cautiousness as well, I think.

And I have not ruled out voting for CoD to get rid of his insanity...and hope that he might be the Cobbler or maybe even an extremely bold (really wants to be 'Fenris?') wolf.

I find Gurthang's hasty vote a bit unnerving, as well as Rune's, but I've never felt random Day One votes to be necessarily of any matter.

Luckily, I do not have to vote yet.

Edit: I apologize for that being so long! I hate long posts...I'm such a hypocrite.

Nogrod 11-09-2006 01:51 PM

Well, here's the voting thus far for starters...

Lommy --> CoD (CoD1)
Gurthang --> Anguirel (CoD1, Ang1)
Rune --> Volo (CoD1, Ang1, Volo1)
Volo --> CoD (CoD2, Ang1, Volo1)
Anguirel --> Diamond (CoD2, Ang1, Volo1, Di1)

It's still a couple of hours left and it's Day1.

But still I'm inclined to vote for those who do not delve into the game but hunker down. If all the players just went under radar (either not posting or posting nothing of intrerest) there would be no game - or it would be a boring & random one. And as both Gurthang and Boro have already mentioned, it's very safe for the wolves to stay quiet on Day1. It's very rarely that anyone not-posting or just joking is lynched on Day1. That's their safest corner now.

Looking at toDay with this in mind brings me these...

Rikae is yet to post.

Diamond has posted once, having fun (and making me smile too), but not much gamewise...

Same holds for Valier, one post, not much to say anything about.

Rune has posted more in quantity but has not involved himself. He's suspicions and trusts are random and the only thing he has actually said is his being not convinced about CoD's guilt...

Now they all have time enough to come forwards and make their mark (although Rune seems to be gone...). But if they don't, I'm both ready and willing to considerate them as my voting options.

I try to so look wider in a moment.

CoD's calmness speaks favourably on him thus far (even though I still can't see why he would have written the things in his first post if he were not a wolf). I see the point of being in-character, but why on earth just that point given? One could have pointed out the pompous nobility in hundreds of ways. I still think we lack an explanation for it. If CoD makes a good answer to that, I'm ready to wipe him from my suspicion list, if not, I'm keeping him there.

Btw. CoD, what you say about being a cobbler makes a lot of sense. I do not believe you to be the cobbler.

EDIT: X'd with Ang and Durelin

Boromir88 11-09-2006 01:53 PM

Quote:

I only said I would keep an eye on them. I never gave them position. However, they have not wantonly attacked me for simply being in-character (which is where all of this seems to have stemmed from).~CoD
Tis a pity CoD, as that really was my reasoning for you appearing innocent. As I was thinking the same.

I've seen those types of 'playful' interactions between wolves on Day 1 before. Where the wolves joke around and have this interaction going on...hence why I thought you seemed to be making the most sense out of anybody....and why I too am suspicious of Farael and Durelin. Now with you backing away, after seemingly the concensus was you were barking up the wrong tree, and has ultimately caused you to fall under some scrutiny, you have fallen back in my eyes.

I do find Durelin and Farael's interactions today quite troubling...as this attitude of 'playfulness' is not uncommon or unheard of for wolves to do on Day 1. I've witnessed it between wolf partners before and is not something that I take lightly or simply cast aside as nonsensical rubbish. There's always a point to the wolves strategy for everything. And one that can happen is coming out on Day 1 and interacting in this playful manner as Farael and Durelin did.

Quote:

Here again and telling that either Nogrod is using his great tactic from my first game or then he's innocent, #32 is too much to be a post of a wolf.~Volo
I beg to differ any crafty wolf can get out of that situation (of being a strong voice in lynching an innocent) by simply claiming they're ordinary, but the person honestly looked guilty to them, and they didn't know any better.

Edit
: X-posted with Durelin and Nogrod

Durelin 11-09-2006 01:56 PM

Sorry, I have a headache, and am trying to think in a loud room, so please bear with me...

