The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum (http://forum.barrowdowns.com/index.php)
-   Elvenhome (http://forum.barrowdowns.com/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   ATM II Planning/Discussion Thread (http://forum.barrowdowns.com/showthread.php?t=12815)

Hookbill the Goomba 08-22-2006 10:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Diamond18
I've kidnapped your characters, Hooka, for some completely pointless and more than a little random ice cream humor. Hope you don't mind.

Good stuff, I say! I've got the Barrow Wight drunk again and quoting 'Withnail and I'. :D

Feanor of the Peredhil 08-22-2006 01:22 PM

I'd like to make another time jump soon. Voting open for when I should jump it and how long of a jump there ought to be. I'm thinking a week as the answer to both questions, but I'll leave it up to you guys.

littlemanpoet 08-22-2006 03:02 PM

I thiiiiiink Cel and LMP can work with that.... after all, a nice week-long Dweomerless reverie seems fitting before (doom doom) reality (doom doom) sets back in.... :p

Hookbill the Goomba 08-22-2006 03:05 PM

A week you say? I can work with that. Smilog and Co can have many ambiguous and mysterious adventures that they'll refer back to! :D

Celuien 08-22-2006 04:41 PM

No problems with a time jump here.

Ah, yes. The unfortunate circumstances of (doom, doom) reality (doom, doom). I don't know what Panakeia is going to do when that sets in. ;) :D

Celuien 08-24-2006 04:53 PM

I've been swamped for the past two days and still have loads of work to finish tonight, so I won't be able to fill my save for a couple more days. I should have it done by Saturday afternoon. Sorry for the delay!

Kath 08-24-2006 05:53 PM

It's fine with me. Di's been taking good care of Igor so I can hop in whenever to take him back.

Lhunardawen 08-25-2006 02:07 AM

Maika and Hyarmenwë are kind of stuck in the wardrobe until Form does something (*ehem* :p). And when he (finally) does, I think we'll be fine with a time jump.

However... *points to Form's location*

Feanor of the Peredhil 08-25-2006 07:03 AM

Yes. I know. No rush. I just thought I'd be nice and let everyone know that once they've finished up what's happening just now, I'd like to move things on a bit. Tossing out the idea of a week was a slip of my mind. It does that now and again. ;)

Formendacil 08-26-2006 02:38 PM

Two or three posts back and forth between Lhuna and myself ought to finish things for the moment... Hyarmenwe needs to put a proposition to Maika, and she needs to accept it (well, that's something Lhuna will be deciding one way or another, but it seems the logical assumption). Beyond that, nothing needs to be done in the current day, so as far as I'm concerned, we can move on once that's handled.

Oh, and concerning that, I'm off to post something in respect to that.

Celuien 08-26-2006 08:39 PM

Save filled. Finally. :rolleyes: :)

Anguirel 09-02-2006 05:08 AM

Save filled. Draco has seen the two ambassadors closeted in the wardrobe on his Map and made-or pretended to make-a nasty assumption!

Lhunardawen 09-03-2006 11:13 PM

Somehow I've expected that of Dracomir. I wonder why? :p

Feanor of the Peredhil 09-04-2006 06:33 AM

Looks great, everybody. Let's wrap this day up, shall we?

Formendacil 09-04-2006 02:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Feanor of the Peredhil
Looks great, everybody. Let's wrap this day up, shall we?

Sounds good to me... I think Lhuna and I are ready to reconvene on a later date, after some fresh and unfruitful rounds of negotiations... to attend again to non-negiotiating events.

Although Dracomir's malicious mind could possibly delay things somewhat.

Feanor of the Peredhil 09-04-2006 03:01 PM

Sounds like a plan to me. Ang, we eagerly await your nastiness. :cool:

Anguirel 09-04-2006 03:18 PM

What Roggie makes of Dracomir's denunciation is up to him...

My current SAVE is kind of a "yo-ho, co-workers, I'm still here" post, don't worry about it, go on and finish the day if you like...

Feanor of the Peredhil 09-04-2006 03:44 PM

I'm using Roggie's reaction in the transition. I think. That's subject to change.

Feanor of the Peredhil 09-05-2006 07:38 AM

Okay. For my benefit, who needs another post or two to wrap up, and who is cool for the switch?

Boromir, do you want to throw in a quick "Hey, my food poisoning miraculously went away!" post?

Form and Lhuna, you guys are ready to move on?

Ang, you're always ready for some new opportunity to play. :cool:

LMP and Celuien, looks like you guys have the happy reunion deliciously cloying?

TGWBS and Kath, you're okay for now?

Hookbill, do you need more time for your folks to get arrested or do you want to hit that up in retrospect?

Anybody/everybody?

Hookbill the Goomba 09-05-2006 08:02 AM

Quote:

Hookbill, do you need more time for your folks to get arrested or do you want to hit that up in retrospect?

