The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum (http://forum.barrowdowns.com/index.php)
-   Middle-earth Mirth (http://forum.barrowdowns.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Tol-in-Gaurhoth (Isle of Werewolves) (http://forum.barrowdowns.com/showthread.php?t=11911)

Eomer of the Rohirrim 10-04-2008 02:02 PM

There's no obligation to post lots. If you want to post just once a day then that's fine by me. But it's more fun if people contribute more.

I think I mentioned before that the game would be simple. I've actually changed my mind and want to do something a little bit creative. But it's all very secretive. I'm still ironing out the details.

The thread should be up tomorrow and I think Night 1 will start either tomorrow or Monday.

Mithalwen 10-04-2008 03:08 PM

Eomer, may I confirm my participation?

Eomer of the Rohirrim 10-05-2008 05:18 AM

I'm very happy to hear that, Mith.

If anyone else wants to join you have until 7PM GMT +1 to do so. The game's deadline (i.e. beginning of Days and Nights) will be 11PM GMT +1. I'll likely send out roles a little earlier in the evening.

I'm going to start the game thread now.

Eomer of the Rohirrim 10-05-2008 06:32 AM

Game thread is up, but no posting on it yet, please.

Ok, so this game will be a little bit experimental. I, of course, hope it goes swimmingly, but I will beg your forgiveness if it goes wrong. Here's hoping all's well, eh? ;)

satansaloser2005 10-05-2008 06:51 PM

Blast. I missed it, didn't I?

Oh well, probably for the best, what with midterms and all. Best of luck to all the players! :)

Nogrod 10-06-2008 07:11 AM

Eomer: Did Night1 start two hours before the time the actual DL will be?

Gaunt 10-06-2008 08:07 AM

Eomer,

I would like to confirm my participation in this game.

Yours sincerely,

Gaunt

Eomer of the Rohirrim 10-06-2008 10:56 AM

Ah, good to see you making a public appearance Gaunt. :)

I should explain, especially to Sally, that Gaunt is one of my invitees and had already told me (face to face) that he would play. I just hadn't put him in the public list until he showed up here.

I sent out roles last night so I'm afraid you are too late, Sally.

In answer to Nogrod, yes I started Night 1 early. I didn't think there was a pressing need to wait. Don't worry: the deadline for the Days from now on will not randomly be two hours early. ;)

Eomer of the Rohirrim 10-06-2008 02:48 PM

I know I haven't explained everything very official like, and I've probably missed a few things (that can't be inferred by the narrative). Please point these things out and I'll explain (if the secrets permit it!) :)

Mithalwen 10-07-2008 06:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eomer of the Rohirrim (Post 569476)

In answer to Nogrod, yes I started Night 1 early. I didn't think there was a pressing need to wait. Don't worry: the deadline for the Days from now on will not randomly be two hours early. ;)

But Nogrod's deadline IS two hours early..... that is one of the special rules isn't it Eomer? :Merisu:

Nogrod 10-07-2008 07:32 AM

I counted it one hour wrong and didn't pay heed to the difference between BD-time and realtime... :rolleyes:

It seems to be as Eomer cryptically says it is eg. 10GMT +1 which would mean in more easy terms 9GMT...

Eomer of the Rohirrim 10-07-2008 10:42 AM

11PM GMT+1.

11 for me. 10 for UK, and so on.

satansaloser2005 10-07-2008 11:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eomer of the Rohirrim (Post 569476)
Ah, good to see you making a public appearance Gaunt. :)

I should explain, especially to Sally, that Gaunt is one of my invitees and had already told me (face to face) that he would play. I just hadn't put him in the public list until he showed up here.

I sent out roles last night so I'm afraid you are too late, Sally.

No, that's totally fine, I just didn't realize this game was starting so soon. No worries; like I said, I didn't really have time to play anyway. Sounds fun though; I'm sure you'll all enjoy yourselves. :D

Thinlómien 10-07-2008 02:54 PM

I have a question about the rules: How is it decided who dies if several people get the same amount of votes? If I calculated correctly, Samwise, Kath and I all got two votes...

Nogrod 10-07-2008 03:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thinlómien (Post 569640)
I have a question about the rules: How is it decided who dies if several people get the same amount of votes? If I calculated correctly, Samwise, Kath and I all got two votes...

It was said in the opening post of toDay:
Quote:

Originally Posted by Eomer
There will be no double-lynches. In the event of a tie, the first player to reach the necessary number of votes will be killed.

Thinlómien 10-07-2008 03:02 PM

Okay, I should obviously start paying more attention to what Eomer says... :rolleyes: Sorry.

Nogrod 10-07-2008 03:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thinlómien (Post 569645)
Okay, I should obviously start paying more attention to what Eomer says... :rolleyes: Sorry.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lommy in the game thread
You know, he is a teacher in RL, so he must have an instinct to explain stuff to people if he assumes they don't know it. (He even has a bad habit of considering people more stupid than they are: often, when he explains something, he starts with making sure I know what some obvious thing is... )

And how I trusted you on this... :D:D

EDIT: corrected the bolding...