Quote:

Originally Posted by Boro
I do find Durelin and Farael's interactions today quite troubling

I feel like I've really missed something...or it's just gone over my head (utterly possible). What interactions do you speak of, Boro? If you have the chance to explain I would be very grateful. To be completely honest, I haven't paid much attention to Farael yet...mostly because nothing has seemed attention worthy to me. :p

Shameless Edit: I should have looked before I posted. I see you are probably referring to the "Evil Captain Durelin" thing. Well, I felt had to say something when my name is in all caps, bolded, and underlined after the word "evil." :D Other than that, I have no explanation.

Diamond18 11-09-2006 01:58 PM

Greetings, all. Quite interesting reading, for a day one. At the moment the only person who leaps out at me it Anguirel. He seems to be flinging half-hearted suspicion everywhere. First, being quick to agree with Lommy that CoD seems "funny," then declaring Durelin the most suspicious, then saying Lommy's early vote seems wolfishly safe, then saying he finds Durelin and Gurthang the most suspicious but is going to vote Diamond because... um... why? I'm not clear on that. I hate it when someone voices suspicions and then does a 180 and votes for a person they've hardly mentioned, and who is not in danger of being lynched. Nice way to spread dirt and raise suspicions without it showing in the vote count.

CaptainofDespair 11-09-2006 02:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nogrod
CoD's I see the point of being in-character, but why on earth just that point given? One could have pointed out the pompous nobility in hundreds of ways. I still think we lack an explanation for it. If CoD makes a good answer to that, I'm ready to wipe him from my suspicion list, if not, I'm keeping him there.

Btw. CoD, what you say about being a cobbler makes a lot of sense. I do not believe you to be the cobbler.

Hopefully I do not misunderstand what you have said. I will make an attempt at explaining myself.

Yes, I could have gone about the nobility angle much differently. And, probably, I should have. But, being the first post, there was not much else to play with. Now, I did say that I did not approve of (or implied, which would also be a mistake) what the wolves had done to our poor Mods. But, nobles (and other peoples, too) have often seen admriable traits in their enemies...something to be commended and perhaps emulated. That was all I was doing.

Certainly, Nogrod, as a General you can understand the emulation of useful/clever tactics. ;)

And Boro, I only backed off of Durelin and Farael because there was nothing left to go on. Had they continued with any sort of banter, I might have found more cause. But my attention was turned away from contemplating them more fully as I had to focus on defending my own actions.

Boromir88 11-09-2006 02:12 PM

Durelin, you're last two posts may have saved a vote from me at least for today. Looks quite observant and a bit helpful to me, if I may say so. You have correctly noticed that I have not been my usual self...due to various factors such as lack of time, lack of sleep, and lack of substantial stuff to comment on. Honestly, everything I've said is everything I felt was worth commenting on...the rest seems rather typical Day 1 junkishness that has been more prevelant than I'm used to seeing. I'm going to have to vote sooner than I anticipated as well.

The comment just doesn't sit right with me (which you have correctly noticed)...oh and Durelin, you could be an innocent by standard that was caught in Farael's trap...but if Farael turns out to be a wolf, by no means does this absolve you of wolfishness either. It seems either 1) it was planned from the beginning (meaning at night), or 2) One of you two was having some wolvish fun.

Since your last post has been of some help and Farael has disappeared from existance, I'm going with:

++Farael

Edit: x-posted with CoD

Nogrod 11-09-2006 02:17 PM

Have you noticed the same pattern I have? Many times people get to suspect others because those have first suspected that oneself. Kind of "retaliatory" stuff?

But if we think for the best of the village, we shouldn't fall for it. There's only something to be gained for the wolves if our reasoning is based on that kind of issues. Remember, most of us get our votes wrong most of the time, sadly but truly. It's a reaction that seems most natural (and somewhat reasonable) for a wolf but not very constructive for a villager.

