The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum (http://forum.barrowdowns.com/index.php)
-   The Barrow-Downs (http://forum.barrowdowns.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Who’s got the best Title? (Do I hear some Nominees?) (http://forum.barrowdowns.com/showthread.php?t=4682)

Alkanoonion 06-11-2003 10:01 PM

I like my PT but the next best is onewhitetree with Seeker of Syntax
[img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Ithaeliel 06-11-2003 10:13 PM

I like Saucepan Man's: Corpus Caucaphonous. It is so like the instrumentality of a saucepan (well of course, that's why he chose it) and it's just great. I love the word "caucaphony" though I don't know if I've spelt it right.

Hirilaelin 06-13-2003 09:17 PM

Found a great one:

Gwaihir Windlord: Essence of Darkness

Creepy, very creepy, which is the reason I love it. Also, it fits perfectly with the whole "death" theme.

EDIT: I'm a Ghost Prince, wheeeee!

[ June 13, 2003: Message edited by: Hirilaelin ]

Beruthiel 06-13-2003 11:57 PM

I have just noticed Lindolirian's one : The Worlds Tallest Hobbit
I'm not sure if its new but I like it. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Beren87 06-14-2003 12:05 AM

Quote:

I'm not sure if its new but I like it.
It's new, he picked it night before last.

Everdawn 06-15-2003 11:44 PM

I like all the ones that have somehting about Stars, darkness and doom...

Its freaky i know, but somehow beautiful...

Lindolirian 06-16-2003 09:58 PM

Well then your's should be Dark Star of Doom when you get one. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

Everdawn 06-16-2003 10:53 PM

lol.. Sould be... hehe..

Diamond18 06-16-2003 11:50 PM

Indisputably (in my mind) the best PT ever, is *drumroll please*

HCIsland
Zombie Cannibal

[img]smilies/eek.gif[/img]

Another nice new one is Mattius' soulful, Soul of Fire (I think that in the long run it'll wear better than the others, Matt. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img] )

elven maiden Earwen 06-17-2003 01:10 PM

I like Maikadilwen's:
Summoner of Lost Souls

Is it new? and

Gandalf_theGrey:
Visionary Spirit

The Saucepan Man 06-17-2003 06:49 PM

Oh good. Some more new PTs.

Congratulations to Lindolirian, Ithaeliel, HCIsland, Brinniel, Mattius, Aylwen Dreamsong, Nurumaiel and Maikadilwen. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img] All very well chosen.

So, Lindolirian, you think that you're a match for Bullroarer Took, do you? [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

HC, Zombie Cannibal somehow seems very fitting for such a film buff. [img]smilies/cool.gif[/img]

Ithaeliel, I like it a lot. But what does it mean? [img]smilies/confused.gif[/img] [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

And Mattius, I see that the dancing chicken has grown up. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Edit: Oh, and how could I possibly forget LePetitChoux's Vegetable of Doom. Most fitting indeed. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

[ June 17, 2003: Message edited by: The Saucepan Man ]

Ithaeliel 06-17-2003 08:57 PM

Quote:

Ithaeliel, I like it a lot. But what does it mean?
It's Latin for "Dark Horn." I chose it because of my avatar, you see, ne?
<-----

I like Brinniel's "Reflection of Darkness." Very cool. Aylwen, I like yours as well.

Mattius: Your PT makes me think I know where the chicken went...

[ June 17, 2003: Message edited by: Ithaeliel ]

Lindolirian 06-17-2003 09:23 PM

Quote:

So, Lindolirian, you think that you're a match for Bullroarer Took, do you?
As a matter of fact, I do. I could beat the short little squirt at miniature golf anyway. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Tinuviel of Denton 06-17-2003 10:04 PM

I like BruceMacCulloch's: Dead Man of Dunharrow. Very apropos.

The X Phial 06-17-2003 10:14 PM

Sophia's is excellent. Lovely, delicate, mournful... Scent of Symbeline [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Brinniel 06-17-2003 10:19 PM

Quote:

I like Brinniel's "Reflection of Darkness." Very cool. Aylwen, I like yours as well.
Thank you. And you know I like yours, Ith, now that I know what it means. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
Quote:

Mattius: Your PT makes me think I know where the chicken went...
I suddenly have a disturbing image of flaming dancing chickens. [img]smilies/eek.gif[/img] Fortunately, Matt's dancing chicken is back. It just looks a little different.

I personally like Aylwen's PT- "The Melody of Misery." It has a rhythmic sound to it.

Tarien Ithil 06-18-2003 11:42 AM

Lindolirian's World's Tallest Hobbit is inventive! [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Galadrie1 06-18-2003 01:57 PM

Guys, it's really no contest -- we all know that I have the best title ever. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

On a slightly more serious note, Brinniel's is awesome.

Tarien Ithil 06-19-2003 12:40 PM

Yes, Galadriel, nothing can match to your Ghost Prince of....OK maybe I should stop. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

Yep, Brinniel's, Saucepan's, Lyra's, Spohia's...*carries on forever* are all brilliant!

Well done!

Lle ume quel!

Trippo The Hippo 06-19-2003 07:56 PM

Hey I like all the new ones. You all deserve them. I was wondering do you get to pick you own title? Or do you pick from a list the the B-W gives you? Or what? Just curious, it's a long way away for me.