Rune Son of Bjarne 10-07-2008 03:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thinlómien (Post 569640)

You should almost get a neg-rep for this :p

Thinlómien 10-07-2008 03:21 PM

What a nice club of gentlemen we have here... :rolleyes::p;)

satansaloser2005 10-08-2008 01:11 PM

*grabs popcorn and enjoys herself....and that's just from THIS thread*

Eomer of the Rohirrim 10-12-2008 05:38 AM

Shasta has informed me that, unfortunately, he must drop out of the game due to having no time to spare. I'll take care of this in the narration tonight.

Shastanis Althreduin 10-13-2008 11:17 PM

Sorry, guys. What with a sum total of fourteen shows to do, I simply did not have the time or energy to participate to the extend I wanted to. :( My apologies, and good luck to the Wargs! Hopefully when the next game comes around I won't be so busy.

Thinlómien 10-14-2008 01:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shastanis Althreduin (Post 570222)
Sorry, guys. What with a sum total of fourteen shows to do, I simply did not have the time or energy to participate to the extend I wanted to. :( My apologies, and good luck to the Wargs! Hopefully when the next game comes around I won't be so busy.

That's rather understandable - everyone is too busy every now and then. :) Hope your shows go well!

Groin Redbeard 10-17-2008 11:59 AM

Great job to all the Were Wolves out there, you nearly succeeded but I'm glad that you didn't!:D Gaunt and Gwath, you two did an exceptional job!:D I hope you play again soon Gaunt, we need some fresh new players! ;)

Gollum the Great 10-17-2008 01:31 PM

Man, werewolf is fun! I've got to do this more.

Gwathagor 10-17-2008 03:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Groin Redbeard (Post 570494)
Gaunt and Gwath, you two did an exceptional job!:D

Thank you.

Gwathagor 10-17-2008 10:05 PM

That was actually the first game I've survived.

Mithalwen 10-18-2008 09:50 AM

Dead right....

Technically that was my most successful game since I voted for all the baddies and no innocents (I hope Eomer will explain what the deal was with Brinniel). Of course I died which slightly spoilt the pleasure....

Eomer of the Rohirrim 10-18-2008 10:38 AM

How come no-one's posting on the game thread. :confused:

Mithalwen 10-18-2008 10:53 AM

I don't know.. Saturdays are often quiet but I expected some reactions...

Aganzir 10-19-2008 12:05 PM

Hey darlings, who's modding next? I am itching to play.

Gollum the Great 10-19-2008 04:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aganzir (Post 570580)
Hey darlings, who's modding next? I am itching to play.

A question on modding: do you have to get permission or something to do it? I'm still relatively new at werewolf, and I still don't know a great deal.

Aganzir 10-19-2008 04:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gollum the Great (Post 570587)
A question on modding: do you have to get permission or something to do it? I'm still relatively new at werewolf, and I still don't know a great deal.

There's a modding list which consists of at most five names at a time. You must acknowledge your willingness to mod in this thread to get on the list, assuming there's space.

Gollum the Great 10-19-2008 04:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aganzir (Post 570588)
There's a modding list which consists of at most five names at a time. You must acknowledge your willingness to mod in this thread to get on the list, assuming there's space.

Great! How does one find out when its one's turn?

Aganzir 10-19-2008 04:38 PM

Hmm I think it's Diamond's turn now, and then Mith's, but after them there should be no one... It's Naria who has usually been keeping the list up to date but she doesn't seem to have been around for a while so I'm not quite sure how the list should look now.

Groin Redbeard 10-20-2008 12:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aganzir (Post 570590)
Hmm I think it's Diamond's turn now, and then Mith's, but after them there should be no one... It's Naria who has usually been keeping the list up to date but she doesn't seem to have been around for a while so I'm not quite sure how the list should look now.

Well whoever it is I'm in! :D

Diamond18 10-20-2008 01:29 PM

Yeah, it's my turn. I'm not sure what exactly my game is going to be, I wanted to do a "sequel" to my last game but that one needs a lot of players to work. Twenty at least. So whether I do that, or a simpler game, really depends on how many people want to play.

The original All Star Crossed... game, for reference.

Also, the rules.

Thinlómien 10-20-2008 01:32 PM

You can always count on me to be in. ;) (Says she who missed your previous game... :rolleyes: :D)

Aganzir 10-20-2008 01:37 PM

I would love to participate in such a game - it definitely sounds interesting.

Legate of Amon Lanc 10-20-2008 01:43 PM

Of course, after such a long absence from WW, and after such an... hmm... interesting game, it is without question for me to sign up too... and that's without taking into account what the game's going to look like... (I'm going to take a look. Hopefully that's not going to scare me away. But I hope also playing the old one isn't a prerequisite... hey, it seems to have taken place just before I joined! Anyway...)