So f.ex. (I'm not sure if I have all the cases here) Durelin was ready to "watch" Boro more closely as she interpreted Boro to have suspected her (wrongly, if I understood it right). CoD told that myself and Naria were at the top of his suspicion-list with Lommy because we had suspected (and Lommy also voted) for him. Di suspects Ang now as he has voted for her...

I'm not saying that I suspect all of these people to be wolves / cobblers, but I do peg, hold your horses in situations where someone suspects you. Retaliating does not help us. You all know that the bitterest fights are almost always performed between two innocents...

That one aside, I think both Durelin and Di have a point here: Ang should be looked at more closely. His performance toDay could be interpreted as a very wolvish one. Funny though: Durelin and Di are the exact first persons he suspected... ;)

EDIT: X'd with CoD and Boro

Nogrod 11-09-2006 02:45 PM

double posting... sorry

Quote:

Originally Posted by CaptainofDespair
Yes, I could have gone about the nobility angle much differently. And, probably, I should have. But, being the first post, there was not much else to play with. Now, I did say that I did not approve of (or implied, which would also be a mistake) what the wolves had done to our poor Mods. But, nobles (and other peoples, too) have often seen admriable traits in their enemies...something to be commended and perhaps emulated. That was all I was doing.

I'm not sure if we have now understood each other... What I found suspicious in your first post was not that you said the villains were well versed but that you could very easily be seen as trying to generate the feeling of you being the Seer with all this talk of knowledge you have not available to us commons.
Quote:

To lynch me on suspicion of being cobbler or wolf or what have you, without any definitive evidence (with the opinions seemingly being driven by my pompous aristocratic comments), is but the first step in handing over our lives to the wolves.
Definitive evidence on Day1? :D It's a rare treat, I must say.

------------

To add a little.

Today I will not be voting for Lommy, Boro, Durelin or Di.

Lommy had to vote early and she did what she could: look at the overall posting before her vote - she tried to make a reason for her vote - and even if I agree it was a bad one, it sure doesn't merit lynching. This doesn't say she could not be the wolf, but only that I can see no good reasons for her lynching toDay.

Boro felt strange and hasty in the beginning of the Day but has both gotten somewhat back to his level and given a good explanation. I would hate to lose a vocal and insightful player as him this early with no good reasons.

I also agree with Boro about Durelin, after the few unsettling first posts she seems to be productive and helpful. Surely we can't afford losing her with no good reasons.

Diamond really made me worried in the beginning too, but now she seems to be making very good points.

As I've always said... In doubt vote for those who do not contribute because they don't help the village but may be devils in disguise.

But we still have time to come up with some reasons to vote.

CaptainofDespair 11-09-2006 03:01 PM

Quote:

I'm not sure if we have now understood each other... What I found suspicious in your first post was not that you said the villains were well versed but that you could very easily be seen as trying to generate the feeling of you being the Seer with all this talk of knowledge you have not available to us commons.

I understand what you meant, now.

No, I was not trying to generate feelings that I was the Seer. I was only playing the aristocratic notion that they are better than the landless, titleless commoners.

And since our time is growing short til the Day will close, I shall put forth my own suspicions.

I am still suspicious of Naria and Thinlomien, as well as Farael and Durelin. Obviously, Thinlomien voted for me rather quickly. Granted, she did not understand my sense of humor on the matter. But still, misunderstandings are a poor reason to vote for someone, and so quickly too. And her reasoning of it being a 'clumsy defense' was groundless. I had reason to defend Durelin. I was only interjecting and pointing out my own haughty ways as a member of the beloved aristocracy. But my suspicions are towards Naria, Farael, and Durelin do not amount to much more than curiosity at this point. Naria, for sure, has joined in the assault of my noble character. Farael has said little since his first posts. And Durelin has not done enough to garner suspicion in my eyes.

As such, I am inclined to vote for Thinlomien. She is the only one who has merited it thus far, to me. Though, I would certainly hate it for a new revelation to emerge after I have voted.

