The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum (http://forum.barrowdowns.com/index.php)
-   Middle-earth Mirth (http://forum.barrowdowns.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Werewolf IIX - Tra la la lally, here down in the Saga, ha ha! (http://forum.barrowdowns.com/showthread.php?t=12127)

dancing spawn of ungoliant 08-23-2005 01:42 PM

Okay, at least this clears something up.

We have 5 villagers whose identity we don't know + SpM + Durelin (if she really isn't the bear in a cobbler's disguise).
Quote:

Originally Posted by SpM
The only drawback is if I unwittingly kill the Seer tonight. It may therefore be worth the Seer owning up now.

I'd rather keep the Seer around. I think I've spotted the Seer but I'm not sure about that. If the Seer knows one or even two villagers who are innocent, it might be wise to step forth and finish this today. If s/he has been most unlucky, all his/her dream subjects are already dead. Hmm... tricky.

Durelin has voted for herself.
There are 6 votes left. What if everyone votes for him/herself except SpM and probably the Seer if s/he reveals him/herself? If someone doesn't show up and vote, SpM or the Seer can vote for them. That's one shameless way to end this, though.

What if we keep Durelin around and do a double lynching? If the bear isn't among them, there would be (if the Seer reveals him/herself) the bear, Durelin, one gifted and one villager left tomorrow, right? I mean, that's the case if the bear kills the Seer next night. Then the last two villagers vote for themselves. If one of them don't, s/he's the bear and Durelin and the last gifted can save the day. Does this work or am I missing something? This would require some co-operation from Durelin, though. Let's get you to terapy, girl! Life's worth living!

Durelin 08-23-2005 01:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sammy
I think your idea may be the only way we can do it, Saucepan Man, and I'm going to throw my lot in right away. It's the only way it can be done.

*gasps* You're just saying that because I forgot to accuse you! :eek: ;)

Lynch Saucepan Man, he's lying about his hunterness, he got the guardian killed... *insert Jedi mind tricks here*

EDIT: Therapists are tasty...

dancing spawn of ungoliant 08-23-2005 01:49 PM

Ah, sorry for the double. I guess I didn't read SpM's post carefully enough. Yeah, I'm up for it. That plan sounds flawless to me. Only, I'm pretty convinced that Durelin's the Cobbler. Can't we lynch some another people today so we might be done with this sooner? Maybe not. I'll come back later and vote for Durelin, if that's what we have decided then.

SamwiseGamgee 08-23-2005 01:53 PM

I must admit, I was hurt to not be accused by the cobbler! Am I really that boring? :( :p

dancing spawn, I think SpM's plan works better, because it leaves us with better options tomorrow. It requires everyone who's innocent to pull in together, but it can definitely be done. I do agree, however, that if the seer can provide a list of innocents s/he should let us know. What do others think?

SamwiseGamgee 08-23-2005 01:55 PM

Sorry, dancing spawn, cross-posted with you. So, no difference of opinion, then! :D

Durelin 08-23-2005 01:56 PM

I like dancing spawn's plan better... I'll cooperate... You may chop off my tail if I don't!

SamwiseGamgee 08-23-2005 02:00 PM

What do you guys think of the seer dreaming of SpM tonight? It would clear up the possibility of crazy suspicions tomorrow. Or are we comfortable with SpM's innocence? Or perhaps the seer has already dreamed of SpM.

The Saucepan Man 08-23-2005 02:00 PM

Further thoughts ...

Actually, it occured to me on the way back to my hut (ie on the train home) that we can finish this here and now.

Durelin is either the Cobbler (likely) or the Bear (unlikely). She has already voted for herself.

If the Seer reveals him/her-self now, and perhaps identifies one or two others as innocent, we can simply lynch everyone else. (Sorry, I know that sounds harsh, but we don't want the Bear escaping to wreak havoc elsewhere, do we now). This we can do by everyone who is not a known innocent agreeing to vote for one other person who is also not a known innocent, thus:

A (Hunter) - does not vote.
B (Seer) - does not vote.
C (Durelin) - already voted for C
D - votes for E
E - votes for F
F - votes for G
G - votes for D

That assumes that there are only two known innocents. If there are more (because the Seer has identified them), then they don't vote either.

