The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum (http://forum.barrowdowns.com/index.php)
-   Middle-earth Mirth (http://forum.barrowdowns.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Paper Telephone. (http://forum.barrowdowns.com/showthread.php?t=13160)

Hookbill the Goomba 09-27-2007 02:24 AM

We need at least one more volunteer for drawing!
Does anyone object to doubles?

- Hookbill (Draw)
- Lommy (Write)
- Volo (Draw)
- Firefoot (Write)
- Finduilas (Draw)
- Legate of Amon Lanc (Write)
- Aganzir (Draw)
- Kitanna (Write)
- ????? (Draw)
- The Elf-warrior (Write)
_____

- Lommy (Draw)
- Volo (Write)
- Firefoot (Draw)
- Finduilas (write)
- Legate of Amon Lanc (Draw)
- Aganzir (write)
- Kitanna (draw)
- ????? (Write)
- The Elf-warrior (Draw)

Thinlómien 09-27-2007 02:53 AM

I'm all for doubles: writing and drwaing are both so much fun and it's always serious trouble trying to decide which one to do! :D

Legate of Amon Lanc 09-27-2007 04:59 AM

Doubles? Great! That would be the first time I'm trying it, it will surely be funny. It's good in trying both (and in the horror of realizing, when it's your second turn, what was made of the original concept you received the first time).

Finduilas 09-27-2007 08:23 AM

Works fine for me.

Hookbill the Goomba 10-05-2007 03:44 AM

Well, I'll make a start. Although we still need at least one more volenteer. Let us hope one comes before time runs out! :eek:

- Hookbill (Write)
- Lommy (Draw)
- Volo (Write)
- Firefoot (Draw)
- Finduilas (Write)
- Aganzir (Write)
- Kitanna (Draw)
- Gil-Galad (Write)
- The Elf-warrior (Draw)
- Lommy (Write)
- Volo (Draw)
- Firefoot (Write)
- Finduilas (Draw)
- Legate of Amon Lanc (write)
- Aganzir (Draw)
- Kitanna (Write)
- Gil-Galad (Draw)

Gil-Galad 10-05-2007 09:15 AM

i'm in

Thinlómien 10-13-2007 05:54 PM

May we have an update on where's it going? :)

Hookbill the Goomba 10-14-2007 01:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thinlómien (Post 534028)
May we have an update on where's it going? :)

Eek, sorry, yeah....

Aganzir has the task at the moment.

Hookbill the Goomba 10-17-2007 08:59 AM

Aganzir isn't responding... Is s/he dead* or something?

*Yes, I know this is the Barrow Downs and we're all 'Dead', but I mean the boring sort of dead.

Thinlómien 10-17-2007 09:14 AM

No she's not dead :D, (she was without a net access since Sunday afternoon), but she's back home now so I guess she should be responding soon... (I know her from RL.)

Aganzir 10-17-2007 03:15 PM

I have now sent my sentence. Sorry for being late - I had no idea my turn would be so soon because when I had a chance to check the Downs last time it still seemed to be Volo's turn. Lommy has already explained the rest.

Hookbill the Goomba 10-20-2007 12:49 PM

We're up to part two! It's really looking brilliant so far! :D

Thinlómien 11-02-2007 02:18 PM

I'd so much like to see what comes out of this...

Can't wait anymore... Hurry up, people! :p ;)

Hookbill the Goomba 11-02-2007 02:57 PM

I'm still waiting for Finduilas' drawing... I think I'll send another PM...

Finduilas 11-02-2007 03:34 PM

My greatest apologies to each and every one of you. I will admit that drawing on the computer isn't one of my strong points.:rolleyes:

So, Hookbill should get the picture sometime tonight, but it will be... well, far from satisfactory. Ever so sorry.

Thinlómien 11-03-2007 02:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Finduilas (Post 535200)
My greatest apologies to each and every one of you. I will admit that drawing on the computer isn't one of my strong points.:rolleyes:

So, Hookbill should get the picture sometime tonight, but it will be... well, far from satisfactory. Ever so sorry.

Don't worry, Fin, it isn't one of my strongest points either (and I'm probably right if I say it's not the strong point of all other 'downers either) - but that's the thing that makes it fun! I mean, for example, my pictures wouldn't be half as silly as they are if I really could use paint like pen and paper... :D

Legate of Amon Lanc 11-04-2007 05:32 PM

People, this one must be really brutal... with the double rounds, when one has the possibility to see how the thing has mutated, he is just left to speculation how that came to this... (I have some ideas on which things developed out of what. But it's absolutely horrific and I cannot explain the process anyway.)