++Thinlomien

Rikae 11-09-2006 03:03 PM

*Ilberic strolls in smirking*

Sorry I'm late, everyone, but library science wasn't part of my training. It's terrible, such nice girls, so well read.
I'm also rehearsing a play - I think it ought to cheer you up. It's about a man who impersonates a young American woman and goes on a killing spree. It's absolutely hysterical! The real tragedy, though, is that the bodies were too mangled to use as props.
But cheer up! We'll have another dead body soon!
++CoD

Because hobbits don't need shoes, if you catch my drift.

Diamond18 11-09-2006 03:08 PM

Quote:

Di suspects Ang now as he has voted for her...
Well, not entirely. I began to suspect him when he made his response to Lommy's suspicion of CoD, and no post he has made since has done anything to soothe my concerns. He could have voted for anyone in the same way he voted for me (not suspecting as much as others but voting for some vaguely stated reason) and it would have set off the same alarams.

Of course, I won't claim to be immune to retaliatory voting... as, being an ordo, whenever someone goes after me I get the distinct feeling I'm being treated as canon fodder. I have, of course, been wrong on many occasions. But in this case the doubt was already planted and growing by the time he voted for me, so I'm inclined to trust my instincts more.

Right now no one else is giving me the same bad vibes.

Durelin 11-09-2006 03:09 PM

Quote:

You have correctly noticed that I have not been my usual self...due to various factors such as lack of time, lack of sleep, and lack of substantial stuff to comment on. Honestly, everything I've said is everything I felt was worth commenting on...the rest seems rather typical Day 1 junkishness that has been more prevelant than I'm used to seeing. I'm going to have to vote sooner than I anticipated as well.

Ugh, I just really don't like this. Taking observations of suspicion and defending them in such a light way as "oh, but of course...so smart of you to observe" doesn't sit well with me. I like it better when people are more straightforward in being defensive. ;)

Probably entirely baseless, and more something that just bothers me than wolfishness.

And Nogrod, if I was retaliating, I would just say that I was. :p It just so happens that my suspicions have led me toward people who have voiced suspicion of me...but just think about how many times people voice suspicions about others? At some point, you're going to be suspicious of someone who is suspicious of you. Besides, for innocents, why not be suspicious of someone who is suspicious of you, if you know you're innocent? (And yes, I know that's not a reason to be suspicious of someone. 'Tis a joke...have fun with it.) :D

Oh goodness...

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rikae
Because hobbits don't need shoes, if you catch my drift.

You are the Cobbler? A bit early to say so, don't you think?

Edit: Cross-posted with Di. And oh, Rikae's comment I see might have been concerning CoD? Sorry, I perhaps jumped the gun because I once in my former life did the exact same thing, just replace "hobbits" with "cats" and "need" with "wear".

Rikae 11-09-2006 03:13 PM

Durelin, you might want to reread my post - I voted for CoD "because Hobbits don't need shoes", and therefore, we can dispense with the one who makes them., who I suspect (as well as one can on Day 1) to be CoD.

EDIT: X posted with Durelin's edit.

Diamond18 11-09-2006 03:14 PM

Durelin, I think Rikae is saying she believes CoD to be the Cobbler.

I don't like the CoD bandwagon, personally. I see little in his behavior that I find wolfish or cobbleresque. I suppose I should carefully reread his posts to see what others are seeing, but really, I already smell something fishy and what I'm catching is a whiif of:

++Anguirel

Durelin 11-09-2006 03:15 PM

I apologize for the confusion.

I would love it if you'd tell us why you think CoD is the Cobbler, though. I have yet to vote, and am not certain who to vote for yet.

Edit: Cross-posted with Di again.

Nogrod 11-09-2006 03:21 PM

I could vote for Rikae just from pure annoyance... That was not good gaming or taking part to this. Not by any standards. A reason or two, please.

