The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum (http://forum.barrowdowns.com/index.php)
-   Middle-earth Mirth (http://forum.barrowdowns.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Tol-in-Guarhoth CIX - Ten Year Anniversary Game: Dead Thread (http://forum.barrowdowns.com/showthread.php?t=18896)

Aganzir 06-07-2015 06:41 PM

Anyway, how about that summary post for the newly deceased?

Let me start.
  • Please tell us your role. Unless you're a gifted who's going back to the Living thread and you feel you'll get more information out of us by keeping it a secret.
  • Loslote is (obiously) a wolf.
  • Aganzir is the Hunter.
  • Greenie is prey.
  • Mac is possibly also a wolf and we're kind of working on that assumption but we're not sure. Because we're not sure Nerwen was telling the truth. Or are we? We're divided here.
  • Whether we're voting on role reveal or empowerment, let's try not to split the vote so the wolves can't hijack it. Because we don't know how many wolves there are, the known innocents (at the moment Agan and Greenie) will preferably lead the voting in order to avoid a tie.
  • When you die and enter this thread, phantom will tell you something totally unexpected but we swear it's 100% true.
Feel free to edit and add things... and quote it somewhere they can see it easily?

And it's bedtime for me.

the phantom 06-07-2015 06:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Firefoot
I still think there's a solid possibility Mac was a wolf, so I'm happy enough with whoever offed him.

Quote:

Macalaure (killed by ?) - would be my top pick for a wolf in this group

Quote:

I was already inclined to vote for Lottie (in the absence of a lover scheme anyway) and this sort of seals the deal. I was already inclined to trust Nerwen, and the two people she named topped my suspect list anyway.

And then with what I said yesterday-
Quote:

Originally Posted by phantom
Firefoot could be a Wolf. Or Lottie could be painting her as a Wolf because she wants her pack to kill her but does not want the Ranger to protect her (i.e. she actually suspects her of being the Seer & the Legate-Seer thing is a clever ruse).

So if FF is the Seer maybe she received the guilty dreams as well and hopes Nerwen notes her agreement?

Anyway, just posting that to keep myself and others from allowing assumption to get in the way of seeing other possibilities however unlikely (I keep doing that- sort of burring what's actually known and what we have to assume for scenarios, heh).

Just about anything could be happening after the weird triple kill and transmitted dream. Can't wait to see what happens in the narration.

(x-post: you're wonderful, dear)

Loslote 06-07-2015 06:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rikae (Post 698312)
And then Nerwen says in #466
"Now, what do people think of our little snow flower, Lottie?"

And then Boro in #481
"
Lottie, I haven't formed much of an opinion on, she's skating under my nose."

Snow flower? Skating?

'Loslote' is bastardized Elvish for snow flower. ;)

Rikae 06-07-2015 07:18 PM

Still looks like a signal to me. Especially since, in his reply, Boro singled Lottie out with that "skating" phrase (which is weird sounding to me, at any rate), while lumping together a whole bunch of others (Lommy, Firefoot and Form) under "I still am getting a lost, don't have many clues feel"

It would also seem he dreamed Nilp and morm as innocents.

Rikae 06-07-2015 07:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aganzir (Post 698317)
I'm not sure I see the connection. Something in Nerwen's phrasing caught my eye when she mentioned my idea of gifteds signalling each other, but I don't see how they could have reached an understanding in such a short time. Did Boro say anything about Nerwen before?

Basically, I think she grabbed his attention by talking about your gifted-signaling talk, and then he used the skating phrasing to confirm that the "snow flower" was a wolf...

I could be wrong about what's going on there, but I'm sure something's going on there. Nerwen seemed very pointed in those posts, and she replied to Boro's "skating" post with "Thank you. I want to hear from a few more people, though.".