I am really eager to see it all...

Thinlómien 11-05-2007 03:33 AM

Well, to be honest I've already forgotten what I drew and I have only vague recollections of the sentence I wrote... So for me at least it will be a brand new surprise... :D

Legate of Amon Lanc 11-07-2007 02:44 AM

We are almost at the end! I can't wait! Hurry up, people!

...no, you can take your time, of course the better you make it, the more fun it's going to be... just that... I'm really eager to see this one.

Hookbill the Goomba 11-09-2007 02:48 AM

Sorry folks...

I lost all the information, so we'll have to start again...

- Hookbill (Write)
- Lommy (Draw)
- Volo (Write)
- Firefoot (Draw)
- Finduilas (Write)
- Aganzir (Write)
- Kitanna (Draw)
- Gil-Galad (Write)
- The Elf-warrior (Draw)
- Lommy (Write)
- Volo (Draw)
- Firefoot (Write)
- Finduilas (Draw)
- Legate of Amon Lanc (write)
- Aganzir (Draw)
- Kitanna (Write)
- Gil-Galad (Draw)

Ah, only joking...

We began with some unusual stuff going on in the Downs...

"As the Barrow Wight's head fell off, The Necromancer realised where he might have gone wrong in choosing dead people as his servants..."

Lommy was attacked by a gang of vicious Italian plumbers armed with mushrooms. But she still found time to draw this:

http://i20.tinypic.com/hwi9mh.jpg

Volo was captured by armed criminals. Then called the police. Then came home and wrote this:

"Sauron is changing sides once again, but has trouble getting rid of his undead army"

Firefoot's fire hands were put to the test for a drawing contest...

http://i22.tinypic.com/154uk4n.jpg

There was nothing for it! Finduilas had no choice but the shoot a goose out of a cannon and then come home and write some weird stuff...

"The Army of the Dead marched about to attack Sauron's right flank. Thinking that anything dead and as repulsive as the green army must be his own minions, the walking Sauron reproved them with a terrible voice from his flaming eye. The dead army stared at him in confusion." [I cut this down because it was too long, but the essence is still there. Sorry Finduilas, hope you're not offended.]

Legate was happy to eat the cakes we provided him. All 45000 of them. Then he drew this...

http://i22.tinypic.com/30bml9y.jpg

We all hoped that Aganzir wouldn't be tempted by the mountain of chocolate. So we distracted him with some tactful Paper Telephone writing...

"Sauron In Boots tries to scare off an army of Dead Men, Gollum the mummy, a white dwarf and a slimy green thing in order to prevent them attack the Morgul-host"

Hookbill the Goomba 11-09-2007 02:49 AM

Kitanna's face filled with dead. How could such a thing be captured in a picture? Well, we soon found out...

http://i21.tinypic.com/2ntzamq.jpg

Gil-Galad faced terrible odds. And Evens. But soon all numbers were put aside in favour of words...

"Gandalf countered the With-Kings mummy-Gollum summon with creept ghosts, but alas the With-King said a mighty "go away" and beat them back as well encouraging Gandalf to surrender to W-K's mighty boots"

The Elf-warrior's adventure began with a bang! So they say. But it probably actually started with breakfast and a drawing...

http://i21.tinypic.com/14tv3tt.jpg

So we began Part 2. Lommy returned with a hand full of soil and a face full of cake for no real reason...

"Three walking eggs fuss around while a beardless Gandalf is begging for mercy and Egg #1 is crying Gollum's name"

Volo drifted off into the sea. But we put a stop to that nonsense...

http://i22.tinypic.com/2j28e1g.jpg

Firefoot's eyes were given a real hard time on this task... So she learned to read Braille and we were okay...

"Heedless of his companion's advice, Gandalf lost his beard because he refused to hide it under his pillow, thereby turning said companion and Gollum into rather egg-shaped beings with chicken legs."

Hookbill the Goomba 11-09-2007 02:50 AM

Finduilas was just as confused as the rest of us.

http://i14.tinypic.com/645iet1.jpg

Legate had no choice but to write to his local MP. But we intercepted it...

"During Gandalf's stay at Bree, the squint-eyed companion of Bill Ferny stole the wizard's beard in hope to sell it to the Black Riders for a high price. After Strider started to remind his friend about safe ways to protect one from night raids during an inn stay, the angered old wizard, desperate because of his loss, turned the honorable Ranger Captain into an enormous egg."

Aganzir fired several people into the sun. Then drew this...

http://i20.tinypic.com/2llou82.jpg

Kitanna wrote an epic poem. But we burned it in Mount Zoom... So instead she wrote this...