Rune's posting has been irritating too, just nonsense and random. That doesn't help us at all. But I've been wrong about Rune quite a many times before...

Valier should pop in and say something or then the same would go with her too. And if Gurthang does not show up as he promised, I will dislike his performance too.

If Farael does not show up, I would say the same of him too.

Naria and Volo have flown under my radar the whole Day. I'm not totally comfortable with it, but can't see a case to be made either.

Towards CoD and Anguirel I might have points to back my vote. But they have played. That I think is important. As it is important to have a particular reason to vote for someone... A dilemma here.

EDit: X'd with a few...

Rikae 11-09-2006 03:23 PM

I thought his original "seerish" comment really wasn't satisfactorily explained by his excuse of being in character.

That sort of comment seems unwise for anyone (especially the seer), and might be designed to generate confusion. I admit, it isn't much, but there wasn't really anyone else attracting my suspicion. Well, Boro seems slightly odd, actually, but I can't put my finger on it yet. It isn't merely quietness; something about him seems wicked, tricksssy, falsssse, but I'll reserve judgement for now.

Rikae 11-09-2006 03:26 PM

Nogrod, I can't explain what I don't understand. I don't know what I've done to annoy you - I guess I'm just too much of a novice to produce "good gaming".

EDIT: I see, you're saying I annoyed you by not giving a reason. I thought you were asking me to give a reason why I was so annoying.

Durelin 11-09-2006 03:30 PM

I must vote, as I will be from my computer untimely ripped very soon...

Captain's Log, 4:24 EST, Nov. 9, 2006: The crew is in utter chaos, and I am forced to determine between who is popularly believed to be of blame. CoD and Anguirel. I asked for advice from a CoD accuser, but "one of the advantages of being a captain is being able to ask for advice without necessarily having to take it..."

++Anguirel, for reasons as stated before, and because lynching CoD makes no sense to me...even though he doesn't seem like he would be much of a loss at this point.

Note: All quotes are from here.

Valier 11-09-2006 03:31 PM

I'm here! I'm here!!! I just got home, so I may not have much time to read over before I must vote.

Diamond18 11-09-2006 03:35 PM

Quote:

EDIT: I see, you're saying I annoyed you by not giving a reason. I thought you were asking me to give a reason why I was so annoying.
I just choked on my hot chocolate laughing. Heh. I think that would be a bit aggressive even for Nogrod.

Nogrod 11-09-2006 03:37 PM

Quote:

Nogrod, I can't explain what I don't understand. I don't know what I've done to annoy you - I guess I'm just too much of a novice to produce "good gaming".

Quote:

I don't know what I've done to annoy you - I guess I'm just too much of a novice to produce "good gaming"
Don't get me wrong Rikae. I was annoyed of your first post. You had not been around the whole Day and then just popped up with a vote to the one that had been suspected the most - without any reason of your own or lended. Well, now you have explained something about why you voted for CoD and I'm adjusting myself to it... :D

I mean if you vote, give us a reason (as you have now done afterwards). This has nothing to do with being a novice - which I must say I don't think you are as you have played well before, at least according to my lorebooks.

But I also agree with Di:
Quote:

I don't like the CoD bandwagon, personally.
Me neither. Bandwagons are nice places to hide for the villains - at least if it's probable at the time of ones vote that the wagon will be a long one. That's one other reason why I thought badly about your "out of the blue sky vote"...

EDIT: X'd with a lot

JennyHallu 11-09-2006 03:45 PM

15 Minute Warning

Day ends in 15 minutes!