Like I said, it struck me as weird yesterDay already, though I wasn't paying close attention.

the phantom 06-07-2015 07:37 PM

Did I SERIOUSLY just watch/hear that. :eek: :(

(not referencing the game, I'm sure someone knows what I'm talking about)

Rikae 06-07-2015 07:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the phantom (Post 698324)
Did I SERIOUSLY just watch/hear that. :eek: :(

(not referencing the game, I'm sure someone knows what I'm talking about)

If it's what I think, we'll find out after DL *makes popcorn*

So nobody spoil!

the phantom 06-07-2015 07:58 PM

Okay, it's over here. And no spoilers, I promise. :cool:

Kuruharan 06-07-2015 08:02 PM

The NIGHT passed slowly and with long debate.

The denizens flickered and darted trying to probe the natures of their neighbors.

They finally determined that in his former life Legate was Prey.

Then, the waiting, having little else to do, they spent the remaining time debating the events in the world of the Living.

The mists stirred, as all knew they would...

Firefoot and Lalaith were suddenly among them.

Somehow given the scale of the calamity besetting them, only having two new friends seemed like something of a blessing.

Was there even any cake left?

The Missing or Dead:
Kuruharan
Nogrod
the phantom
Rune Son of Bjarne
Aganzir
A Little Green
(Prey)
Macalaure
Rikae
Legate of Amon Lanc
(Prey)
Loslote
Firefoot
Lalaith

The Living:
Formendacil
satansaloser2005
McCaber
Boromir88
Nerwen
Thinlómien
Eomer of the Rohirrim
mormegil
Nilpaurion Felagund
Shastanis Althreduin
Mithalwen
Kath

Illusion:
Gwathagor
(Ordo)

Rikae 06-07-2015 08:03 PM

Hello Firefoot and Lalaith! Welcome to the party!

:D

the phantom 06-07-2015 08:05 PM

Welcome to our new Dead! This is the cool thread. Obviously.

The first thing you need to know- my role is The Third Wheel. My goal is to hang around the Lovers and make them feel awkward. As you can imagine being in an entirely different thread makes it difficult to fulfill my purpose. Ah well...

Loslote 06-07-2015 08:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kuruharan (Post 698328)
Firefoot and Lalaith were suddenly among them.

Awww, my packmates sent me a present. <3

Kuruharan 06-07-2015 08:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the phantom (Post 698332)
The first thing you need to know- my role is The Third Wheel. My goal is to hang around the Lovers and make them feel awkward. As you can imagine being in an entirely different thread makes it difficult to fulfill my purpose. Ah well...

Ah ha ha ha ha ha ha ha!

This is, of course, totally true.:D

Rikae 06-07-2015 08:07 PM

Our lovely hunter made a post to get you up to speed:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aganzir (Post 698318)
Anyway, how about that summary post for the newly deceased?

Let me start.
  • Please tell us your role. Unless you're a gifted who's going back to the Living thread and you feel you'll get more information out of us by keeping it a secret.
  • Loslote is (obiously) a wolf.
  • Aganzir is the Hunter.
  • Greenie is prey.
  • Mac is possibly also a wolf and we're kind of working on that assumption but we're not sure. Because we're not sure Nerwen was telling the truth. Or are we? We're divided here.
  • Whether we're voting on role reveal or empowerment, let's try not to split the vote so the wolves can't hijack it. Because we don't know how many wolves there are, the known innocents (at the moment Agan and Greenie) will preferably lead the voting in order to avoid a tie.
  • When you die and enter this thread, phantom will tell you something totally unexpected but we swear it's 100% true.
Feel free to edit and add things... and quote it somewhere they can see it easily?

And it's bedtime for me.

Edit: X'd with everyone since phantom's 100% true post

the phantom 06-07-2015 08:07 PM

And by the way, we've figured out who is doing all the killing.

Rikae 06-07-2015 08:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the phantom (Post 698337)
and by the way, we've figured out who is doing all the killing.

:d

the phantom 06-07-2015 08:14 PM

Lalaith and Firefoot- if I find out after the game that you've been entirely truthful to me in everything you say in this thread, I will have Mith and Sally send you some cookies.

the phantom 06-07-2015 08:28 PM

Lalaith got killed because of this post-
Clicky-Clicky

Before the Nerwen reveal, but after she asked for feedback, Lal said she didn't like the two Wolves the dream gave us- Lottie and Mac. Thus, Wolves assume Lal could be the Seer.