[ June 19, 2003: Message edited by: Trippo The Hippo ]

Beren87 06-19-2003 07:57 PM

You pick, he approves.

Trippo The Hippo 06-19-2003 07:59 PM

Quote:

You pick, he approves
Thank you very much Beren the pretzel maker. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Iarwain 06-20-2003 07:53 PM

I'd just like to vote for the Saucepan Man's title: "Corpus Cacophonus". It's a humorous truth to the idea of a man covered in saucepans.

Iarwain

[ June 20, 2003: Message edited by: Iarwain ]

Beren87 06-20-2003 09:46 PM

Ithaeliel finally got one! Lovely!

[ June 20, 2003: Message edited by: Beren87 ]

celeborn 06-22-2003 01:37 AM

wat is this titel?

i'm only a newly desceased and u ppl r different.

???

Brinniel 06-22-2003 03:10 AM

celeborn- Check out Barrow-Downs Forum FAQ for information on user levels and personal titles. Hope that helps!

Welcome to the Barrow-Downs, BTW. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Tarien Ithil 06-22-2003 09:14 AM

Brinniel, just wnated to say, I like your avatar!

Ok, that was W-A-Y off topic but I like your title too! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Niluial 06-22-2003 09:32 AM

I also like Brinniel's avatar and Title! When I get my title I think I might have 'Weeping Star' the meaning of my name... [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]. I hope it is not taken! If it is then I'll be very upset [img]smilies/mad.gif[/img].

~Niluial

Brinniel 06-22-2003 10:28 AM

Thank you, Tarien and Niluial. You are too kind. :)

Quote:

When I get my title I think I might have 'Weeping Star' the meaning of my name...
That's very pretty. I like it. You should copywright it in the thread, 'Titles for the Future,' Niluial.

Here's some more of my favorite PTs:

Amanaduial: Shadow of Starlight

Mattius: Soul of Fire

Orual: Speaker of the Dead

LePetitChoux: Vegetable of Doom

Tarien Ithil 06-23-2003 11:56 AM

Hey, Nil, I like the "Weeping Star".

Suits you. Doesn't your nick also meaa that in Elvish?

I was thinking "Soul of the Star-spangled Sky" but I guess that's not what we're discussing!
[img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img]

Yavanna228 06-23-2003 12:13 PM

I'm really liking Iarwain's new PT, Pugnacious Primordial Paradox. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img] For one thing, alliteration is great, and for another thing, it's quite fitting, as I've said already.
Peace

Eladain Moruviel 06-23-2003 03:21 PM

How do you get a title?

Iarwain 06-23-2003 04:35 PM

Contribute to the Forum. Write worthwhile posts. But first of all, one must have 500+ posts, though it often takes much longer to be nominated.

Iarwain

Hirilaelin 06-24-2003 07:02 PM

You can also look here for what a title is, title ideas, and tips for getting one. (The last few pages are where you should be looking)

Yes, this is a shameless plug! [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

Yavanna228 06-24-2003 08:21 PM

I really like:
Mithadan's- Spirit of Mist
Nurumaiel's- Lady of Starlight's Death
Elrian's- Eldar Spirit of Truth
Susan Delgado's- The Perished Flame
Probably more, but those are off the top of my head.
Peace

Elennar Starfire 07-03-2003 02:08 PM

Quote:

Orual: Speaker of the Dead
yes, Ender's game and that whole series are awesome! I just finished Children of the Mind yesterday.

that was sort of off topic, but I do like that title. I will probably use Ghost in a Fog if I ever get a PT. I got the idea from a song that goes "step out the door like a ghost into a fog, where no one notices the contrast between white on white" or something like that.

Tarien Ithil 07-12-2003 04:11 AM

Elennar,

"Ghost in a Fog" sounds good! Hmmmm...thinking of future PT's makes us want one even more! [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Son of Númenor 08-09-2004 09:15 PM

Heren Istarion's "Deadnight Chanter" is a favorite of mine. It sounds ominous, quasi-mythical, reminiscent of African or West Indian shamanic ritual. My one criticism is that it fails to capture his joviality.

I admire Rimbaud's "The Perilous Poet," in keeping with his screen name and also his online persona (from what I have seen of his posts).

A few others that come to mind:

Sharkû's "Hungry Ghoul"
Mhoram's "Dead and Loving It"
Ulmo's "A Northen Soul"

all for different reasons, somewhat indescribable reasons. Mho's is just plain cool, Sharkey's is terse and a bit unnerving, and Ulmo's [Legolas's] is tinged (to my mind) with sorrow, that Tolkien-esque sense of 'decline'; very tragic (and even mythic) in feel.

Ah, but there are so many more - for the time being, I'm satisfied with bumping up this old gem and seeing who others nominate, now that so many BDers have great personal titles.

On a similar note: I can't wait to see what Fordim Hedgethistle chooses, when a title comes his way.

The Perky Ent 08-09-2004 09:56 PM

Symestreem's "face in the water" is really good. When I first saw that I only thought one thing. "Story of my life"

Gil-Galad 08-09-2004 10:11 PM

Well i already got my title decided. if i stick with this avvie...
"Dancing Piano-head man of Doom"

i also Like Firefoots new one