The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum (http://forum.barrowdowns.com/index.php)
-   The Barrow-Downs (http://forum.barrowdowns.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   The *new* Barrow Downs photo page! (http://forum.barrowdowns.com/showthread.php?t=11909)

gralin musicteeth 02-06-2006 11:30 AM

Could someone give me some easy, step-by-step instructions on how to put a picture up on this thread? I am a total imbecile when it comes to computers, so any help would be apprectiated. Thanks!!!

Valier 02-06-2006 11:33 AM

Gralin do what I did! go to the first page of this thread Tigerlily has an email address there just email it to her. :D

Farael 02-06-2006 05:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Valier
I've sent Tigerlily a pic for this thread, I'm just waiting for it to get posted..Let me know what you guys think(Giggle) :D

Oh, no!!! it was quite fun to imagine you as a big, dancing kitten.... now you'll just ruin my dreams. Although who knows? maybe you ARE a big dancing kitten.

Which reminds me, I might send Tigerlily a pic as soon as my girlfriend decides to send me the ones she took last time.

Valier 02-06-2006 05:36 PM

Don't worry Farael You won't be disappointed!!!! :D

Valier 02-07-2006 04:25 PM

Sorry to double post ...But my pic is up now...(Giggle) Thanks Tigerlily!!!!! :D

Roa_Aoife 02-07-2006 09:35 PM

GASP! You really are a cat!

Nice tatoo, Valier. Is Lea your actual name, or just your initials? Or does it mean something entirely different?

Farael 02-07-2006 09:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Valier
Don't worry Farael You won't be disappointed!!!! :D

Gah, meh and all other dissapointed noises!!! A tatoo just doesn't make it in my book. Either you are a cat or not!! :D but maybe you are one of those weird cats with no hair. Oh, and neat tattoo by the way... not as good as you being a real massive, dancing cat but it is pretty nice.

gralin musicteeth 02-08-2006 09:07 AM

I must say that Bruce MacCulloch rocks.

Valier 02-08-2006 10:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Roa
Nice tatoo, Valier. Is Lea your actual name, or just your initials? Or does it mean somethdifferent?ing entirely

Actually it says LEO, my astrological sign! I am as Leo-ie as it gets! :D

Alkanoonion 02-11-2006 04:20 AM

Some great pictures on your photo page Tigerlily Gamgee
My favourite picture is the one with Child of the 7th Age, Esty, & Thenamir it is good to see members becoming friends outside the forum.
Well done Tigerlily :)

Alkanoonion 02-12-2006 10:07 PM

my new pic

1 Attachment(s)
todays picture taken from my phone

http://www.villagephotos.com/image.asp?id_=15904681

pic was just taken at my work desk :D

Lush 02-12-2006 10:09 PM

Cailin is rocking the Scarlett Johansson/Sylvia Plath look.

Sleepy Ranger 03-01-2006 06:42 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Eomer of the Rohirrim
You do look quite Elven, Cailín. :)

Menel, do you watch wrestling? You remind me of Edge. :D

And I wonder if you've noticed that Captain of Despair looks like Christian...
Oh my! We have E&C on the 'Downs! That so reeks of awesomeness!

Anyway, this thread needs more Sleepy Ranger.

Eomer of the Rohirrim 03-01-2006 12:05 PM

At the risk of sounding stupid...

...how do you attach a photo to the thread? Must it be a website address?

Sleepy Ranger 03-01-2006 12:10 PM

Quote:

At the risk of sounding stupid...

...how do you attach a photo to the thread? Must it be a website address?

Scroll down, under submit reply there should be a couple of options-

Miscellaneous Options
Show your signature
Automatically parse links in text
Disable smilies in text
Attach Files
Valid file extensions: bmp doc gif jpe jpeg jpg pdf png psd txt zip

Thread SubscriptionNotification Type:
Do not subscribe No email notification Instant email notification Daily email notification Weekly email notification
Rate Thread
If you like, you can add a score for this thread.
Choose a rating 5 : Excellent 4 : Good 3 : Average 2 : Bad 1 : Terrible

the guy who be short 03-01-2006 01:30 PM

Neither Glirdy or Formen look anything how I expected them to look.

Form, for me, has always been a tall, gangly, pale fellow; so tall, in fact, that he swayed with the wind.

Glirdan... well, I simply expected him to look more hyper. Where's the manic glint in the eyes?

Glirdan 03-01-2006 04:56 PM

Quote:

Glirdan... well, I simply expected him to look more hyper. Where's the manic glint in the eyes?
Oh, that's actually a very bad picture of me. I could send in a picture of me looking like myself, but I don't think you'd be able to see the manic gleam. :D

Roa_Aoife 03-01-2006 05:15 PM

I find it harder and harder to believe your true age, Sleepy.

Nilpaurion Felagund 03-01-2006 06:43 PM

Re:

Quote:

I find it harder and harder to believe your true age, Sleepy. (Roa)
I agree. He looks older than me. Well, at least, more mature.

And I'm supposed to be a few months off two decades of existence.

Formendacil lacks the gruff (or arrogant, depending on the moment :p ) look on his face. He looks . . . tame.

If I tried very hard, I can connect Glirdan with his posts, although I agree with daga'y here. Where's the manic glint?