Rikae 06-07-2015 08:40 PM

So now somehow Firefoot is the only person who can make a list for the dead to communicate with? :rolleyes:

Sally... :mad:

Firefoot 06-07-2015 08:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rikae (Post 698352)
So now somehow Firefoot is the only person who can make a list for the dead to communicate with? :rolleyes:

Sally... :mad:

Of course, I'm indispensable. :p

Thanks for the summary, I was going to ask for it... the length of this thread is daunting. I'm a plain vanilla ordo whose hunches were apparently too good, for once (I guess I'm better at this game when I don't have enough time for it?).

the phantom 06-07-2015 09:19 PM

I definitely would like to see Lalaith and Firefoot summarize themselves (suspicions & defenses through yesterday & theories on own deaths & new thoughts after being dead etc.).

Firefoot 06-07-2015 09:50 PM

I literally have no idea what's going on anymore - I finished yesterDay thinking I was really on top of things and now... not so much.

I have no idea why Lottie jumped on me - yesterDay I thought it was because she legitimately thought I was a wolf from the other pack, but in this thread she confessed she lied about the lynching pattern. Both packs, of course, would know she had lied in that case... and the other pack would know I wasn't on their pack. I think I was probably taken out by Lottie's pack though.

Until you guys revealed that Greenie was innocent, I was also convinced she was one of Lottie's packmates, and that Legate was the seer, since it all seemed to line up so nicely (too nicely, I guess) - despite the fact that looking at them independently, I didn't think Greenie was suspicious or Legate was seerish. :rolleyes:

I've thought since Day 1 that Nerwen was a lover, which seems to line up with what you all were thinking here.

And if you think I over-reacted to Lottie yesterday... I was looking for good discussion all day and nobody was responding... Gah. Maybe I wouldn't be dead if I'd held my tongue. Maybe I still would be though. At least I was taken out by wolves and not the village, so that's a win for me I guess. :rolleyes:

I'm too tired to keep making sense, but I've at least skimmed the whole thread (glad to see a lot of it was fluffy).

Firefoot 06-07-2015 09:51 PM

Also, given the posting rate of the village and the amount of false information we thought we'd figured out... my outlook for the village is bleak. :(

Loslote 06-07-2015 09:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Firefoot (Post 698358)
I literally have no idea what's going on anymore - I finished yesterDay thinking I was really on top of things and now... not so much.

I have no idea why Lottie jumped on me - yesterDay I thought it was because she legitimately thought I was a wolf from the other pack, but in this thread she confessed she lied about the lynching pattern. Both packs, of course, would know she had lied in that case... and the other pack would know I wasn't on their pack. I think I was probably taken out by Lottie's pack though.

I did not confess to having lied. I said I refused to stand behind what I had said. Maybe I lied. Maybe I didn't. Either way, I had reason to believe then and still believe now that you are a wolf.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Firefoot (Post 698359)
Also, given the posting rate of the village and the amount of false information we thought we'd figured out... my outlook for the village is bleak. :(

:D

Firefoot 06-07-2015 10:13 PM

Well, if Boro is telling the truth on his most recent post, it means both wolf packs had me killed last night. I feel so special. :Merisu: It also means I'm innocent, so there. :D

the phantom 06-07-2015 10:17 PM

Or only one Wolfpack killed you and the other was blocked by the Ranger.

Firefoot 06-07-2015 10:25 PM

phantom, you're a buzzkill. :p

the phantom 06-07-2015 10:27 PM

Or the other Wolfpack also targeted Lalaith.

Or there is only one Wolfpack.

:p

the phantom 06-07-2015 10:27 PM

Endless possibilities. We know nothing! :D

the phantom 06-07-2015 10:30 PM

But time to actually get serious and try a bit of thinking. Need to see what if any implications there are with this Boro reveal...

