The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum (http://forum.barrowdowns.com/index.php)
-   Elvenhome (http://forum.barrowdowns.com/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   Hard Winters Planning/Discussion Thread (http://forum.barrowdowns.com/showthread.php?t=18888)

littlemanpoet 10-25-2015 07:40 PM

Right then.

So.

What is on the agenda for court this day?

1. Scyld/Nydfara
2. Wilheard?
3. Other?

Galadriel55 10-25-2015 08:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by littlemanpoet (Post 702629)
3. Other?

4. Elfthain
5. Would Cerwyn and Balan arrive by then? Would they present themselves to Eodwine at court? Balan would, but at the very end. I'll let Firefoot speak for Cerwyn.

Firefoot 10-25-2015 08:43 PM

Yes, I think Cerwyn (and by extension Leof...) will end up being part of this court as well.

Folwren 10-26-2015 06:16 AM

Sounds exciting! Poor Wilheard is still sick.

Folwren 10-27-2015 07:14 AM

Sometime today can I go ahead and post about getting ready for the court and pretty much bring us straight up to it?

Firefoot 10-27-2015 07:53 AM

Fine by me. My next post for Cerwyn will bring them to the Hall so the timelines should line up nicely.

Mithalwen 10-27-2015 12:59 PM

So do we play out the court in full with lots of short posts or...?

littlemanpoet 10-27-2015 02:54 PM

Yes, lots of short posts. I'll post soon, when I get a chance.

Folwren 10-27-2015 08:21 PM

I skipped ahead quite a few hours. If anyone wants to add something that goes in the time that I had pass, I'm ok with it. I just wanted to get the ball rolling.

Also, I don't know how anyone thinks that court ought to be set up. I thought of a few different ways and went with what I thought best. If someone would like to suggest a different way, I'm open. Elempi, I imagine you had some ideas about how it would look, too.

Firefoot 10-27-2015 09:15 PM

I'll deal with Leof and Cerwyn's meeting in another post... it's getting late for me. No need to worry about waiting for them though, they might just miss the first part of court.

G55, I put some words in Balan's mouth just to get them to the Hall - if you'd rather he phrased it differently, let me know.

littlemanpoet 10-28-2015 07:53 PM

Looks good to me, Foley.

littlemanpoet 10-30-2015 08:56 PM

That was a fun read, Firefoot! :) Nice interplay.

Folwren 10-30-2015 09:13 PM

Oh, I am SO excited.

Firefoot 10-30-2015 09:40 PM

Thanks, guys. :)

Firefoot 11-03-2015 11:13 AM

Soo... anything we're waiting on?

Folwren 11-03-2015 04:15 PM

Inspiration? I've been trying to think of a post to write for three days now and have come up with nothing. Things have been really hectic for me, though, and that may have something to do with my lack of creativity. I will do my best to think of something tonight.

Mithalwen 11-03-2015 05:47 PM

Sorry I lost a post for Elfthain and haven't got around to reposting. I will try to do now if I can stay awake,

Folwren 11-03-2015 08:11 PM

Marvelous. Glad you posted, Mith, it gave me some stuff to use. I think we can progress with the court now.

Galadriel55 11-03-2015 08:59 PM

I've been waiting for a miracle that would let me dedicate at least half a page of writing to this instead of my biology assignments... :rolleyes: I know what I'll write, at least partially, but as I have a week to do my assignments they have been sucking up all the writing I can do in a day... I keep thinking next week should be easier, but each week they give something new and it starts again...

But I shouldn't hold up the main story. I was planning for Balan to only come forwards at the end of court, and Ledwyn might not show her face at all - or perhaps only in the background.

littlemanpoet 11-04-2015 05:31 AM

It appears I have something for Eodwine to respond to.

Whoever wants to be number one, speak up or start writing. If no-one does so in the next day or so, Eodwine will just go ahead and decide who's number one.

Mithalwen 11-04-2015 02:28 PM

Well I am around but I wouldn't think Elfthain's business would be so important to be up first? However I suppose if Thornden is presenting him then being first would free Thornden to do what he would normally do at court. Would records be kept? Anyway he is at your disposal.

Firefoot 11-04-2015 09:49 PM

Fine with me if Elfthain goes first.