Voting so far:

Lommy --> CoD (CoD1)
Boromir88 --> Farael (CoD2, Ang1, Volo1, Di1, Farael1)
CaptainofDespair --> Thinlomien (CoD2, Ang1, Volo1, Di1, Farael1, Lommy1)
Rikae --> CoD (CoD3, Ang1, Volo1, Di1, Farael1, Lommy1)
Diamond18 --> Anguirel (CoD3, Ang2, Volo1, Di1, Farael1, Lommy1)
Durelin --> Anguirel (CoD3, Ang3, Volo1, Di1, Farael1, Lommy1)

Nogrod 11-09-2006 03:47 PM

Lommy --> CoD (CoD1)
Boromir --> Farael (CoD2, Ang1, Volo1, Di1, Farael1)
CoD --> Lommy (CoD2, Ang1, Volo1, Di1, Farael1, Lommy1)
Rikae --> CoD (CoD3, Ang1, Volo1, Di1, Farael1, Lommy1)
Diamond --> Anguirel (CoD3, Ang2, Volo1, Di1, Farael1, Lommy1)
Durelin --> Anguirel (CoD3, Ang3, Volo1, Di1, Farael1, Lommy1)

Farael, Valier and myself to vote. 15 minutes... (and will Farael be here?)

I agree that the two top vote-getters are my first suspicions right now. But which one? This is so unnerving! I do not believe them both to be wolves.

EDIT: X'd with the moddess-goddess

Rikae 11-09-2006 03:52 PM

Quote:

Bandwagons are nice places to hide for the villains - at least if it's probable at the time of ones vote that the wagon will be a long one. That's one other reason why I thought badly about your "out of the blue sky vote"...

EDIT: X'd with a lot

My grandmother used to say the same thing, and was told that spreading out the votes gives power to the wolves.
Also, I'd just like to point out your first post influenced my vote.

EDIT: X posted with Nogrod

Nogrod 11-09-2006 03:54 PM

Okay. I will go for the jackpot.

++ Anguirel

He threw suspicions around and made at least one 180. Not committing himself openly but still speaking a lot. Just what an intelligent wolf would like to do.

Nogrod 11-09-2006 03:55 PM

If not the wolf, we might get the cobbler toDay... at least I hope so.

Valier 11-09-2006 03:56 PM

Ahhhh!! :eek: Well there has not been very much time for me today to get a grasp...so much talk on day 1. I don't want to be the one to break the tie between CoD and Ang. I do think they seem a little off today, but then again I just had to scan all the day's posts quickly. I found Dia's vote to be strange...a retribution vote it seems, and she even made up a reason for it...well I have no more time, and I would hate to see an Ordo go.

++Diamond18

Nogrod 11-09-2006 03:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Valier
I don't want to be the one to break the tie between CoD and Ang.

By not taking stance on it you actually take stance on it - whether you had seen my vote or not... you can't wash your hands at this time of the Day. :(

Valier 11-09-2006 04:03 PM

It would not be fair for me to vote to kill one of the two when I haven't been around all day. i don't want to be the one looked at tomorrow because I got someone killed and they may have been inoccent.

Nogrod 11-09-2006 04:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Valier
It would not be fair for me to vote to kill one of the two when I haven't been around all day. i don't want to be the one looked at tomorrow because I got someone killed and they may have been inoccent.

Hadn't I voted before you did, you would have been looked as effectually killing CoD... :confused:

JennyHallu 11-09-2006 04:06 PM

The end of the day came all too soon for the club, and they counted up the day's votes with a definite sense of trepidation.

"It's Anguirel," announced CaptainofDespair, a sense of relief in his voice. "I'm sorry, old chap, but that's just how it goes some days."

The old man tried weakly to protest, but there was nothing he could do. The terrorized club members gathered around him, but quickly stalled. "How do we do it?," Volo asked.

Dia'l Na Mon reached confidently for one of Anguirel's spellbooks. "What are you going to do?" he asked.

She turned to the page she wanted and began a mystical chant. To her great surprise, nothing much seemed to happen.

Then Gurthang seemed to snap. He grabbed the spellbook from her hands with an animal cry. "I'll show you how to wield a good book!" he screeched, and struck the aged professor. Anguirel fell over and did not move again.

They watched, but his peaceful sleep was uninterrupted. Anguirel had been innocent.