I'm leaving them on a cliff hanger till the start of the next day... :D

Feanor of the Peredhil 09-05-2006 08:32 AM

The next day is going to be a week later. Is that fine?

Hookbill the Goomba 09-05-2006 08:36 AM

Quote:

The next day is going to be a week later. Is that fine?

That works even better! I have great plans. :smokin:

Celuien 09-05-2006 09:42 AM

Quote:

LMP and Celuien, looks like you guys have the happy reunion deliciously cloying?

I don't have any additional syrup to pour at the moment. :D Ready to jump if LMP is!

littlemanpoet 09-05-2006 10:01 AM

Ready.

Kath 09-05-2006 11:10 AM

I'm quite alright thanks.

Feanor of the Peredhil 09-05-2006 11:21 AM

Most excellent.

Feanor of the Peredhil 09-05-2006 07:03 PM

Lest there be confusion, all ya gotta do is keep writing. Sure, a werewolf just slaughtered somebody. No worries.

Lhunardawen 09-05-2006 09:31 PM

Thanks. I needed that.

Lhuna the initially confused

Formendacil 09-07-2006 06:58 PM

Yes, I've introduced a new character... description will come as soon as I have time. None now.

Hyarmenwe left very abruptly... sorry about that, but neither he nor I deign to make any further comments on the atrocious suggestion of Dracomir. :p

Formendacil 09-08-2006 12:58 PM

As promised, the new character's biography:

NAME: Elrogorn son of Elrohir

AGE: Same as the entire Fourth Age, minus about ten years.

RACE: Dúnedain of Arnor/Noldorin Elf.

WEAPONS: Silver-hilted sword, longbow, quiver of arrows, dagger.

APPEARANCE: Unfairly handsome, Elrogorn is tall, with long, dark hair, brilliant blue eyes, strong and muscular- and tanned. Moves gracefully.

PERSONALITY/STRENGTHS/WEAKNESSES: Elrogorn is a polite, charming, and dashing, with a streak of heroic recklessness at times- which can get him into trouble.

HISTORY: The son of Elrohir, son of Elrond (and thus nephew to Aragorn and Arwen), Elrogorn is also the son of a totally non-canonical blonde half-Elf/half-Arnorian Ranger Princess. As soon as Mordor began to receive assignees, Elrogorn was among the first assigned. Half-Elven Shield-surfers (a trait learned from his "uncle" Legolas) are, quite simply, NOT canonical. His mother was assigned too, but she died in a tragic attack by Wereducks (also being assigned) on their way into Mordor. His father, Elrohir, is believed to have long disappeared into the West, never to mention his wife or son again. Elrogorn, resigned to a life in Mordor, has made it his life's passion to hunt down and destroy all Wereducks he can.

There he is, people... my very non-Canonical new character. He will be in Mordor until the day he dies.

Hookbill the Goomba 09-08-2006 01:24 PM

I hope the conclusion to the cliffhanger was satisfactory. :D

Should I get my characters back to the mountain soon, or at least until the next day when the delegates have finished their 'day off'?

Boromir88 09-08-2006 03:12 PM

Save has been filled, Bearugard's got catching a bit of a gollum today...enjoy. :)

littlemanpoet 09-08-2006 06:29 PM

Formy, normally we co-creators of ATM frown on Elves being anywhere in Middle Earth during the Fourth Age, but this looks inspired. Carry on. :)

Feanor of the Peredhil 09-08-2006 07:44 PM

Elrogorn has had the official Fea Go-Ahead for a while now. I'm glad to see him, Form. He makes me smile.

Formendacil 09-08-2006 10:10 PM

:D
Quote:

Originally Posted by littlemanpoet
Formy, normally we co-creators of ATM frown on Elves being anywhere in Middle Earth during the Fourth Age, but this looks inspired. Carry on. :)

Thanks, LMP... I had already talked this over with Fea, though, so I knew I was in the clear. But your approval is much appreciated.

But really....

What is more likely to belong in Mordor than a Half-Elven, Dripping-of-fanfiction, noncanonical spawn of some poor maligned (and Elven) character?

But the appreciation is much appreciated.

Kath 09-09-2006 11:07 AM

Is it alright if I leave that save up or would you like me to remove it when you all fill yours.

littlemanpoet 09-10-2006 07:59 PM

Ha! Ha! Well done, Fea! :D There has to be one such run in every ATM rpg, and we've got one here now too. :D Nobody gets to fill in their saves, and we simply carry on. That's the way it goes. See ATM 1 for proof and details. Love it. :D

Feanor of the Peredhil 09-11-2006 10:36 AM

Glad you approve, love. :smokin:

Hookbill the Goomba 09-13-2006 02:49 PM

My save is filled. All Blackadder fans may now punch me in the lungs if you wish. :rolleyes:

Lhunardawen 09-17-2006 04:01 AM

I was just wondering...is Dracomir - or Tom, whichever works - a werewolf?

Mind you, I'm aware that this could very well be considered a rhetorical question.