In this situation, the Bear (assuming Durelin is not the Bear) can:

1. vote according to that plan - in which case he dies.

2. vote for a Villager other than the one allocated to him - in which case that Villager dies today, another innocent dies overnight and the Bear is lynched by the remaining innocent Villagers (3 or 4, depending upon whether Durelin survives or not) to-Morrow;

3. vote for himself - in which case he dies; or

4. not vote - in which case he dies and an innocent Villager is saved.

The plan requires that every innocent Villager vote according to the agreed "rota".

Of course, the Bear may declare himself as the Seer. Once the Seer has declared, therefore, we need to wait until every Villager has confirmed that they are not the Seer before we go ahead. If someone else claims to be the Seer, the Bear is clearly one or other of those claiming to be the Seer and we lynch one of them. If he is not the Bear, we lynch the other one to-Morrow.

The same applies with regard to the Hunter role, in the event that you still don't trust me (although looking back through my posts should reveal the clues that I have left).

The only problem with this plan is that, if Durelin is the Bear and the Seer is not able to reveal any other known innocents, then the Cobbler still has an opportunity to put a spanner in the works. I tend to think that Durelin is the Cobbler but, if anyone has any doubts, then we might have to revert to Plan A (see my previous post).

So, what does everyone think?

Edit: Cross-posted with lots of people. Looks like the plan outlined above is out of the window. I'll have to review what everyone has said to catch up ...

SamwiseGamgee 08-23-2005 02:05 PM

It can't work. I already voted for Durelin. Sorry! :(

The Saucepan Man 08-23-2005 02:12 PM

SamwiseGamgee's vote for Durelin means that she has 2 votes. We can't therefore put Plan B into effect. We could go for a double lynching, but I would rather keep as many people around for to-Morrow as possible - just to make sure. Plan A is probably the better one anyway.

I wonder if I could simply not hunt tonight to avoid any possibility of inadvertently killing the Seer? Moddwen?

Of course, it means I'll probably die to-Night and you'll have to be sure that you trust the declared Seer before orchestrating the mass lynching. Also, if this happens, be sure to vote according to the method I outlined above (C votes for D, D votes for E etc), rather than everyone voting for themselves. It avoids the possibility of the Bear not voting and being free to kill another Night.

Quote:

Originally Posted by SamwiseGamgee
What do you guys think of the seer dreaming of SpM tonight? It would clear up the possibility of crazy suspicions tomorrow. Or are we comfortable with SpM's innocence? Or perhaps the seer has already dreamed of SpM.

I suspect that the Seer has already dreamed of me. But, either way, the Seer should not waste time dreaming of me. If you want me to point to some of my earlier clues, I shall. But the Seer should dream of someone else - either to pinpoint the Bear or to have another known innocent around to-Morrow.

dancing spawn of ungoliant 08-23-2005 02:18 PM

Hey guys (and a girl), unfortunately I'm off to bed now. Whatever you decide, I'm up for it.

Boromir88 08-23-2005 02:27 PM

I am the Seer. If I have found the bear I would have fessed up already, but I KNOW two innocents, one I'm pretty confident in.

Indeed Dancing Spawn, I was playing a bold game. My intentions were to stay alive as long as possible, and by doing that I had to look like the bear. The Bear would not kill me if I was being suspected, as long as he/she did not know I was the Seer. So, I may have been playing too boldy, I may not have.

Anyway, I know two innocents...Saucepan and Durelin. Though Durelin appears to be the cobbler. (So, Durelin is not the bear Gurthang).

I feel pretty safe with Dancing Spawn. It appears only her and LMP caught the hints I dropped off...
Quote:

My only diversion comes when talks of votes coming up.
See, I've been sure of Saucepan's innocents for a while. Hence my defense of him. I also, knew Nonnacedak was innocent, why I did not vote, and tried to take suspicion away. Perhaps, I should have voted for someone who would have gotten more votes, but aye I tried.