Dead
JennyHallu - Club President - Bound and collated on Night 1
Folwren - Vice-President - Used for ink on Night 1
Anguirel - Innocent - Misspelled on Day 1

Living
Boromir88 - Fuller - all the NPCs
CaptainofDespair - Pompous Nobleman - Melneras, the Gnomish Archwizard
Diamond - librarian - Dia'l Na Mon the Half Elven Enchantress and Wielder of Azgalthro the Rapping Sword
Durelin - StarCaptain - William Shatner
Farael - Heavy-metal singer - sneak
Gurthang - Clergyman - Cowardly Knight
Naria - Rat Wrangler (Animal control? teehee...) - Kitty Watcha'mikolit the Pygmy Giant, player of the Flute of Doom.
Nogrod - Retired General - Ciryatan of the Dúnedain, a one-legged Athelas vendor
Rikae - schadenfreude-prone mortician - unstable aging halfling stage actor, Ilberic Took, wielding an ancient elvish shovel
Rune - temp - Joe the Beorning Bounty Hunter
Thinlomien - aging homeless sot - Lothwen the Pretty, elven flowermaid
Valier - Radical Hair Butcher - Elven Anoonnoon of Omicron Persieye 8
Volo - teleseller - Tom Yrmacha'zul'charach'ping'yit'pul tha half-balrog, wielding a multitude of sharp pointy objects.

JennyHallu 11-10-2006 04:01 PM

Since the death of Jenny and Foley, Rikae had been busy digging graves.

"You never know if you'll have enough," she assured anyone who asked. "We'll all need one someday."

Late into the night she stayed there, working alone steadily. When voices approached, she was thrilled for the help of her three longtime companions. Before the end of the night, the center of the campground was filled with graves, one for each of the club members. "Thanks, guys," Rikae said, reaching a hand up for help out of the last grave. "Now all we have to do is get Jenny, Foley, and Anguirel buried."

"Oh, no," said the three on the ground, taking up their shovels as their bodies transformed. "We only intend to help with one burial tonight..."

~*~

The next morning the club members arose and counted their numbers with trepidation. Immediately the question arose: "Where is Rikae?"

"I think I know," said Nogrod, pointing to the center of the campground, now filled with neat rows of graves. At the end of the last row, a small mound of dirt marked one that had been filled.

Dead

JennyHallu - Club President - Bound and collated on Night 1
Folwren - Vice-President - Used for ink on Night 1
Anguirel - Innocent - Misspelled on Day 1
Rikae - Innocent - Buried alive on Night 2

Alive

Boromir88 - Fuller - all the NPCs
CaptainofDespair - Pompous Nobleman - Melneras, the Gnomish Archwizard
Diamond - librarian - Dia'l Na Mon the Half Elven Enchantress and Wielder of Azgalthro the Rapping Sword
Durelin - StarCaptain - William Shatner
Farael - Heavy-metal singer - sneak
Gurthang - Clergyman - Cowardly Knight
Naria - Rat Wrangler (Animal control? teehee...) - Kitty Watcha'mikolit the Pygmy Giant, player of the Flute of Doom.
Nogrod - Retired General - Ciryatan of the Dúnedain, a one-legged Athelas vendor
Rune - temp - Joe the Beorning Bounty Hunter
Thinlomien - aging homeless sot - Lothwen the Pretty, elven flowermaid
Valier - Radical Hair Butcher - Elven Anoonnoon of Omicron Persieye 8
Volo - teleseller - Tom Yrmacha'zul'charach'ping'yit'pul tha half-balrog, wielding a multitude of sharp pointy objects.

Wolves, stop talking. Day 2 has begun.

Thinlómien 11-10-2006 04:36 PM

Yesterday late day and the kill of the night... I don't know what to think. I need to think more of this. Anyway, I'll make a few quick comments.

Too bad to see innocent Ang and innocent Rikae dead. They both are assets to the village when alive.