Galadriel55 11-05-2015 06:57 AM

If no one wants to go first, we could have an NPC, or a couple unnamed characters even, briefly mentioned at the beginning to indicate that whoever is going next was not the first.

Folwren 11-05-2015 07:39 AM

Good idea. I'll try to think of some cases that the Eorl would have to hear.

Mithalwen 11-05-2015 02:45 PM

Um some hang over from the winter's trials maybe... bound to be some uncertain inheritance issues if people died out of the normal order of things, orphans to provide for that kind of thing maybe?

Galadriel55 11-05-2015 05:47 PM

Also, the NPCs Lommy introduced - Brith's companions - they are planning to stay, right? So wouldn't they also have to ask leave of the Eorl?

littlemanpoet 11-06-2015 05:25 AM

Good thought, G55. I can work them into another post.

Mithalwen, what do you think of a PM post?

Mithalwen 11-06-2015 07:03 AM

Might save time. I will clear some message space

littlemanpoet 11-10-2015 07:58 PM

Things have been dragging.

If you want to have your character(s) stand before the Eorl holding court, please speak up and say what you want to happen.

Then we can go to private message and build a PM post.

I have started 2 PM posts for this purpose already; one is moving along fairly well, the other is taking more time to develop. Whichever ones get done first, will be posted first. This way, I hope that we avoid losing momentum and people getting tired of waiting. Please assist in this as you are able.

thanks
LMP

Folwren 11-10-2015 09:03 PM

I was waiting, assuming the PM posts were moving along. I don't have anything for my characters at present. I'm ok waiting, so long as I know things are happening in the background.

If I think of anything that needs doing, I'll mention it...or do it.

Mithalwen 11-11-2015 11:04 AM

Sorry I will post and include Folwren. I was just a bit thrown.

littlemanpoet 11-11-2015 07:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mithalwen (Post 702863)
Sorry I will post and include Folwren. I was just a bit thrown.

RL has been very difficult lately, and I apologize for not giving this as much attention as I could.

Please tell me what you think Eodwine should already know about Elfthain. It might help to get past any misunderstandings, etc.

Folwren 11-12-2015 07:53 AM

Mith, your PM box is full.

Mithalwen 11-12-2015 11:22 AM

I have cleared some space

Folwren 11-17-2015 07:33 AM

I want to let you all know that I am still around and I plan to post today. But since plans sometimes go amiss, just know that I'm here, planning....:rolleyes: I will do something in the near future.

littlemanpoet 11-17-2015 08:28 PM

I'm waiting for indications on 2 PMs, whether to post as is, or carry on.

If the court idea is turning out to be a not good way of doing this, we can drop it and move on. I'm not married to the idea.

Does everybody know what they want to do with their characters? If the court is holding stuff up, let's move on!

Galadriel55 11-18-2015 07:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by littlemanpoet (Post 702916)
I'm waiting for indications on 2 PMs, whether to post as is, or carry on.

If the court idea is turning out to be a not good way of doing this, we can drop it and move on. I'm not married to the idea.

Does everybody know what they want to do with their characters? If the court is holding stuff up, let's move on!

I apologize for my silence; it's been a really busy couple weeks. The only plan I have for my characters at the moment is to have Balan step up at the very end of court to present himself and ask permission to stay. It's going to be a very short post and shouldn't have any effect on what happens before or after. It's a really busy time right now, but if the PMs are finishing off I can write that post in the next few days. Would you prefer I post regularly or PM it to you to insert wherever amid the other things?

littlemanpoet 11-18-2015 07:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Galadriel55 (Post 702919)
Would you prefer I post regularly or PM it to you to insert wherever amid the other things?

That's not necessary. I think that one PM post is done and ready, I just need confirmation. The other one is kind of experiencing writer's block, I think. So that's the reason for my previous post. I don't know what's happening, so I asked.

Firefoot 11-18-2015 10:03 PM

Sorry for the hold-up; I just closed out our pm post.

My characters are now ready to move on (good timing too - I have next week off work so should have ample time to write :) ).

Firefoot 11-21-2015 08:27 PM

Once we're ready to move on, I've got at least one thing ready to post. I don't want to cut anyone off, but with things happening via PM it's sort of hard to know how they're moving.

One option too would be to have lmp just insert remaining court posts where appropriate at the end of one of his current posts when they're ready?