Quote:

To seereally what I try to do is up for your own interpretation. (emphasis mine)
I had known LMP caught on to this so there was no point in dreaming of him. He either was innocent, or I would be killed the next day. Therefor, when I did not die that night I knew of his innocents. And I'm pretty confident in Dancing Spawn, as for a few days now she's suspected me as the Seer, and since I'm still a live I'm pretty confident in her innocents.

So, that leaves...Meneltarmacil, Samwise, and Gurthang.

The Saucepan Man 08-23-2005 03:00 PM

Thanks for coming forward Boromir88. I did strongly suspect you as the Seer, right back to when LMP noted your supposed "diversionary" behaviour, but I could not be sure that you were not the Bear trying to look like the Seer. Certainly, I have never hunted you.

Of course, to be sure, we have to wait and make sure that no one else confesses to being the Seer. I doubt that anyone will.

In case any doubt reamined over my identity, I have just been gathering together all the clues I left to my identity. I'll set them out anyway, as they vouch for Boromir88's innocence too, I believe.

I use the arrow icon on many of my posts, particularly when accusing or putting forward ideas (although it seems that Menel uses this too - I had not noticed before). It's the sign of the Hunter. :D I would also cite my insistence on Day 1 that we were on starting a wolf hunt (#13 and 22). In my posts, particularly early on, I included lots of references to tracking, hunting, flushing out, bagging etc werecreatures (#80, #85 (final paragraph) and #91 to name but a few). See also posts #97 (having Gil-Galad in my sights - if only I had gone with my initial suspicions of him), #102 and #111 (shooting in the dark). There are more of these references earlier on, although I carried on using them, albeit less frequently, throughout. When I stated my innocence by saying that my words spoke for themselves (#158), I meant it literally. The biggest clue of all, though, was at the end of Day 2 (#184):

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Saucepan Man
On another note, unless CaptainofDespair is innocent, it is quite possible that I will not survive this NIGHT. If that be the case, all I can say is bring it on! :p ;)

Oh, and all that business yesterday when LMP wondered why I had not been killed? I suspect it’s because the were creatures picked up on my hints and dare not kill me.

It looks now like we can now put Plan A into effect by lynching Durelin. Either Boromir88 or I will probably die to-Night (unless the Bear makes a last ditch attempt to make us look guilty).

I will post later with my ideas on how the voting should go to-Morrow (in case I do die to-Night).

Of course, the Bear could always own up now and save us all the bother (not to mention the lives of innocent Villagers). I'll hold off from voting, just in case he or she does.

Gurthang 08-23-2005 04:14 PM

Wow, I can see that people have finally caught onto my idea of a mass lynching, but with SamwiseGamgee's vote for Durelin, that cannot happen toDay. I agree now that lynching Durelin is a good plan, just so she can't screw things up, not like we have any choice. :rolleyes:

I will vote later though. Meneltarmacil has been silent since Saucepan Man annouced his ability. I just want to make sure everyone is on the same page before voting for Durelin.

Boromir88 08-23-2005 04:21 PM

Quote:

I agree now that lynching Durelin is a good plan, just so she can't screw things up, not like we have any choice.~Gurthang
Or we could even try to find the bear tonight? I am right now most suspicious of Meneltarmacil. But, I would be in favor of all voting for Durelin if that's what is decided.

Quote:

I will post later with my ideas on how the voting should go to-Morrow (in case I do die to-Night).~Saucepan
I would count on you making through the night, but who knows, just in case it would be a good idea.

I will probably post some final thoughts on people before the day ends.

The Saucepan Man 08-23-2005 05:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Boromir88
Or we could even try to find the bear tonight?

I too am most suspicious of Meneltarmacil, due to his silence. There's still a chance, though, that the Bear could be one of the others and that he is buying time to think. So I think that it's too risky to try for the Bear to-Day. If we get it wrong, we have to contend with both Durelin and the Bear to-Morrow and that could mess things up.

So, here's the final plan - Plan C. :D

First, wait as long as you can before voting, just to make sure that the Bear does not try to pass themselves off as the "real" Hunter or Seer. Then, when you have to vote, vote for Durelin.

