The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum (http://forum.barrowdowns.com/index.php)
-   Middle-earth Mirth (http://forum.barrowdowns.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Admin Thread - WW C - The Father Christmas Murders (http://forum.barrowdowns.com/showthread.php?t=18211)

Loslote 12-22-2012 04:36 PM

Important Announcent

I just found out that my little sister's ice skating performance will go from an hour before to an hour after DL. I will post the results and narration when I get back. Boro has kindly agreed to call DL, and I expect everyone to be good little angels and stop talking then.

Carry on!

Eönwë 12-22-2012 06:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Loslote (Post 678149)
Yes, that was my assumption as well. I probably should have mentioned that earlier - I was planning to end with the lynch on the evening of the 24th and have a very long Night until the evening of the 26th, when Day 3 will start. Does that work for everyone? (Otherwise, we can have a very long Day 2 from the evening of the 23rd until the evening of the 26th.)

I'll only be able to have proper time until mid-way through the 24th (for you Americans, anyway) in that period, so either way would be the same for me.

Coppermirror 12-22-2012 10:27 PM

About the Christmas things - Day 1 for me ended at 5pm on December the 23rd. If the game was running as normal over the next few days without any allowances for Christmas, Day 2 would start at 5pm on Christmas Eve and end on Christmas Day at 5pm. So, naturally I wouldn't be around much then. I'm also likely to be busy on December the 26th.

I'll have to check the times through a time zone converter or something to see how I fit with it. If I understand right, we're planning to hold Day 2 (the one that for me goes over Xmas eve and Xmas day) as usual, but to have a long Night after that. Is that right? On the face of it I won't have any trouble with Day 3 that way, but Day 2 is likely to be a problem for me.

satansaloser2005 12-22-2012 10:54 PM

Ugh. Sorry, all. I seem to have pulled a Nerwen. :rolleyes:

Galadriel55 12-22-2012 11:20 PM

Regarding Christmas, I should be around either way. I would prefer the long Night, but it won't make much of a difference for me.

Now, if this game lasts till New Year I will be affected.

Coppermirror 12-22-2012 11:25 PM

Oh right, the New Year. If it lasts until New Year's Day, I'll have a bigger problem then, because I'm likely not to have any internet access for that day, if the Day falls then. If the game's running on Christmas Eve/Day, at a minimum I'll still be able to drop in to at least read through quickly and vote, so that's not so bad.

Loslote 12-23-2012 01:08 PM

First order of business, then: I'm going to go ahead and say that Day 2 will last from 11:00 pm EST of the 23rd to 11:00 pm EST of the 25th. IF it's been too difficult for people to get online, I will consider extending it an extra 24 hours (I will let you know which way I've decided well before DL, don't worry).

Second: Nerwen, Sally, and Morsul must vote at some point during that Day. ;)

Morsul the Dark 12-23-2012 01:19 PM

If that works for everyone else I can technically get online for a few hours tmorrow before heading up to my mother's but after that I'm not getting home till christmas night(probably after DL

It'll be a Really early vote for me.

Loslote 12-25-2012 12:30 AM

Yeaaah, it's looking like we'll need an extra 24 hours. ToDay will end approximately 48 hours after this post (correcting for the DL).