Glirdan 03-01-2006 07:23 PM

Quote:

If I tried very hard, I can connect Glirdan with his posts,
Really? Well, let's test that theory out. Now, no looking at the calendar...how old am I?? ;)

By the way, I've never seen myself having a maniac glint in my eyes....Maybe I really should send in a different pic of me....

The Only Real Estel 03-08-2006 06:45 PM

Hopefully I'll be getting a new picture up here soon - one that's not roughly two & a half years old, inverted, & misleading as to the number of eyes that I have. :D

wilwarin538 03-09-2006 03:50 PM

Quote:

I've never seen myself having a maniac glint in my eyes
But I have! There is a definite glinty maniacleness in his eyes. ;)

Diamond18 03-12-2006 05:01 PM

This or That?

I'm debating between two similar pictures to send to Tigerlily. This or this.

They are each 4 years old (to the month) but sadly, remain the best pictures ever taken of me. :p

Though of course, there's always this as well....

littlemanpoet 03-12-2006 05:12 PM

You nut, Di18. :) What about that demure, lovely one? You know the one of which I speak...... ;)

I really think the Scots Jersey ought to be given to Eomer of the Rohirrim. :D

Diamond18 03-12-2006 05:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by littlemanpoet
You nut, Di18. :) What about that demure, lovely one? You know the one of which I speak...... ;)

I just think those capture the "inner me" better than any other. :p

I assume LMP is referring to this , which happens to be almost 3 years old. I thought I used to have it up at Alk's page, but I may be wrong. More recently I have been caught at a wedding, and appear none too pleased. But truly, who cares about me? What you all want to see are pictures of my car.

Tigerlily Gamgee 03-13-2006 04:00 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I'm taking the first one, Diamond18... you look fierce! Heheh. Love the hair!!!

So, as soon as I crop and upload the five new photos I have ya'll should check ou the page again for new (and updated) faces!

Also... thanks to those who wished me a happy birthday over on the photo page... but... err... my birthday isn't until May 23rd. Hahaha. It was surprising to see birthday wishes over there. Tee hee! Come back on May 23rd and send wishes again :-)

Lastly... here's a recent pic of me to share. I got this new fitness gear from Niketown and it's hot! I love it! I'm working on my Eowyn-esk physique :-D

Feanor of the Peredhil 03-13-2006 04:46 PM

Tig, may I have your abs?

the phantom 03-13-2006 09:00 PM

I saw that pic last weekend on Myspace, Tig, and I haven't been able to get it out of my head since.

You are....well... hotness incarnate.

Glirdan 03-14-2006 08:11 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I just sent in a new picture. But I still don't think you'll see that manic glint in my eyes. You'd have to meet me face to face in order to see it. :D But I'll post the new pic here.

Tigerlily Gamgee 03-14-2006 08:45 PM

Quote:

I saw that pic last weekend on Myspace, Tig, and I haven't been able to get it out of my head since.
Well, why didn't you post and say so on MySpace then, hmmmmmmm Mr. Phantom??? You are too kind :-)

Fea... my abs look nicer in that picture than they really are, I believe... that's why I like that picture... haha.

Glirdan... I'll see if I have time to get that up while at work tomorrow... but I'll get it up as soon as I can. Thanks.

Diamond18 03-14-2006 10:30 PM

Glirdan, is that character in your avatar a male or a female? Because here I was thinking you were a female, because your avatar looked female.

I don't think you look weird in your picture, but the purse in the background is a bit distracting for some reason. :p

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tigger
Fea... my abs look nicer in that picture than they really are, I believe... that's why I like that picture... haha.

Well you won't be seeing a picture of my abs anytime soon. You have shamed the rest of us into hiding, I am sure. :p

Glirdan 03-14-2006 10:46 PM

Quote:

Glirdan, is that character in your avatar a male or a female? Because here I was thinking you were a female, because your avatar looked female.
No, it's a male. It's a character from Final Fantasy nine (one of the best Playstation 1 games in the world!! :D ). But I do see how you can get confused. Sorry for that confusion Diamond.

Quote:

Glirdan... I'll see if I have time to get that up while at work tomorrow... but I'll get it up as soon as I can. Thanks.
Thanks Tig. I like that picture better anyway...

Telperaca 03-17-2006 09:07 AM

..to post a picture or not - that is the question...

Valier 03-17-2006 10:38 AM

The answer to your question is YES you should!:D

Eomer of the Rohirrim 03-21-2006 09:39 AM

That's a lovely family pic, Telperaca.

Incidentally, I will be trying to convince SamwiseGamgee to pose for a photo with me at his upcoming wedding. It's about time I make good on that kilt promise. :D

Mithalwen 03-21-2006 11:37 AM

Quote:

Incidentally, I will be trying to convince SamwiseGamgee to pose for a photo with me at his upcoming wedding. It's about time I make good on that kilt promise. :D

*thud*

Feanor of the Peredhil 03-21-2006 11:46 AM

Quote:

It's about time I make good on that kilt promise. :D

*swoons*

Lhunardawen 03-22-2006 05:27 AM

Quote:

:eek:

Eomer of the Rohirrim 03-22-2006 07:41 AM

You weirdos. :p

Feanor of the Peredhil 03-22-2006 07:44 AM

You know you like it.