If anyone tries to claim that they are the Hunter or the Seer and we can still lynch them to-Day, then we should do so (if we get it wrong, we can lynch the other one to-Morrow). If we can't do that because there are already too many votes for Durelin, then we either go for a double lynching to-Morrow or lynch one to-Morrow and, if we get it wrong, lynch the other the following Day (when there will still be two innocents left).

The following assumes that we lynch Durelin to-Day.

Unfortunately, Boromir88 will probably die to-Night, since the Bear will want to avoid either himself being pinpointed or two innocents being around to-Morrow. Unless I am certain of the Bear, I will not hunt tonight, to avoid killing another innocent. That means that I may die, but then Boromir88 will survive. Happily, whatever the Bear does over-Night, it will not avail him if all goes to plan.

So, tomorrow, we will have (at worst) 1 known innocent, 3 other (unknown) innocents and one Bear. We vote as follows:

A (Hunter or Seer) - does not vote.
B votes for C
C votes for D
D votes for E
E votes for B

That assumes that there is only one known innocent. If there are more, then they don't vote either.

In this situation, the Bear will have to do one of the following:

1. vote according to that plan - in which case he dies.

2. vote for a Villager other than the one allocated to him - in which case that Villager dies to-Morrow, another innocent dies overnight and the Bear (ie the one Villager who did not vote according to the plan) is lynched by the remaining two innocent Villagers the following Day;

3. vote for himself - in which case he dies; or

4. not vote - in which case he dies and an innocent Villager is saved.

The plan requires that every innocent Villager vote according to the agreed "rota".

The plan guarantees, I think, a victory for the Villagers. It is up to the Bear how many innocents die in the process.

If anyone can see a flaw, please bring it up as soon as possible. Otherwise ...

Let's hunt some Bear! :D

(Hehe, I have been wanting to say that since Day 1.)

PS There is one question that I must ask of the mighty Moddwen:

Can the Hunter choose not to nominate a victim over-Night?

Meneltarmacil 08-23-2005 06:07 PM

<-- I've used this icon on most of my posts, actually. And not just in this village.

Saucepan Man, thy idea soundeth like a goode one. Even if it's a bit bloody, we have to stoppe ye Beare soone. I'll wait as long as I can before having to exit ye village hexagon, and vote for Durelin unlesse ye Beare revealeth its identity somehowe.

The Saucepan Man 08-23-2005 06:54 PM

Nice of you to join us, Menel. ;)

I am retiring for my mid-Day nap now. But I sleep lightly and shall have my finger on the trigger of my trusty silver-bolted Crossbow, Weresbane, just in case anyone furry decides to come a'sniffing round. :p

When I return, I shall vote for Durelin, unless there have been any radical developments in the meantime. As always, I'll be voting late, so as to keep an eye out for any Bearish tricks.

Boromir88 08-23-2005 07:12 PM

I will get to bed earlier, so I can get up in time to cast a vote then. (I think setting the alarm might help). If nothing's changed since then, my vote goes to Durelin.

Meneltarmacil 08-23-2005 08:00 PM

Ye Knighte voteth againe

Not muche time lefte unlesse I get up earlier than usual during ye summer. I thinke I'll vote now.

++Durelin

Durelin 08-23-2005 10:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gurthang
I agree now that lynching Durelin is a good plan, just so she can't screw things up, not like we have any choice. :rolleyes:

*harrumph* I am horribly offended! Me? Screw things up?! Personally I think I'm a waste of a lynch...

Curse you all! I hope the Bear is smart enough to get you, though I doubt he'll get out of this one.

And to think all I've wanted for the past couple days was to get Saucie lynched :p Oh, and you made it onto my list, too, Boromir. And yes you should be honored...

Quote:

Originally Posted by Menel
Not muche time lefte unlesse I get up earlier than usual during ye summer. I thinke I'll vote now.

++Durelin

Ahh...third time's a charm. ;)

Gurthang 08-23-2005 11:19 PM

Well, to bed, to bed, so I must vote:

++Durelin

See most of you toMorrow.

dancing spawn of ungoliant 08-24-2005 12:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Boromir
I am the Seer.