Why was Rikae killed? The only reason I can see for the wolves to kill her is to have no trails. And that won't probably help us in our wolf-hunt.

Quote:

You have correctly noticed that I have not been my usual self...due to various factors such as lack of time, lack of sleep, and lack of substantial stuff to comment on. Honestly, everything I've said is everything I felt was worth commenting on...the rest seems rather typical Day 1 junkishness that has been more prevelant than I'm used to seeing.

Understandable, that's what this is, but the tone of this made me really uneasy. The bolded passage (bolded by me) has a wolvishly apologetic air. I'm not making any heavy/serious conclusions from such a little mental image/thought, but it just caught my attention, and I wanted to point that out.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Noggie
CoD's calmness speaks favourably on him thus far . . .

I agree. For now he seems quite innocent to me.

Also, Valier's last few posts are worth a second look.

And as a sidenote, I will be around more toDay and yesterDay since I'm in Noggie's place and thus have a net access 24/7.

Durelin 11-10-2006 04:52 PM

Ugh... I at least thought we had a better shot at a wolf with Ang than with CoD, and I still feel that I was justified to think that...but I do feel rather...blah.

Maybe, just maybe Rikae was killed because of her suspicions...though she did not voice too many, too much about them, and didn't until late in the Day. At any rate, perhaps the wolves foresaw some sort of difficulty? Was she barking up the wrong tree? (Other possibility: I'm overthinking this a whole lot.)

Let's look at who Rikae mentioned suspicion of:

1. CoD, who she voted for. But we've been over him again and again, and unless his behavior changes a lot, I am ready to look at a lot of others before him for wolfishness. If anyone has noticed anything about him that we didn't discuss yesterDay, please bring it up.

Quote:

Well, Boro seems slightly odd, actually, but I can't put my finger on it yet.

So, there are quite a few options:

1. CoD is a wolf.
2. The wolves were trying to frame CoD.
3. Boro is a wolf.
4. The wolves were trying to frame Boro.
5. Both are wolves.
6. The wolves were trying to frame both of them (or either we paid attention to).
7. I'm overthinking this (and using too much listing...that I know for sure).

Next we should have a look at the voting... I'll have to be back to do that a little later myself, though.

Nogrod 11-10-2006 05:23 PM

This is quite terrible. It's not the first time the villagers manage to get themselves into a situation where there are no good options - and whence the talk, even though there is lots of it, does pass the essential things and concentrates on wrong issues.

I admit being one of the people who started the discussion on CoD. At the situation where everyone seemed to duck away from any real discussion it seemed the only plausible thread to start looking at. Unfortunately there were little autonomous inpunts to present other cases during the Day, until the very end. So I'm not going to carry the blame of what happened alone.

I also admit being the one who sealed the death of Anguirel and you may believe me or not, but I actually thought of changing my vote for a second after I saw that Valier had voted for Di. But still, making myself the second question, I felt more secure with the innocence of CoD than with Ang as CoD had actually been forced to make his points and defend himself. And those two were the only reasonable choises at the last minutes (15 minutes before the Death-line, 3 - 3 -1,1,1,1 and basically just myself and Valier remaining to vote; Farael has passed the voting also earlier) - and they were the only ones there were some points that could be made.

So kudos for you were-villains! You have played nicely to distract and fool us so beautifully!

ToDay we must play better to counter that! And hopefully we can gather something from yesterDay as we now know a little bit of the truth too.

About Rikae. I'm tending to believe that she was killed because of the "no trail left behind" -reason. It sure is possible that her death had something to do with Boromir - either the wolves trying to frame Boro or Boro-wolf taking no chances to get rid of a possible Seer - but for now I'm more convinced with the first option. We'll see about that.

I'll make a quick scan of yesterDay before I go to sleep, if there is anything I can spot at the moment...

PS. Lommy goes a bit too far: she willl be here 24/3½... :D