Loslote 06-07-2015 10:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the phantom (Post 698369)
Endless possibilities. We know nothing! :D

We can't even be pretentious philosophers about it, because we don't necessarily even know that we know nothing. The whole thing is just really bad. :p

the phantom 06-07-2015 10:32 PM

I wonder if Boro has any extra abilities (kill only works when offing a Wolf? gets to scry? etc.).

I ask because the Lalaith kill might've been rather risky unless he knew something, given that she agreed with both of the Wolf-dreams even before Nerwen revealed them.

Loslote 06-07-2015 10:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the phantom (Post 698373)
I wonder if Boro has any extra abilities (kill only works when offing a Wolf? gets to scry? etc.).

It looks like something of the kind, since he wasn't sure if he was, in fact, responsible for her death. He did ask the Dead thread to check her, though, so maybe it only works when offing someone with a special role (i.e., wolf or Gifted, in this game)? And that might explain why he chose Lalaith - he would've wanted to chose someone who could have been a wolf but could not have been a Gifted, and Lalaith would fit that description decently well.

the phantom 06-07-2015 11:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Boro
I'm saying I'm responsible for the 3rd kill (Mac) on NIGHT 3, and that I also had a decision to make on to take someone else out last night, and decided Lalaith. But I have no way of confirming whether she's a wolf (and so I would request for the dead to check her on their next chance), or if I was wrong and one pack made the same selection.

Ah, I guess that can be taken for confirmation on how the role functions. It only works if he gets a Wolf.

That makes Mac a guarantee, but we don't know about Lalaith since there were only two kills.

Rikae 06-07-2015 11:36 PM

So... done watching that awfulness. These days it's really only morbid curiosity that keeps me watching. Anyway...

Boro's reveal doesn't ring true. One or both of he & Nerwen are lying. Nerwen gets special dreams, plus Boro gets free wolf-assassinations? Nah, not buying that.

the phantom 06-07-2015 11:43 PM

Unless both strange events are a result of Boro. (Upon successful Wolf-kill the Seer's dreams go to someone else?)

But of course the more obvious possibility is that Nerwen pretended to be an Ordo receiving dreams to cover her own Seership.

Rikae 06-08-2015 12:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the phantom (Post 698382)
Unless both strange events are a result of Boro. (Upon successful Wolf-kill the Seer's dreams go to someone else?)

But of course the more obvious possibility is that Nerwen pretended to be an Ordo receiving dreams to cover her own Seership.

Yes, but that wouldn't have helped her a whole lot... most likely the wolves would have gone for her anyway.
Which they may have even done, (if Boro does get to assassinate) and there was a ranger save. In which case, they're aware and will take her out toNight.

Hang on, going to look through yesterDay again...

Rikae 06-08-2015 12:25 AM

Boro #408

"I sure hope this special unknown role isn't some maniac assassin. It would be nice to have a weapon against the wolves that can bite them in the night, but it would be most dreadful if it was just kind of blind night-time killer. This could be a really quick game if there's 2 wolf packs, and a blood-thirsty night maniac. It begs the question is this only a once every other night killer? Or maybe that "individual itch" in the DAY 2 narration was the hint, that the target (either Rune or the phantom) was the same, and thus only 2 kills."

From yesterDay. So there's that.

Anyway, I've been looking for any mention of Lalaith (from Nerwen or Boro) and nada. Well, until Boro's "Lalaith? Puzzling. " toDay.

Why Lalaith, anyway? Eomer and Nilp seemed to be more on the radar as possible wolves.

Rikae 06-08-2015 12:34 AM

Ok, Boro just now:

"someone who seemed to know too much, but I judged she wasn't the seer."

I assume this refers to Lal's post that phantom quoted as a possible reason the wolves would have killed her.

Anyway, I see Nerwen picked up on this:
"naming those three as looking innocent *could* have looked like a hint- but only to a pack that did not contain Macalaure. Now Lottiewolf says that Mac was one of her rivals, and that it was his pack, not hers, that killed Rikae."
So that's good.

the phantom 06-08-2015 12:48 AM

Wait- Nerwen was trying to say that only a pack not containing Mac would think who was what? (edit: and because why?)