Phew, great! I thought I was getting paranoid. You used a lot the verb "see" when others would have said "find" or something, but that "to seereally" was the strongest clue (though you cleverly added some other typos to the same post).

I think it's a little odd that we lynch only Durelin today considering that we know that she's not the bear. I would have preferred a double lynching today to a mass suicide tomorrow. But now when Durelin already has four votes it's impossible.

++DURELIN

Sorry, girl.

The Saucepan Man 08-24-2005 02:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dancing spawn
... but that "to seereally" was the strongest clue (though you cleverly added some other typos to the same post)

Hehe, good one Boro. I hadn't spotted it.

I believe that SamwiseGamgee is the only Villager who has not posted since Boromir88 uncloaked ( ;) ) himself. It seems to me that it is now most unlikely that Boro is not who he claims to be.

Had Samwise not voted for Durelin so early, we could (following Boro's revelation) have finished the Bear off today. That makes me suspicous of him.

Gamgee or not Gamgee, that is the question ... :D

Quote:

Originally Posted by dancing spawn
I think it's a little odd that we lynch only Durelin today considering that we know that she's not the bear. I would have preferred a double lynching today to a mass suicide tomorrow.

The risk there is that if we got it wrong, we would have only four Villagers tomorrow and (if the Bear went for option 2 identified in Plan C) only two on the final Day - one innocent and one Bear - which would, I believe result in a Bear victory.

I too would have preferred to leave as many innocents alive as possible and holding a mass lynching to-Morrow is regrettable. But it is the only way to ensure that the Beorning does not escape to kill again elsewhere.

++ DURELIN

Alas, poor Durelin, she played her role well.

I cannot be certain of the Bear, so I will probably not hunt to-Night. That means that I may die. If I do, then remember, fellow innocents:

If anyone else claims to be the Seer, lynch them. Then, if they were the Seer (highly unlikely, in my view), lynch Boromir88 the following Day.

Otherwise, vote according to Plan C, as set out in my post #416. It is important that each person does not simply vote for him/her-self, since that would allow the Bear to win by waiting until the end of the Day and then not voting. Known innocents should not be included in the vote and should not themselves vote.

The known innocent (Boromir88 if I am dead) should take the lead and set out, well in advance of the time for voting to begin, who is to vote for whom. Each innocent Villager should then make sure that they vote according to the agreed list.

Provided that all innocent Villagers follow the plan, then the only Villager (if any) who does not will be the Bear. Don't let that put you off. Follow the plan through unless you are absolutely sure of the Bear and can save innocent lives.

Adios. :smokin:

Boromir88 08-24-2005 04:24 AM

Quote:

Phew, great! I thought I was getting paranoid. You used a lot the verb "see" when others would have said "find" or something, but that "to seereally" was the strongest clue (though you cleverly added some other typos to the same post).
Yes, I did that intentionally, though I did not purposefully use the other typos...but hey having it be "clever" works. :D

Quote:

If anyone else claims to be the Seer, lynch them. Then, if they were the Seer (highly unlikely, in my view), lynch Boromir88 the following Day.
I'm glad you have full faith in me :p .

Anyway, I can't believe I actually did get up this early...Before 6:30 is unheard of...

++Durelin

Boromir88 08-24-2005 04:41 AM

I guess to not confuse things I should bold my vote...

++Durelin

Also, another reason for double posting is just a few final thoughts I had promised...

Saucepan- As said, known he was innocent since Night 2.

Dancing Spawn- Though I've never dreamed of her, I'm pretty confident she's innocent. As said, she's suspected me as the Seer for quite some time, and if she was the bear, and had any doubt I was the Seer, I would probably be dead by now.

Gurthang- Not too worried about him, as he did bring up the double-lynching idea.

So that leaves Samwise and Meneltarmacil.

I am most suspicious of Menel right now. It is odd how he suspects me as being the bear, yet doesn't vote for me. As if he was trying to keep me alive...to keep on being suspected? Then above that tries to set me up perhaps? I should have dreamed of him by now, but his old knighteth words, but not too confident now.