After a pint at the Prancing Pony, Gandalf explains to Aragorn the dangers of letting Hobbits trim your beard when the Nazgul are abroad

Gil was forced to draw a picture whether he liked it or not...

http://i13.tinypic.com/6psaamw.jpg

The Elf-warrior finished off this dive into what must be the most unusual Paper Telephone yet...

It was a bad idea giving Boromir a spear back then and it was still a bad idea, Gandalf thought as he faced the prospect of death by spear

Thinlómien 11-09-2007 02:59 AM

:D:D:D

That was surely one of the funniest this far!

Awesome pics and captions. I laughed so much. And this time the message really changed a lot. Hahaha, I'm still laughing. This really made my day.

Legate of Amon Lanc 11-09-2007 03:00 AM

:D :D :D !!!

Total madness???

(Call me back after a few minutes when I catch my breath)

Aganzir 11-09-2007 03:33 AM

Oh dear. It's so nice to burst out laughing in the quiet school library. This is the craziest and the funniest I've ever seen.

The Might 11-09-2007 09:27 AM

I must admit, the pasrt with the eggs was great. I actually still wonder why Elf Warrior drew an egg-shaped WK. :D

I must say, Legate, you've drawn quite a work of art there. What program(s) did you use?

Volo 11-09-2007 10:26 AM

Craziest this was, if nothing more!

Very good phrases here too.

EDIT: Oh my, I just noticed Gandalf's double-back :$

Kitanna 11-09-2007 11:13 AM

Oh my!
I really want to know where those eggs came. Oh such confusion!

But hilarious none the less.

Aganzir 11-10-2007 03:10 PM

Something I forgot to ask in my previous post: who's going to mod the next round? :)
Whoever it is, you can put my name on the list. Drawing, unless we'll have doubles again.

Nimrodel_9 11-10-2007 03:19 PM

Wow! That was hilarious! :D

I think it's time I came back and joined in. I would like to write in the next round. :)

Legate of Amon Lanc 11-10-2007 03:23 PM

Since this one was so great, I just have to sign up once again. If possible, I'd like to draw, though if there's a problem with the roles, I can take writing as well. Of course, if a mod is found.

Hookbill the Goomba 11-10-2007 03:35 PM

If someone else could mod I'd be very happy. I'd like to do some writing or drawing. I hope we has doubles again! :D

The Elf-warrior 11-10-2007 08:33 PM

I'm not a good drawer. I did a second drawing, but I figured it wasn't much better, so I decided I would go with my first draft. In the second drawing, the W-K looks suspiciously like a caterpillar.

Thinlómien 11-10-2007 08:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hookbill the Goomba (Post 535724)
If someone else could mod I'd be very happy.

I honestly promise to mod the one after this upcoming one, but I really can't fill my promise of modding sometime right now as my ww game is starting soon (and that's modding enough for me). :) Let's hope there's someone who can mod now.

I'd like to sign up, though, and preferably draw, it's so funny. :D

Hookbill the Goomba 11-18-2007 04:38 PM

Well, looks like no one is offering, so I'll mod again, if that's okay with everyone. :)

But this time we'll START with a picture... *sinister laugh*

Let us see what happens...

Hookbill - Draw
Nimrodel_9 - write
Aganzir - draw
Legate of Amon Lanc - write
Thinlómien - draw
Volo - Write
The Elf-warrior - draw
The Might - write

Volo 11-19-2007 07:58 AM

I'm in!

The Elf-warrior 11-19-2007 10:08 PM

Me too! I'll do either role, but beware my dreadful drawings!

The Might 11-20-2007 11:22 AM

Sign me up for writing.

Hookbill the Goomba 11-22-2007 02:56 PM

Are there any more takers? I'd like to start before Sunday if that's okay with everyone. So, we could do with a few more volunteers otherwise it'll be doubles again...

Hookbill - Draw
Nimrodel_9 - write
Aganzir - draw
Legate of Amon Lanc - write
Thinlómien - draw
Volo - Write
The Elf-warrior - draw
The Might - write
????? - draw
????? - write
____

Nimrodel_9 - draw
Aganzir - write
Legate of Amon Lanc - draw
Thinlómien - write
Volo - Draw
The Elf-warrior - write
The Might - draw
????? - write
????? - draw

*Warning: shoe lace taster may explode and / or not exist.

Thinlómien 11-23-2007 03:39 AM

But doubles are great fun. :D I still wouldn't mind having a few more people, though: the more the merrier...