I can understand Durelin's votes/suspicions of myself (for kind of what Sauce said...thought I was the bear pretending to be the Seer. It was actually the other way around. I was the Seer pretending to look bearish, knowing the bear wouldn't kill me during the night as long as there wasn't some big public outcry for my lynching. So, I think it was more of a balancing act, trying to look suspicious, but not too suspicious). Anyway, which leads me to why I'm most suspicious of Menel...

I do find it odd he accuses me, then doesn't vote for me. Where Durelin atleast accuses me, then votes for me. It's like he's trying to keep me alive (since I was growing to being the suspected bear), but he didn't want to vote for me because to do so might give him away. So, sounds like he's been trying to set me up, turning you trusty villagers against me, when his hand in the matter doesn't get dirty. Trying to arouse suspicions, but not make himself incriminating enough to where he voted for me, and I would be lynched, obviously my identity would be revealed, and he could be facing some problems at thee gallows the next day.

I hope I didn't get lost in that jumbo back there but anyway...If I'm not alive tomorrow here's who I would vote for first, then so on...
1) Meneltarmacil
2) Samwise
3) Gurthang
4) Dancing Spawn (since she's not a guarantee, but I would vouch for her innocence, and if I'm wrong then I deserve to have all my medical instruments stuffed in me by the bear).

Good luck to ya'll if I don't get to speak to you again.

The Saucepan Man 08-24-2005 04:42 AM

Quote:

I'm glad you have full faith in me :p .

I have 99% faith in you, let's put it that way. The remaining 1% is residual paranoia. ;)

The Saucepan Man 08-24-2005 04:54 AM

Quote:

As said, she's suspected me as the Seer for quite some time, and if she was the bear, and had any doubt I was the Seer, I would probably be dead by now.

But the same might be said for Menel. If he is the Bear, and suspects that you are the Seer, why accuse you openly at all? Why not simply kill you over-Night? And dancing spawn might still be the Bear because, while she may have suspected that you were the Seer, she may also have not wanted to kill you in case you turned out to be the Hunter. Unlikely, perhaps. But possible.

I agree that Menel and Samwise Gamgee are the likeliest candidates. But I also think that the risk that neither of those is the Bear is too great. In my view, we should stick with Plan C to-Morrow in the continued absence of any certainty.

Boromir88 08-24-2005 05:08 AM

Quote:

And dancing spawn might still be the Bear because, while she may have suspected that you were the Seer, she may also have not wanted to kill you in case you turned out to be the Hunter. Unlikely, perhaps. But possible.
I'd agree with that.

Quote:

But I also think that the risk that neither of those is the Bear is too great. In my view, we should stick with Plan C to-Morrow in the continued absence of any certainty.
True, there are to many "unknowns" it would be risky.

dancing spawn of ungoliant 08-24-2005 05:32 AM

Quote:

And dancing spawn might still be the Bear because, while she may have suspected that you were the Seer, she may also have not wanted to kill you in case you turned out to be the Hunter. Unlikely, perhaps. But possible.
I wouldn't agree with that. :p

Anyway, if the next night doesn't change any plans, a mass lynching it is. Sad but effective.

Oddwen 08-24-2005 05:58 AM

Cue dramatic humming of the "Meow Mix" theme in a minor key...

Enough bolded and double-crossed votes were cast to ensure that Durelin - felinest of cats - would DIE.

"Hooray!" she said. "At last! I just wish my poor Wolves were around to see this." And thus fell the only tear shed at her death.

They trundled her in a sack and then made the trip to the pirhana infested lake below, and threw her in. There was a furious bubbling, a froth of blood, and then Durelin popped back up.

"Two down, seven to go!" she said happily.

"Er...what?" said the Villagers.

"Well all cats have nine lives, sillies!" she cried clawing a few ankles. "Drowning and pirhana, is that the best you can do?"

So they stabbed her, beat her, hung her, burned her, froze her, suffocated her, and finally in desparation they quoted poetry at her.

"Aargh!" she cried at the last. "This is intolerable cruelty, this is!" and dropped dead.

Upon visiting her house, they discovered enormous amounts of doggy chewing toys and missing pictures of dogs drawn by Firefoot.

"Well," they said ruefully examining their pant legs, "That menace is over."

Living:

Boromir88
Dancing Spawn of Ungoliant
Gurthang
Meneltarmacil
SamwiseGamgee
The Saucepan Man

Dead:

Oddwen (Mod) - Skeletonized by Wolves on NIGHT 1
Mithalwen (Werewolf) - Cheesily lynched on DAY 1
Alcarillo (Villager) - Smashed to bits on NIGHT 2
Mormegil (Villager) - Blown away on NIGHT 2
CaptainofDespair (Ranger) - Innocent blood rejected by nature, received by men on DAY 2
Encaitare (Villager) - Thrown off a cliff by a Bear on NIGHT 3
Firefoot (Sherriff) - Killed by clowns on NIGHT 3
Gil-Galad (Werewolf) - Lynch'ed!! on DAY 3
Arcticstorm (Sherriff) - Touched by a ten foot pole on NIGHT 4
Wilwarin (Villager) - This fine specimen displayed on NIGHT 4
Laitaine (Werewolf) - Boo hoo hoo, Wolves are through. DAY 4
Lalaith (Villager) - Verily and forsooth, she was crushed on NIGHT 5
Nonnacedak (Villager) - Went to sleep with the fishes on DAY 5
littlemanpoet (Villager) - Baked into doughnuts, with sprinkles on NIGHT 6
Durelin (Cobbler) - Drowned, eaten, stabbed, beaten, hung, burned, frozen, suffocated and quoted at on DAY 6

Oddwen 08-24-2005 05:58 AM

Cue dramatic humming of the "Meow Mix" theme in a minor key...

Enough bolded and double-crossed votes were cast to ensure that Durelin - felinest of cats - would DIE.

"Hooray!" she said. "At last! I just wish my poor Wolves were around to see this." And thus fell the only tear shed at her death.

They trundled her in a sack and then made the trip to the pirhana infested lake below, and threw her in. There was a furious bubbling, a froth of blood, and then Durelin popped back up.

"Two down, seven to go!" she said happily.

"Er...what?" said the Villagers.

"Well all cats have nine lives, sillies!" she cried clawing a few ankles. "Drowning and pirhana, is that the best you can do?"

So they stabbed her, beat her, hung her, burned her, froze her, suffocated her, and finally in desparation they quoted poetry at her.

"Aargh!" she cried at the last. "This is intolerable cruelty, this is!" and dropped dead.

Upon visiting her house, they discovered enormous amounts of doggy chewing toys and missing pictures of dogs drawn by Firefoot.

"Well," they said ruefully examining their pant legs, "That menace is over."

Living:

Boromir88
Gurthang
Meneltarmacil
SamwiseGamgee
The Saucepan Man

Dead:

CaptainofDespair (Ranger) - Innocent blood rejected by nature, received by men on DAY 2
Durelin (Cobbler) - Drowned, eaten, stabbed, beaten, hung, burned, frozen, suffocated and quoted at on DAY 6

It is now NIGHT 7. I need names from the Bear, Seer, and the Hunter if it is wished.

Oddwen 08-25-2005 05:57 AM

I can seereally why he didthat...

The Villagers awoke to a lack of sound.

What was it they were missing?

The early morning meowing of Durelin? No...

The early morning ranting of LMP? No...

That was it! The ever-growing squeakings of the long-deceased CaptainofDespair's shrews! They were no longer squeaking.

They made their way over to his Shrewbarn, chatting about the voting that was to happen later that day. Then, entering the barn, they stopped short.

The body of Boromir88 lay in the middle of the paddock, his face eaten away by the hungry shrews. (There's nothing that shrews like more than a nice face.)

Strangely, his eyes were still intact, even though the only thing shrews like better than a nice face is a nice eyeball.

"Um," one Villager offered, "Maybe his eyes were magic?"

"Maybe his eyes just didn't taste good," said a more sensible headed Villager.

Well, whatever the case, B88 was dead. No more would they have the benefit of his dreams - only ones past.

Living:

Gurthang
Meneltarmacil
SamwiseGamgee
The Saucepan Man

Dead:

Boromir88 (Seer) - He didn't seereally what was coming on NIGHT 7

DAY 7 begins now. Gentlepeople, start your gallows. *vroom, vrooooooom!*

The Saucepan Man 08-25-2005 06:27 AM

Alas poor Boromir88, he willingly gave his life for the Village. Not that there is much left of the Village ... :(

Unfortunately, the only way to guarantee that we stop the dastardly Black Beorning in his (or her) tracks is to carry through the mass lynch plan. We could lynch one person to-Day and one more to-Morrow. Or we could go for a double lynching to-Day. Either way, if we get it wrong, we're doomed and the Bear goes free.

Being a cautious soul, I would rather go for the guaranteed kill. But, since I am the only known innocent (as proved beyond all doubt by Boromir88's death and confirmation as the Seer) and therefore will not be the one doing the dying, we should only do it if at least three out of the four others that remain agree.

If we do, then I suggest the voting goes as follows:

The Saucepan Man does not vote.
Dancing spawn votes for Gurthang.
Gurthang votes for Meneltarmacil.
Meneltarmacil votes for Samwise Gamgee.
Samwise Gamgee votes for dancing spawn.

It is regrettable, but the best way in my opinion.

But please - no voting until all have had an opportunity to be heard.

dancing spawn of ungoliant 08-25-2005 07:04 AM

As you said, Saucy, it's regrettable but we cannot guarantee our victory in any other way. Well, except, you can always leave me alive and lynch only Gurthang, Menel and Samwise, but somehow I don't see that happening. :p

You know, it would be very decent of the bear if he (yes, he) just surrendered so we wouldn't have to kill everybody. But, of course, I'm asking too much.

Meneltarmacil 08-25-2005 07:09 AM

I agree withe thee as welle, SpM. Ye Beare muste be stopped, even if it meaneth our deathes. This Knighte is prepared to die for ye village.

Gurthang 08-25-2005 09:09 AM

Poor Boromir. He was always rather insightful, but in a not-so-obvious way. At least he was able to give us an innocent before he died. (I also wonder what became of CaptaionofDespair's shrews? ;) )

It is rather sad that our village will be reduced to one person after today. I almost feel it would be better to leave a couple of people so that we have a village left rather than just a person. But that being said, no one will trust anyone now except Saucepan Man, so I think we are going to have to do the mass lynching.

Just in case: I may not be on much toDay(college life and all). I don't know if you want to start voting without me or wait on me; that's up to Saucepan Man. Also if we do end up with just a double lynching, which is unlikely, I am more suspicious of SamwiseGamgee and Meneltarmacil than dancing spawn, so I would support lynching the two of them. But as I said, nobody trusts anyone, so that is unlikely.

The Saucepan Man 08-25-2005 09:40 AM

'Dis town is comin' like a Ghost Town

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gurthang
It is rather sad that our village will be reduced to one person after today. I almost feel it would be better to leave a couple of people so that we have a village left rather than just a person.

Indeed. I shall be quite lonely all on my own! Perhaps I shall move on in search of more foul lycanthropes to despatch, now that I am better acquainted with their ways.

Three Villagers have now signified their consent to the mass lynching plan. I don't think we need wait for SamwiseGamgee. Please could everyone now vote in accordance with the directions set out in my first post of today (#434). Remember, all innocent Villagers must follow this plan if it is to be successful.

The only way that the Bear can survive to-Day is to vote for someone other than his "assigned" Villager. If he (or she) does that, we lose an innocent to-Day, an innocent over-Night (probably me) and the remaining two innocents can kill him (or her) off to-Morrow.

I can always come in with a late vote and save the innocents if the identity of the Bear becomes clear during the course of to-Day.

Ask not what your Village can do for you, but what you can do for your Village. :D

Meneltarmacil 08-25-2005 10:59 AM

Alrighte. Let's put this plan into actione.

++SamwiseGamgee

dancing spawn of ungoliant 08-25-2005 01:04 PM

C'est la vie.

++GURTHANG